President-Elect Trump is creating even more jobs than we thought!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

backpage-tulsa1.jpg

In case anyone can't see the image for some reason, it's a screen shot of an ad to hire people to go and protest Trump's inauguration; put up by demandprotest.com and including a need to sign and NDA and attend a workshop in order to become an "operative." Offering $2,500 monthly retainer and $50/hr if you do at least 6 events each year.

I haven't fully looked into who actually runs the program, brief searches, short of going to the website itself, didn't say much on that end but I didn't look very hard.

(Anyway, I just thought it was amusing, in it's own way.)

DarkJello likes this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Bane Shift boy there's good money in this, why not

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Sometimes I like capitalism.

BurnPyro likes this.
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There's been a bunch of these - mostly allegedly made by fake news websites who then write an article about it. Sometimes it gets picked up by a legitimate outlet.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Geressen likes this.
  5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I hadn't heard that one before, whom/what has so alleged?

Dunno. Part of me would be tempted for the promise of free travel expenses, "you get to travel, meet interesting people, and then yell stuff at/with them". However there are some issues with it at least on the surface. One is the condition on being paid for example (6+ protests within a year, and I assume it's specific protests they want you to participate in and all that), that throws up red flags all around to me, along with some other things.

*shrug*

6. Sokolov

Ohmin likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Related to the thread title...

As Trump tries to bring back coal to the US, China looks forward instead...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...nal-energy-administration-paris-a7530571.html
    China scraps construction of 85 planned coal power plants
    Move comes as Chinese government says it will invest 2.5 trillion yuan (£300 billion) into the renewable energy sector

"The investment will reportedly create over 13 million jobs in the sector, with the agency estimating renewable power capacity including wind, hydro, solar and nuclear power will contribute to about half of new electricity generation by 2020."

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Trump has already stated that he thinks Global Warming is a Chinese hoax to screw over American businesses. This will just further that belief of him and his supporters.

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i dunno, that'd be a pretty decently sized step for a prank

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I mean, I would legit be interested to know who would be wasting money funding these things

Ohmin likes this.
  11. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

They look like perfectly moderate rebels to me. All we need now is for Russia to supply them weapons and ammunition and for them to start blowing things up.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Why wait for Russian, I thought the CIA specialized in overthrowing tirans and fascist regimes themselves?

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Though, I do wonder how many jobs they are losing in the coal sector as well with the scrapped plans for powerplants. On a related note, I didn't actually look, I wonder how many new jobs they are expecting to get from their investment in the Tourism sector, since they are investing quite a bit into that as well. Lots of large domestic investments from China these days.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  14. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

On topic of the ads (which are showing up on more websites):

This from: http://www.conservativedailynews.co...s-jobs-to-be-paid-protesters-at-inauguration/

15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Geressen likes this.
  16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

hilarious XD

"And basically why we changed our position from protesting against trump to protesting the people protesting trump thirty minutes ago is this ..."

17. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yo China got sht down recently though.

18. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Explain.

19. Sokolov

Yea. What the heck did @Tweek516 mean? lol

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Maybe he means China is shutting down coal in favour of not choking to death in smog and investing in cleaner energy?

that is the best case meaning, I don't know what he meant.