Preview: Pack Updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 19, 2016.

1. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov can you please help the colorblind people like me and put some rarity info on the cards? I, colorblind, can't distinguish anything between a rare or a exo, a common or a legendary. Maybe in the animation when you open the packs or just in the card description. ( I know common card are first to be pulled but when I reach the rare/exo slot I literally can't tell the difference )

Lushiris likes this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't think we'll be able to get that into the initial launch, but I'll definitely note that as an issue to address.

3. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov So... Will the Rune Packs be getting removed? I'm trying to figure out whether I should get a bunch now in order to stock up.

I note that the packs only give a Platinum token, so I guess I'm curious as to the possible directions you guys will be taking level tokens in general?
    Will we still be able to get them in bulk packs like we do now? It would seem strange to give out Platinum tokens in each pack, single ones at that, without also having Token packs so that you can more easily level up the battlegroup you've chosen to make.

4. Sokolov

I don't understand the question. What makes you think rune packs are being removed? They are just being modified?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  5. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I think he's talking about token packs.

SireofSuns likes this.
  6. SireofSuns

Yes, whoops!

7. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

So the extended/core set boxes are being taken out of Marketplace correct? Or are they just not being upgraded?

8. SireofSuns

That is correct.

9. SireofSuns

Yeah, I meant Token packs. Are token packs being removed?

10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

How is uncommon "uncommon" if the UC card pool is smaller and has the same drop rate as common? Wouldn't that make commons truly "Uncommon" and UC's actually common, despite their respective names?

GoldTiger and SPiEkY like this.
  11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

No.

12. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I didn't read the post, but to play the devils advocate, rune forge prices would not change.

That being said, I personally hope that uncommons are harder to get than commons in packs xD

Edit: Oh wow, I think that should be adjusted. Even if common's RF prices are nerfed or the price of packs increases, I think packs should have 3-4 commons, 2 uc 1 rare (I think you are referring to the 2 uc 2c model)

Either that, or increase the cost of rares, exos and legendaries and rares slightly, but just add more cards, so that RFing the commons wont upset the amount of EXOs Rares and Legendaries in the market. A flat increase of [insert math] should do the trick...sigh

I know the math involves the % factor of the added exos and legendaries, x the number of cards it takes to get these, divided by the pricing ratio of the current 2c 2uc model. I really don't want to do the math.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I think the pokemon system where they have the information in the corner (they use symbols, circle being common, square being uncommon, and rare being a star) works well.

Bighugelarge likes this.
  14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Unless there's gonna be a larger UC pool to draw from (as opposed to roughly the same amount of each, which is the current model), giving out 2C and 2UC will actually make UCs as common as Cs.

@Sokolov Is this intended, or is there gonna be a larger UC pool to correct for this?

15. Sokolov

Token Packs are probably not changing, but note that if they did go away, it'd mean they weren't needed anymore - we wouldn't take them away but still make them required.

SireofSuns likes this.
  16. Sokolov

Currently, there is usually an equal or more amount of UCs in most releases, but it kind of varies.

Path was 16 and 16.
    Visions was 8 C and 16 UC.
    Spirits Beyond was 16 of each.
    PD was 16 C and 15 UC.

You can also get the runes in other ways (which tend to favor Cs), and the rarity still would affect Shard rates. So technically Commons would be slightly easier to get in the overall scheme of things even if they are equal numbers in each pack.

Personally, I don't think the difference between C and UC is a huge deal; in fact, I'd be ok with getting rid of the distinction of UC altogether if it wouldn't be a bunch of work for no real reason. The main difference these days is that C tends to be all champions, while UC would be more Relics/Spells/Equipment.

The primary thing the new pack structure is intended to address is the glut of unusable C and UCs you get relative to other rarities, while also allowing players to open more packs more frequently. To that end, if the packs had 3 C and 2 UC it wouldn't make a huge difference in any context (other than increasing the glut of Cs a tad relative to the other rarities), so I would be fine with doing that if it makes people feel better :)

17. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

Should i Spend my gold now or wait?

18. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Absolutely wait, unless you want more Commons for some reason.

SireofSuns and bambino like this.
  19. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I intend to wait,, not spend 1 gp,1 shard,, not even gonna sac/forge anything.
    load all my runes on to my main,
    and boom.

guys,, to make a psn account,, do I need one of the new devices (ps4 or vita)?
    or can I use a pc or ps3?

20. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

Huh? tokens have always come in regular packs alongside cards. Even on release day a million years ago, that's how I got all my tokens.