Predictions from revamp

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Anotherblackman, May 20, 2014.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Constructs will be sluggish as ever
    Talgar will still be a boring beater hero
    Trolls will suck( bouncer will be crushed)
    Birds will suck(scarlet will be nerfed out of the sky)
    Dwarves will be decent as a theme for once
    Fist of bastion will be deleted from every bg, including barbarian decks.
    earth golem will still have lumbering base.
    yet, IS will remain OP.

What are your post-revamp predictions for IS?

2. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

I think theylmake mortar crew obsolite and i agree with fist of bastion. Id hope to see talgar viable again but i doubt it.

3. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think champions will have roles and that they wont be as restricted to single race/theme bgs anymore. So, Fist will be different in meaningful ways then it is now, and hopefully distinct from displaced and Savage plainsmen. Same for the others.

p.s. Trolls/Leoss should never of existed.

p.p.s. Where did you get stationed?

Woffleet likes this.
  4. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

it doesnt look like things will be nerfed significantly; or i should say they will be streamlined but not changed from what they do. nothing so far in the IS previews seems that drastic or extreme compared to some of the other factions. if anything things seem more splashable now.

ps: i like leoss even if they probly shouldnt have been an IS theme, but i could care less about trolls.

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I'm eager to see marque/theme/hot button runes after revamp.

1) Ironfist Inquisitor/Isran
    2) Master axeman
    3) Dwarven King
    4) All the Bastions (Fist/Remnant/Avenger/Red/Blue)
    5) Barbarian Guardian/Exemplar/Zedin (hope they get streamlined to help the theme)
    6) Angel of Protection
    7) Doombringer
    8) Talgar
    9) Sarng. Centaur
    10) Griffin Rider

- Should be awesome to see the sweeping changes...good and bad. At the very least the meta will be new and exciting.

6. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

I hope they keep the angels the way they are, i dont see any problem with any of them

7. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

Great
    Best bg evar

8. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

i would like to see more love for trolls

9. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Everyone will delete all their existing BGs and create new ones.
    Things will not go as smooth as they think.
    Dwarves will make a comeback.
    Barbarians will be lost.
    Trolls will be forgotten.
    Constructs will be disassembled.
    Leoss will be missing a key ingredient.
    I will give Ranked a go, finally.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Too many runes to balance. Whatever is on top, I'll throw in a deck and go to town with it.

The new will be interesting.

11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, first few months post revamp will probably be such a cool crying festival, I just can't miss it.

Woffleet likes this.
  12. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

my favorite part about this whole thing re the people trying to get blink taken out of the game. oh the lulz

13. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Since they aren't revamping the power of spells the new meta will consist of cheap efficient champs. Expensive champs simply don't work as well as cheap champs when champs are easily deleted efficiently with overly powerful spells and combos. The difference from the current meta(which revolves around efficient champs) will be that efficient champs now are champs that aren't fairly costed due to power creep. If the revamp evenly costs all abilities across all champs then champs which combine certain abilities efficiently will be more desirable.

I believe that IS tends to not have as many of these overly OP champs and combos as some of the other factions. I expect IS players will see less of a change to their decks than other factions.

14. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

i agree to this statement. i dont think we will see much change for the obvious ones (mortar crew, fist of bastion and meybe magnus) cheap efficient champs come dime a dozen sometimes and leveling it all out would be great.

15. Dresnar20365988

They did a preview of Magnus already. He changed very little.

16. Tarth

That was the very first preview, weeks ago. There is no telling what he may look like now.

17. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I can't tell if you (and many others - not really targetted at you specifically) are incredibly naive or if i'm just incredibly cynical/skeptical.

Time will prove one of us right :p

18. Tarth

I am being hopeful. Will they change every rune completely? No of course not but we have literally no idea if the example they showed weeks ago is the actual magnus or just an example of the design direction/UI they were showing off. That and it didn't get a whole lot of praise in the preview so even if it was it could of been changed due to feedback. At the end of the day, no clue one way or the other so no point jumping to conclusions yet. Their whole concept might of changed during design for all we know.

19. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

More power to you for being able to remain optimistic

20. Dresnar20365988

I'm not sure if you two are understanding what algorithmic standardization for every rune in the game means.

Its like this. You apply a value to every stat/ability in the game. You then apply that formula to every champ in the game. You standardized the number of abilities a champ can have. You then test your results and tweek ability/stat values till you get the desired result. Some champs are found to generate more efficiency than intended due to synergy of stats/abilitys and are tweeked as well.

First champs are being touched. Then the rest of the stuff. Tweeking will go on the entire time. Basically math has taken over pox. Its a glorious day.

21. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

another prediction, excavator and bastion the avenger will still be unrunnable.

No one wants to see those guys resurface

Last edited: May 23, 2014