Priest of K'Izick

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Festen, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Festen

Festen The King of Potatoes

Rune Name

Arachnid Priest

Faction: Sundered Lands

Race: Draksar, Class: priest, Size: Small, Rarity: Exotic

Artwork: (Short Description) A draksar talking to K'Izick

Flavor-Text: I came from the Sundered Land, and we need you to chanel all the arthropod living in the sundered lands, together, Draksar, Dragon and Spiders will crush our ennemies

Nora Cost: 77

Champion Stats

DAM: 1, SPD: 5, RNG: 3-5, DEF: 2, HP: 44

Champion Abilities

Attack: Physical

Poison 2

Chuck Spider

Pull: Arthropod

Violent

Planar Bound ----> to avoid Blink/banish/vertical push

Other Ability with Effect: (Effect #)

Revere K'izick : When this unit is in play, K'izick gain the split faction hero ability. As long as this champion is in play, K'Izick cost 10% nora less to deploy. When K'iZick is in play, this champion gain surge arthropod 1.

Upgrade Abilities

Summon Spiderling

Grant : Propagate Spiderling : target champion gain Propagate spiderling for 4 turns ( AP 3 Cooldown 4)

Creep and Crawl

Boost arthropod : Friendly arthropod within 5 space gain 1 Def, 2 dmg and 6 HP

Questions to Answer:

What role is this Rune intend to fill?

The main goal of this champion is to allow Split faction arthropod deck with the Arthropod Hero. I'm a big fan of the spiders, and believe that SL and UD have both nice spider champ, but you can't play K'izick in Both. With the priest you will be able to do so.

Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?

Heroes can't be played in split deck, this champion allow that

How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?

This rune could give a boost to arthropod deck in competitive play. Allowing full new perspective for K'Izick to march for. The drawback is that if this guy die you loose K'Izick so He could be dangerous to play. This guy alone isn't very dangerous with only 1 damage and 5 speed, but he got some nice abilities to play with in a arthropod deck. And once K'Izick is in play he can become a decent hitter with surge arthropod.

What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?

There aren't runes allowing Heroes to be played in split faction, my inspiration came from the dragon herald with the revere ability. I had the idea for several Hero Herald when the Dragon Herald came out.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. lungz421

lungz421 Member

if this is the only thing allowing kzilik to be in a split, i would say that will be sorely pressed to work. possibly make that ability on some kind of relic? so you can hide it behind your shrine, and not have everything just be focused on taking this guy out, so as soon as he dies, or leaves play, vertical push lol, kzlik isnt just dead for not being split, also i would say it should be a split rune SL/UD. but thats just my 2 cents. something to get kzlik in on an SL split could be great though