Problems in the post office (Mafia game) SCAM (town) wins

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gaverion, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

my neighbor asked me that very same question, as it happens

2. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

come on guys voting is our only defense against the mafia. Without using it we lose by default. If I could vote more than once I would at this point, but I can't so I need your help .

3. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I'll help you out brohemian, and hopefully help out the not mafia via your defense (unless your mafia, than FK YOU)

VOTE: PURPLETOP

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I will

VOTE:ST3CK

Because that behaviour only benefits mafia, and I already warned him.

5. st3ck

Unvote : Purpletop

VOTE GABRIELQ

Little contribution, using strawman to jump on me. Also guys, I think I just baited our first mafia :)

6. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

a little under 27 hours remain.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Vote: Dagdapood

Dagda likes this.
  8. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

OK wow that was something there, now I have questions.

@st3ck Why did you vote on PT after he said something that is obvious truth and indeed benefits us? Came across as really anti-town.

Also to st3ck please elaborate on your thoughts on how gabrielQ is mafia?

I'll help and

Vote: GabrielQ if for no other reason to get some more info.

Also are we playing hammer voting? If so is 5 votes a hammer right now?

9. GabrielQ

Please, take note of who is voting me and why.

Yelmo votes me to get me posting, nothing suspicious here.

St3ck votes me when I vote him after telling him to stop making fluff that is only useful to hide lurking mafia.

Greysands says he isn't really sure, but he puts a third vote on me just because, then, he casually asks about hammer vote.

So please tell me that this isn't suspicious.

st3ck likes this.
  10. PurpleTop

I don't necessarily find what grey did suspicious , but it was a bit out of the ordinary. What I do find suspicious is how st3ck thought it was good to vote for me, whilst this point votes are being used for pressure and reasonable suspicion. RVs is over, id say, and I don't think I've been too suspicious.

not gonna change my vote on it yet, but it was absolutely with pointing out.

11. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

St3cky boy is so sweet and transparent, how did we start voting him in the first place?

Unvote: St3ck
    Vote: PT

EDIT: Just to add some justification so I don't seem like one of those maniacs, it was a post up this page, seemed over-eager to reach a conclusion on voting out somebody when we haven't really established anything.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  12. GabrielQ

^editting posts isn't allowed in mafia games

Dagda and Pipster like this.
  13. PurpleTop

why are you voting for me?

14. Yelmo

Yelmo Devotee of the Blood Owl

I don't think Gabriel is worth a vote now. I did it for pressure, he posted.
    unvote: Gabrielq

I want to hear more from kingjad

Vote: Kingjad

15. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Sorry, my bad! Not familiar with the online rules. Won't happen again.

16. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

To be fair this is day 1 but at least it has gotten a little more interesting and we have a little more to go off of now.

My own hunch for sketchy play on day one falls between st3ck and gabrielq. I feel one is def town and the other is def maf but I can't be certain which is which yet.

st3ck comes across as playing in an unhelpful fluffy way and I found his vote on PT above suspicious as PT seems to be leading the wagon for serious discussion so that was odd.

GabrielQ on the other hand... I threw a third vote on, to see what he had to say. His response above comes across as a little defensive and paranoid but hey nobody wants to get lynched day 1 so yeah that.

So let's vote the other way and see what kind of response we can elicit out of st3ck. At the very least we get more info.

So Unvote: GabrielQ

Vote: St3ck

17. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

St3ck is throwing me in loops.(Confused)
    Pipster had an early bandwagon vote either newness or terrible mafia play.. I'm leaning towards the latter also he has gone from St3ck is suspcious to sweet and has another bandwagon vote.(Suspicious)
    Dagda is playing with wabbits and is afk.(Elmer Fudd???)

Everyone else im still thinking about just posting something for now since @Yelmo was curious.

Although I think the most active ppl would be mafia, because looking in at every mafia game everyone assumes mafia are lurkers when mafia are often those who lead the discussion. So I watch how things unfold and base my opinion off of that.

st3ck likes this.
  18. st3ck

He is one of the few that hasn't had blame on him, just want to see how he reacts to votes at him, some people have tells, and it can be when they react to getting hammer threatened. I take votes as me as an act of mafia, and if it takes dying to expose them, so be it.

Also such conviction, so early, comes off as scummy

UNVOTE GABRIELQ

VOTE GREYSAND22

Also, person of suspicion number two is now purpletop for covering for greysands obvious scumminess, and re-accusing me. Starting to get awfully sour here.

19. st3ck

@PurpleTop Why are you comin of so mafiaso? I just re-read it a few times, and you got really hung up on me voting for you. RVS did not stir up enough of voting and reasoning to my liking, so here we are. What is interesting is who is using what logic for their voting right now, I'm basically going off of the logic I like the least/comes off as most scummy/doesn't like candy garners a vote for the 'ol post office lynchin platform.

I understand @GabrielQ 's point, which is why I understand his vote for me, and in my opinion, fluff this early actually helps shake things up a bit more than just randomly ruffling feathers, showing some more character/who targets what.

So I'm currently sticking by my vote for @Greysands22 unless there is some more compelling evidence for PT. But personally, either seems a decent day 1 lynch. I could be reading grey wrong, and hes just nub, either way. Open to alternatives if someone has a compelling case. I'd be willing to vote for myself, but I'm more useful to the post office alive I think.

20. st3ck

Ok, one more re-read, I convinced myself, PT has taken charge, and mafia in charge is severely advantageous as they always divert from themselves. You would also think with a purple hat, one would have a better taste for candy, and help sort the damn mail more. But no, always throwing accusations, trying to get us to talk about everyone but him and gets sad when I vote for him to help stir things up (like you requested PT).

For that sir, you shall earn a vote.

UNVOTE: @Greysands22

VOTE: @PurpleTop