Preview: Pack Updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks for the feedback.

Note that the packs are actually increasing the number of higher rarity cards you get relative to gold cost. And you can turn those into shards and generate a more commons of your choice relative to now.

nanogasm and guokamoli54 like this.
  2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

I think its time Limiteds went into packs with like a 1% drop rate or less. Having unobtainable runes in the game going forward is just a bad idea. Or alternatively in the forge for large amounts of gold.

OriginalG1 and xaznsoulx like this.
  3. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Will the Exotics given in the boxes be guaranteed and so treated as extra runes?

So that the full amount of R runes are to be converted to Ex and then the additional guaranteed Exotic runes. 30 chances to convert Rs to Ex plus guaranteed Ex(s)

This guaranteed extra card feature is in Duel Links when you buy their sale packs.

4. Sokolov

For reference, these are the Gold per card type values for current packs and the new packs, NOT counting the Wrath/Protectorate split:

upload_2017-4-22_19-54-37.png

Hierokliff, aseryen and GoldTiger like this.
  5. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Very nice. Just to clarify the gold earned by players is not being changed, we can still expect the same gold rewards just cheaper pack prices?

I'll still be getting 300 gold for completing dailies etc. and skirmisher will reward the same still correct?

6. Sokolov

I have just been informed that this isn't happening with the PS4 client.

No ETA has been specified for these changes.

7. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

That post is unclear

8. Durand

Durand Active Member

Same for the new PC Client? Was it too good to be true?

9. Sokolov

New client is still coming on the 23rd.

10. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

I think he was asking if the PC Client will also be lacking the new pack structure, and whether the new packs are off the table for good.

11. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Thats a bit disconcerting. You typiclly want to put your best foot forward on release day and having packs be triple the cost for less value isnt "best foot"

12. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Sad to hear, i guess ill keep stacking gold. no idea why really because i dont need more gold/runes/shards guess its fun to just keep hording :)

13. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I disagree with this. The pack update and the new client should happen at the same time as it's the wisest marketing decision you can make.

Tweek516 likes this.
  14. Sokolov

I agree but it's not up to me.

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

No it isn't.

Bane Shift happens but no biggy, just make sure everybody knows that the pricing will get an update soon to seem more reasonable.

16. Hierokliff

So thought i bump this thread, there are so many threads in the forum, but this one is relevant :)
    btw hope for info about a date of this release and that its coming soon. until then ill try to gather some more gold

xaznsoulx likes this.
  17. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Looking forward to the megabox deals.

18. Hierokliff

Got the question from a PSN player if those who play for free on PSN will always be an expansion behind? Afaik only way to get those F2P atm is from rank play rewards and then its just a few of them.
    Are there any plans on changing this? for us PC we got poxbox and other trading possibilities

Etherielin and voodoov like this.
  19. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

They could pay for the new runes, but it would be so annoying opening up a box trying to get a few select Commons and not getting them and then not being able to trade/forge for them.

20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Support. Especially since ps4 people can not trade.

Tweek516 and Axeraiser like this.