PoxPoints (fully automated tradestore!) -- OFFLINE

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by Poxpoints, May 18, 2015.

1. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

And we're back up!

SPiEkY, darklord48 and hfok like this.
  2. Liion

Liion Well-Known Member

Like Burcho said, a couple view filters would make the site totally awesome, right now its pretty tedious to use:

Filter for:
    - In stock
    - In Standard
    - In Premium
    - Out Standard
    - Out Premium
    - Factions/Edition/Rarity, etc.

But great site!, keep it up.
    Cheers.

3. Poxpoints

It has been a bit since the last update, mainly due to running low on funding.

For more information on the topic please check out this link.

EDIT: updated main post.

Thanks in advance,

Josh753

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  4. Effy

Effy The King of Potatoes

How is some runes are premium when trading out but standard to trade in?

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That means there is only 2 in stock. When you trade in, if there are 0-1 in stock, you get premium points, and for someone to them out, they need premium points.

*Edited with @Burcho's fix

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    SPiEkY, Poxpoints and newsbuff like this.
  6. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

FTFY

Poxpoints, newsbuff and darklord48 like this.
  7. Poxpoints

This has actually been updated to only be the first rune in stock.

So to explain completely:
    - If the stock is 0 you will get Premium Points for trading IN that rune (and you won't be able to trade the rune out as there is no stock).
    - If the stock is 1 you will get Standard Points for trading IN that rune, but you need Premium Points to trade OUT that rune.
    - If the stock is > 1 you will get Standard Points for trading IN that rune, and can use Standard Points to trade OUT that rune (or Premium Points as well of course).

I hope that this brings some more clarity.

Cheers,

Josh753

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    SPiEkY and darklord48 like this.
  8. Oswin

Oswin Well-Known Member

Hey man, the site doesn't work. I tried manual trade and it will say trade is valid. However, when you try to execute trade, it will say
    The manual trade you created does not match the runes in your shopping cart. Please review the runes in your shipping cart and try again.
    But there is nothing wrong

PS: tried it with or without the bronze token

9. Poxpoints

It should work just fine, can you tell me what runes you tried to trade IN and OUT, and are you sure your trade contains those runes?

EDIT: just link me your trade too.
    EDIT 2: just tested myself, no problems at all.

Cheers,

Josh753

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  10. Oswin

Oswin Well-Known Member

same thing happen and it still say the same thing. It wont go through.

PS: it actually worked after I use just the trade ID instead of the trade URL. I got confused on the URL part.
    PS2: sorry for the confusion
    PS3: I took a bronze token from your store because the trade went thru somehow with the token.

here is the link to give it back...
    just bid a bronze token for 2 back
    https://www.poxnora.com/trader/viewtrade.do?id=3768243

11. Poxpoints

Glad to hear that everything worked out!

Bidded!

Cheers,

Josh753

12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Just use the auto-trader, mate. So much easier and faster :cool:

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Poxpoints

The Path of De'lim runes have been added to the trader!

Cheers,

Josh753

14. Effy

Effy The King of Potatoes

Just my throwing feelings around that,

As you are starting up, lots (maybe most) of the runes are premium to buy.
    I feel that trading my runes for "normal" points is bad to me because most the the runes i would wish to trade out are on premium.

If only i would be trading i would look for what im looking for, only trade in "premium" runes if the ones i want are premium, and would trade only standard in case i want just a standard rune.

Feels like im trapped in 2 kinds of market and i don´t feel like never trading a premium rune just to get a normal ones.

This way i will never feel like dumping all the commons/uncommons i get from boxes like i do in poxbox. Because i will just get second class points not worth to get any "nice" rune.

Just to throw some feedback, maybe its just me.

15. Poxpoints

While I understand where you are coming from you should try to look at it from another perspective:

- Poxbox automatically takes out 2 (or more) of every rune to add it to their cash only store and even when you're the first one trading that rune IN you will only get "normal" PoxBox credit and that rune won't be available in the tradestore at all (as it will go straight to the cash store).
    - We only put the first of every rune available for Premium Points, if you trade IN that first rune you get Premium Points instead of Standard Points as a bonus, and you can use those points to take out runes that in PoxBox's model are only available for cash.

I hope that explains it a bit more at least and in the long run I believe this is a better system for the customer.

Cheers,

Josh753

16. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Just to reiterate Josh's comparison:

Identical to Pox Box, except PB takes first 2 runes as cash-only "premium" while we only take first 1 rune as premium-only.
    This would be like complaining that trading in runes to PoxBox doesn't reward you with $USD Cash to use in their cash shop, and you only get PoxBox points for use in their Trader. We have the same exact model, the only difference is, PoxPoints actually does give you Cash Credit (Premium Points) to use for our low-stock premium-only runes. PoxBox never gives Cash premium credit for their "premium" low-stock runes.

Again, PoxBox and PoxPoints both reserve first 1 or 2 runes as cash/premium only. The big difference is, PoxPoints gives you Cash (premium) credit if you trade in low-stock runes. PoxBox never lets you buy cash-shop runes using your point balance no matter what you trade in.

So in closing, not only does PoxPoints give a much fairer exchange rate, and reward more credit for trade-ins than PB, but we reward our customers with cash premium credit when trading in low-stock runes - something PB never does. All this on top of the very quick and convenient Auto-Trader.

SPiEkY, Burcho and Poxpoints like this.
  17. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

@newsbuff @Poxpoints This was meant to be a PM, but as the topic has been brought up and I thought it might be better if we have an open discussion with everyone who enjoyed your service and maybe could do some brain storm together in order to help PoxPoints to grow.

I do agree with PoxPoints is simply cheaper and less taxing compare to PoxBox, however I do believe @Effy has a really good point about feeling inferior when you trade in for standard credit.

Lets break this down as I do believe this is a good topic to discuss seeing from my point of view, PoxPoint should really be bigger than it currently is given its awesome feature and low tax rate.

I understand that this really isn't my business to run, so feel free to disregard my opinion in this matter, as it could be oppose to the business model PoxPoints try to adapt.

Firstly, I believe most users appreciate the fact that "any user could earn cash credit while being a free user". This is a very unique aspect of the store and should be highlighted if you ever want to advertise the store. This, however, has then become a problem, as stupid as it sound:

The store is simply too rewarding that made premium points feels like "the standard" point where standard point feel like overstock points (or second tier points).

Thus, it could (or have already) lead to the following situation:
    1) Only reward the first user who trade in 0 stock runes and made other user less willing to trade in the same runes
    2) Low in stock (around 0-2 at most per runes)
    3) User who trade in for Premium do not want to spend them on standard points trade
    4) Only very small amount of users will trade in for standard point
    5) At some point, no one could get premium points to trade out while most runes cost premium points only.
    6) Discourage user to trade in standard point as users felt they have lost the runes (what could have been) value
    7) Users are more likely to only trade in lower tier runes to stock up massive premium points and wait until something that is a few tier above is available and trade out with the premium points (this is fine as everyone want to make profit, but when your stock flow is low, this could be a problem)

My thought of how premium points should be:
    1) A bonus give out along with standard points instead of paying the whole trade in as premium.
    2) Given out if trade out also require premium points, this is to make user feel "fair" as both party are trading with premium points.
    3) A loyalty reward rather than a first come first serve deal.

There could be 2 ways of doing this* (assuming your ideal stock for each runes are 2, imo this work best for ideal stock of 4-5 per rune):
    1) Partial of the standard points become premium points for first two of the same rune trade in.
    2) Premium points are given as a bonus on top of the standard points.
    *In both case, the user who trade in during 0 stock will have more premium points reward than the user who trade in during 1 stock.

To put this in comparison [Note: (P) = Premium Points (S) = Standard Points]:
    Current:
    [​IMG]

My suggestion (% are chosen randomly):
    1) 0 stock = 50%, 1 stock = 25%
    [​IMG]

2) 0 stock = 5% bonus, 1 stock = 2% bonus
    [​IMG]

Pros for my suggestions:
    1) User will earn a lot more standard points while they can also stock up premium points.
    2) Standard Points could hold itself up as every user will have them and felt like a waste if they do not use it.3) Encourage more user to trade in as more users could earn premium points which also increase stock.
    4) Remove the option for user to purely stock up on premium points and hunt for the very rare runes.5) Even if a user is trying really hard to stock up on premium points, they will contribute a lot to the stock.
    6) Premium points are now more clearly to be seen as cash based or loyalty reward program instead of flat out better points.
    7) For suggestion 1) PoxPoints will be giving out less premium value for more stock gain and more users could earn premium points
    8) For suggestion 2) User should be more willing to use their premium points for standard point trading as it is practically given for free.
    [Side note: This system will also lessen my bad feeling whenever I am trying to help PoxPoints to stock up runes but in return I feel like I hogged most, if not all, common-uncommon premium points.]
    Further investigation will need whether or not should the cash store and credit store should combined as one page or to be separated.

Cons for my suggestion:
    1) User can now generate less premium points
    2) Current user who have a lot of premium points might be able to abuse it (really depend on how much users have right now)
    3) Current user could complain an overall decrease of premium points gain
    4) The % of premium points should gain will need a lot of discussion/fiddling

Secondly, the presentation of the store could also lead to user have a feeling that they should focus more on premium points instead of standard points in order to make a profit or keep even.

By combining premium and standard points trade out on the same page, free users could not avoid looking at the premium trader (i.e cash trader) and in return, they felt forced to trade with premium points.

In poxbox, cash and credit trades are separated into different pages, for those who are not willing to spend any cash, they will never look at the cash section and never be bothered about whether or not there is actually stock of said rune in poxbox. In poxpoints, you could see both on the same page, which makes people have a feeling that trade in premium is almost a must in order to grab anything that's Exo or above. This system also enforce user to only spend their premium points for premium points trade out otherwise they would feel like they lost their value.

For a solution separate the two trade out will allow users to see the premium points as a cash credit rather than a superior credit.

OMG, I am sorry to make such a long post. I was trying to keep it short with 2 points..... sigh

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Poxpoints

I actually don't think the system itself is the problem, it's more the stock being rather low as we are starting up and me not having the funds to get more stock at the moment.

Quite a few of older players have already told me they wouldn't mind trading their spares into the store, but only if it isn't as tedious to do that as it is at the moment (only 1 of the same rune at the time).

Hence I've made the donation page with as first thing on the list the possibility to Mass Trade IN runes.

To elaborate on the Mass Trade IN:
    - We need to resolve the issue where you can only trade IN/OUT one of the same rune at the time.
    - It would work similar to the Mass Shard application we brought out before and a lot of people seemed to like (you will be able to multi-select runes from your checklist through filters and add those to the store).
    - You will know the exact amount of Standard and Premium Points you will get before you do the trade.

Nonetheless it's an interesting point of view and I'm definitely curious to get more input on it.

Cheers,

Josh753

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Thanks for the great suggestions and in-depth analysis! It's very interesting to consider, and we will certainly keep your ideas in mind as we continue to develop the site. I actually think your idea has merit because right now there's too big a gap between
    1. First to trade in a rune and you get pure premium points (high incentive)
    2. ...or second to trade in a rune and you get pure standard points (low incentive)
    Of course, as users trade in more stock (or as we buy more stock), the incentive for standard points begins to rise as more and more runes become available for standard points (like Josh said, the major roadblock in this equation is the low-availability of high-demand runes for standard points).

However, creating a sliding-scale system that maintains some of the incentive of premium points for MID-stock runes has a lot of merit:
    1. First to trade in a rune: pure premium points (high incentive)
    2. Second or Third to trade in a rune: 85% standard points, 15% premium points
    3. 3. Overstocked trade in: pure standard points
    15% premium might be enough to at least create the perception in customers that it's still "worth" to trade in runes even if it's not the first trade in for all premium.

Good ideas and thanks again for sharing with us.

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

After some thought, as I do not have any data of how the stock of runes in PoxPoints flows, what I said could be really different from what it is. The post I made was assuming there are very little runes trade in and out per day and stock size haven't grow a lot since last time you re-stock.

I think my original point was to attract more traffic for the site for user and in return the user will help increase the stock (exactly like how a rune store should work). After all, the 3 major factors for a rune store to be success are in this order: 1) Stock availability 2) Tax Ratio 3) Other service

With PoxPoints, I could definitely say you guys managed 2nd and 3rd factor very well, however, the stock especially on demanded runes are slightly lacking.

The mass trade in sounds very good idea, does this also mean that even not using the mass trade in program (I am assuming it is), we could also trade in more than 1 of the same rune with the current trader? Or is that Mass Trade IN program exclusive?

I like this Idea a lot, I think this could work as a promoition, but at the same time I am worried if this last long enough it will devalue the standard point too much. Again, I don't know how much work this will be, but maybe this system should implement partially instead of globally for high-demand runes (whether be a a system to flag runes as high demand or manually flag it).

I really appreciate both of your respond and hoping with a few more people to discuss on this matter we could all improve PoxPoints and increase its competitiveness =)