PoxPoints (fully automated tradestore!) -- OFFLINE

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by Poxpoints, May 18, 2015.

1. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

First of all keep in mind this is an open BETA, still a lot that needs to be improved.

The trader tends to be slow at times, we're looking at a way to improve this (should be done over the course of next week).

The Premium/Standard system will remain in place. It makes it so that everyone can get all the runes they want if they trade IN runes that are just as hard to get, while all runes that are less hard to get are widely available for everyone who can trade IN any sort of rune with an equal value. Because of this system we are able to give such great prices for runes that are being traded IN.
    I hope this makes you understand our system a bit better and why we opt for it.

We are planning on constantly having the cart open next to the trader to utilize the space better and make the trader more convenient in use for the user (this will most likely not be done yet by next week though).

Thanks for the feedback,

Josh753

Pattn199 likes this.
  2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

The speed of the rune table (especially browsing versus just typing in a search) is a known issue and something I'm working on this week. Sorry about that.

For me personally, it's not unbearable, but Josh says for him it's pretty bad.

I suspect I need to optimize my Ajax calls to the server for data and do more local caching.

Thanks for checking it out though...get those premium points while they're hot ;-)

As for the premium/standard dichotomy, it was our way to monetize while not creating a separate "cash store" apart fron the trader. This has advantages to us as well as (I believe) customers, especially when rewarding premium runes for trade ins. Good incentive for customers and good throttle for high-demand/low-stock runes...Hope you understand.

As for passwords, I also find the increasingly elaborate password requirements on the web annoying; however, they do exist for a good reason, and I already disabled two-factor authentication so at least count your bleasings there =P

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Alright, if the reason for the good rates is the standard/limited system then I understand its advantage.

Also, you might want to increase the font size a bit. I have sort of good eyes and it really is a bit of a strain.

As for the password security, why not a lockout system? Guess wrong a few times, get hoops to jump through. And if my PW was "monkey" nobody would guess it in ten tries.

Poxpoints likes this.
  4. Boozha

Well, it does look a lot like on the first page; I was talking about those big grey areas left and right of the list. I understood that the right one is going to be replaced by the cart, but the left one?

Seems unneccessary to me, but it is your design ;)

newsbuff likes this.
  5. Boozha

Further feedback, searches via the mask are pleasantly fast, but showing more than 50 entries takes ... arbitrarily long. Not sure if long load or bugged

6. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

Means a symbol like (ex. !@#$%^&*)

7. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Suggestion:
    1 Allow search for rarity and multiple search (eg. common, moga). If that cannot be done, allow sort by rarity
    2 Allow sort by name/price
    3. Allow search by faction (eg. SP or Shattered Peak)

Bug (?):
    While adding things to cart, it will sometimes randomly go into "processing". I am not sure what it does in the back end but what become annoying is that it reset your block for 1 rune so you could add the same rune into cart again. Every time it reset I will have to load up the cart and cross check if I have add X into the cart already.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

we will be adding lots of additional sorting/filtering options as well as integration features with your rune checklist (i.e. to show you inside the rune trader what you have in your checklist, or to quickly find runes you are missing from your checklist).

Bug: That's not a bug, but the table does reload data from server every 30 seconds. This is because pricing/stock changes as runes are traded in/out of the store. The slowwww processing is a known issue, though.

9. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Thanks for clearing that up, but the unblock bit was also intended?

By blocking I mean, after you add a trade in into cart, it will be grey out, when the refreshes happens, it revert it into "Trade in X"

10. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Won't read through the entire thread, but some quick points to make (pun intended):

Passwords are way too requiring - at least remove the capital requirement.

Font is too small on most pages.

Buy Pox Points page doesn't display currency type.

Loading times way too long.

No image popup when hovering over the rune art.

4 digit numbers and up need full-stops every 3 digits for clarity.

11. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

The blocking is there to discourage people from attempting to trade more than 1 copy of a rune at a time. If you attempt it, it will reject the trade anyways, but it's there just as a temporary measure while I work on allowing multiple copies of a single rune to be traded out. The problem is that currently all rune prices are served directly from the server, while the contents of your cart aren't transmitted to the server until checkout - so to enable your car to update with prices/stock as you add or remove runes from your cart, I need to either transmit cart data to server, or calculate prices/stock in the browser.

All things we're working on. Thanks for the feedback :)

12. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

show "all" entries does not work, it says "no matching records to display"

13. VindraxIsMyHomie

VindraxIsMyHomie New Member

I'm not sure how hard it'd be to implement at this point but... you could change the call to only update the visible runes, rather than the whole table, and force an update any time a new rune becomes visible on the page.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Poxpoints likes this.
  14. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Another suggestion:
    Put in a space in between or after the pages on the bottom allow people type in the page they want to go to.
    This should help before the other listing size implement.

15. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

Known bug.

@newsbuff this one is for you.

We will discuss this (it might just be easier to fix the "Show All Entries" + let people use "ctrl + f" for now.

Other than that, I want to thank everyone for all the suggestions and all the support we've been getting!

Cheers,

Josh753

16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Man, I just can't get over how baller this autotrader is. Great job.

Poxpoints and Pattn199 like this.
  17. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Gz for launching it at last!
    However first thing you should implement — filters for runes in stock and premium/standard.

Poxpoints likes this.
  18. Boozha

Am I the only one here who will not, under any curcumstances, give a website the credentials for another website with a few hundred dollars worth of bullshit on it?

VindraxIsMyHomie likes this.
  19. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

you don't have to give them anything besides your username, and if you're sensitive about giving that out I've some bad news for you.

20. Boozha

How does the auto trader work with only your user name?