Poxpoints (Automated Trade Store) -- GRAND REOPENING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poxpoints, May 31, 2020.

1. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

Thank you, it is nice to hear that the community is finding Poxpoints useful!

2. Thareas

Thareas The King of Potatoes

Damn I see that you open again a store and I said myself, ok, back to the old poxnora xD (I'm usually a PvE player but I find this game funny as that so thanks for that I can now sell a lot of runes and make new decks again ^^)

Poxpoints likes this.
  3. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

This is awesome. If I could, I would have your babies.

Poxpoints likes this.
  4. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

@Poxpoints
    Trades aren't going through for some reason. There's a bot trader that adds a trade, but it's not yours, and it may mess with things. Can you look into it?

Poxpoints likes this.
  5. Poxpoints

Thanks for letting me know, should be fixed now! It took a bit as I am traveling in Italy at the moment!

6. poxrooster

Still doesn't work.

7. poxrooster

Can I just get my money back please?

8. Poxpoints

Pretty odd, seems like trades are going through for others at the moment! Are you on Discord as well? Just hit me up in a DM there or here and we can check what is causing the issues for you!

9. poxrooster

It's not that complicated. I've tried both ways to trade several times. It starts the process. Then, I wait. I've waited a few minutes. I've waited a few hours. In the past, it seems to work better on longer trade hours, but it just hasn't worked. So I just want that money back, or walk through a trade with me to make sure I'm doing it right.

10. Poxpoints

Sure thing, so first you add the runes to your cart from the store. If there is a + before it means you are trading the runes IN the store, if you there is a - it means you are trading them OUT of the store. Once you have added the runes to the cart you have two options. Either manual or automated. If you use manual, you create the trade in PoxNora yourself and paste the trade id (you can find the id in the url) in the field that says Trade Id. If you go for the automated option, you type your username and password and the Poxpoints bot can create the trade for you. A bid should be made on the trade within a few minutes (the bigger your trade the longer it can take). If something went wrong an error message should show up in the trader. Of course I can still issue you a refund as well, just send me the email you used to pay in a message on here if that's what you prefer. Some things that might help me troubleshoot what is going on, if you can answer the following that would be great: the runes you try to trade IN / OUT, the browser you are using, whether you are using your account while the trade is processing. Cheers!

11. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Automated requires you to give your username and password to a third party site? Thats a big no from me, i just use manual, it takes a minute. Why add the automated option, bit weird, no offense.

12. Poxpoints

We don't store the password anywhere, it's just used to log the user into PoxNora. With the automated option you don't need to set up the trade yourself anymore which is kinda neat to be honest and saves a fair bit of time! Of course some prefer not to use this as it requires your Pox password and if that is the case you can use the manual option like you said.

13. poxrooster

Okay, here is what I mean is the problem. First off, I just completed a trade about a week ago, so I know it works, but I'm trying again tonight, and it's doing the same thing. For me, it often freezes.

Here's some pics.

Poxnora Trade.jpg
    Poxpoints Trade.jpg

As you can see, I've done everything completely correct. The trade is 9:32 pm my time (top right corner) 4:32 am trade time. Poxpoints.com, in the second pic, shows over 10 minutes later, 9:44 pm my time (top right corner), with no trade confirmation but "Processing your trade. Please wait until done." It's now 9:56 my time while writing this, and there's still no trade confirmation. So what gives? I'm just trying to understand.

Here's another pic, so you know my trade was correct.

Second Poxnora Trade Pic.jpg

Attached Files:

14. poxrooster

No more thing, I went back to poxpoints.com, refreshed the trade by refreshing my web page, entered the trade # again; and it worked. Go freakin figure. Ugh!

15. Poxpoints

First of all, thanks for taking the time to give me some detailed feedback. So if I understand correctly, it just remains stuck on "Processing your trade"? This is super odd behavior, I will try to troubleshoot it, but this is only possible for me if I can reproduce this error. So far, I haven't had it myself which makes it a bit difficult to know where the issue lies. If you can, the next time when you make a trade open developer tools (Option + ⌘ + J on mac) and let me know if anything shows up under "errors" or "user messages" when it fails. Fingers crossed there is an error shown there and I can solve it by looking into that. Also for the future, if you didn't get a bid in like max 5 minutes, just do the trade again as it meant for sure it didn't go through. Also if anyone else had this happen, do reach out to me!

poxrooster likes this.
  16. Poxpoints

Everyone, the 20% squish will happen 1 hour from now. All runes with the exception of some out of stock LEs will go down in price by 20%, the same will happen with your current points. Of course your buying power will stay the exact the same as before. Still, if you prefer to take out your points before, please do so now!

17. poxrooster

Yes, your understanding is correct. It just freezes. And yes, of course, I will monitor it for you. Actually, I have been. I've looked at the trade time, refreshing, right runes or rune counts, everything. There does seem to be any pattern; it seems unpredictable. It's really weird.

I'm only bringing this to your attention, by the way, not to be rude or anything. I really like your site and want it to succeed, so I try to support it because I'm pox or die. So yeah, if something else comes up, I'll let you know.

18. Poxpoints

There is definitely one interesting thing, and that is that it allows you do the trade again after refreshing. It means it at least reaches a form of completion in the script (be it a success or an error), else you wouldn't be able to trade anymore (you can't make a new trade when you still have one open normally). So I will start by monitoring those calls (which are quite few still, but well, at least it's a bit more narrow than going through the whole thing).

Thank you, much appreciated. Yeah, same here, I am quiet proud of it even with its little issues and quirks, haha! And thanks for letting me know if something else pops up!

19. Poxpoints

Absolutely massive restock is done. Enjoy!

20. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Appears that there's more of a limit on the trade in than you can actually post up in a trade. I cba to count how many runes I'm actually trying to trade in, but I'm currently clicking on one to add to trade in, and the PP client just won't take any more on the list. Kinda frustrating.

So now I gotta redo the Trade on the site, so I can attempt to retry the trade. Or reset my password, that might keep me more sane....

Edit; Keep getting a 'check your runes' error. And I keep checking my runes, and they're still there... I've done this three times now, and I'm starting to wear thin on patience...

Edit 2; Finally figured it out. Apparently the system isn't robust enough to not do a mass trade-in before trading en masse. Cleared Cart, refreshed, and went to mass trade in, punched in trade ID, whatever it does on the backend said I could proceed. Punched in Trade ID for checkout, bid posted within a couple minutes.

Thank you for hosting the shop, but there might need to be some additions to your troubleshooting section.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Poxpoints likes this.