Prismatic skywing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xaznsoulx, Aug 14, 2017.

1. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Think he needs a rework. I mentioned this before. You got a champ with regen 3+void shield+2base def+2 more in ff SL. What's with this bane shift idea of giving them all of that? Guarantee that you will lose 1v1 matchup and i'm pretty sure you can't even kill it 2v1. dispel is hardly a fix and you can't vp. regen build 79 nora, leech vitality build 83.

2. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

I think it is fine. It doesnt matter if you cant 1v1 or even 1v2 it. 79 nora is a lot and it doesnt have much of its own damage output.

The fact that you mention it cant be VPed suggests to me that you lost to it - there are many many ways to deal with it, just perhaps not in your rush deck.

3. xaznsoulx

Not at all. 79 nora is cheap for all the abilities that is has. It does matter if you can't kill it. You can't really ignore it no matter how hard you try, it's 1-2 ranged, so you can't play chicken with it in a font. It has leech vitality so it eventually scales up to a monster..which is why I believe you have to kill it asap. However 4 def+void shield/ regen3 or leech is not something you can 1 round. Even if you have 2 champs, it will eventually get 50% resistance...with 4 def...and regen. I only mentioned Vp because it's a fast way to gain a font and reinforce it before the champ falls down, weakened by 20 hp.

4. xaznsoulx

The only viable solution imo is to invest heavily on cc and debuffs, which will not swing your favor norawise later on.

5. xaznsoulx

Mind you regen 3 is basically the average amount of dmg you deal to it with one swing. Before the void shield kicks in.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Have you tried grounding it first?

7. IPhoenixl

IPhoenixl I need me some PIE!

well he usually aint that much of a problem with that low damage unless u are against that guy Frogoo, he buffs any dragon above or around 80 nora as hell .... and if he got support behind him u can make him a killing machine indeed ....

i do agree he has some annoying combination of abilities... and he can be turned really fast into a pain in the ass ..

8. xaznsoulx

proves my point. avalanche+vp is 100+ nora

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

There are champ-based forms of grounding to which you get could access by shifting your lineup, and that seems like an incredibly useful thing to have in your deck generally, especially if you might fight themes like Fae or Voil. Or dragons. What I'm saying is, making really inefficient use of an AoE doesn't necessarily prove any point you're trying to make.

Related question -- if Prismatic Skywing cost the same amount of nora but just didn't fly, how would you feel about it?

10. xaznsoulx

I'd feel much better if it didn't fly so I have a chance to cliff it

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Great! Sounds like including a cheap grounding option in your deck should solve most of your problems.

themacca and davre like this.
  12. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

New SL bonus is strong because that racial revamp and other changes lowered damage across the board and this new bonus punishes sub 10 DMG hits more harshly whereas old bonus would only be -1 on those attacks. This also applies to aerial supremacy because -2 off of an already weak attack is more noticeable than getting a -2 off of a Sheoul Demon's 20+ slap. And when you're constantly hitting for less than 10, Regen becomes a more powerful ability(this is also why I disliked the small nora buff it got a year ago). New bonus is also reducing a lot more damage sources than the old one so this further increases SL unit survivability.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not a ton more, actually, because of some weird coding reasons, but it is a more significant reduction on a lot of them, like Auras.

14. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Game plan with SL is always ignore everything that isn't whorls, manticores, imperators, Bane Shift that actually deals damage etc. Essentially let their tanks smack your squishes and you do the same. Because you're better than the average SL player you should be able to do this better and win the game.

This is just what I do anyways. Even had a game where I ignored aspect of violence so it definitely is possible no matter what is kicking at your front door.

It should be noted that i play a style of BG that allows me to do this if that isn't obvious enough.

15. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Thats the huge point that we should be talking about in my opinion since reducing the stats dramatically happened games are generally longer and the balance of runes in general and SL in particular has been incredibly hard. I mean the damage output of an extinguisher per say is similar if not greater to most UD damaging champs (just an example lads).

As to the skywing I dont mind him that much...for a 10 dmg champ that costs 80 nora I think its fair to have some survivability as a tank

GoldTiger likes this.