PoxPoints (fully automated tradestore!) -- OFFLINE

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by Poxpoints, May 18, 2015.

1. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

Any kind of symbol (we might loosen up a bit on our password policy, but it's mostly for your own security).

Cheers,

Josh753

2. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I mean, like why?
    I very much understand that it's for security but this is a huge issue for me, I keep my passwords within 5 different things depending what security level I desire so if I ever go on hiatus from something I can discover the password within 5 attempts upon returning.

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Meh, I'm happy with the password policy. There's nothing that is "too safe" for internet security. Defenders have to succeed 100% of the time to be effective. Attackers only have to succeed once.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Just curious, but how long are those passwords? A 6-8 digit password can be broken in under a second. I hope you consider them passphrases instead.

5. Rokkushun

average of 14 characters, it's to the point where I can tell someone my password with no fear of them remembering it because it's complete gibberish that cannot even be pronounced.

one of my old passwords was Rh4oW1cAA9pLz4DgF.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm just going to leave this here. Courtesy of XKCD

[​IMG]

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Mine average ~16 digits. In the beginning I just used my moms old credit card numbers, now I just use a Hex Converter on information that is familiar to me then use that.

8. Rokkushun

While this is good in theory, Microsoft does not allow passwords over 16 characters.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

10. Rokkushun

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If the Windows 8 computer is on an Active Directory domain, yes. Otherwise you're limited to the operating system. By default Microsoft does restrict the password to 16 characters in Windows 8. I have not attempted the method in the link below as I refuse to use Windows 8. It's worth a shot if you want a longer password.

http://securitynirvana.blogspot.com/2012/08/windows-8-password-security.html

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Going to let this stay in GD for now, but it will be moved to Rune Trading, where it will be stickied in a few days. This is to be considered the primary thread for your trade-store correct?

13. Poxpoints

This would work as the main thread for the trade-store, yes.

Thanks,

Josh753

14. Poxpoints

Bumping back up for more BETA enjoyment!

15. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Password rules have annoyed me ever since I read that (as in more than before).

EDIT: whoops, looks like @darklord48 was way ahead of me!

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Just tried it out, dropping some extras in to get some of them sweet sweet premium points.

Pretty slick, I really like the autotrade thing. It was way more cool than I thought it would be.

17. Poxpoints

Enjoy Pie Sky!

I'm glad you like it, I think the most important things to fix for us now are:
    - Make it so that you can trade IN multiple runes.
    - The trader's speed.

Now then stuff is going to go down, haha!

Cheers,

Josh753

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Looks good so far. I traded a bunch of stuff in to help your stock, and my account balance for when there is more stock :)

19. Poxpoints

Thanks, it's appreciated!

Josh753

20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Augh, the website is painfully slow for me. Perhaps just for me, but it really sucks. The premium/standard system irritates me quite a bit ... can't get anything done so far. Why is the UI so tiny, btw? I have massive borders around it.

Well, I'll check back later; the profit spans seem rather reasonable.