Problems in the post office (Mafia game) SCAM (town) wins

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gaverion, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Pipster you are new so consider this your first and last warning, do not edit posts.

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

anyhow, aside from the whole rabbit situation, part of my unwillingness to post is the lack of the first-post being filled in. it throws me off/doesn't feel like the game has really started to me.

aside from that, though, votecount is at

PT 2- st3ck (is convinced that pt is mafia godking), pips ("isn't one of those loonies")
    st3ck 2- greys (wanted to get a reaction), gabQ (growing convinced st3ck is mafia)
    kingjad 1- yelmo (wants to hear more)
    me 1- darkl (wanted reaction)
    darkl 1- jad (wanted reaction)
    pips 1- pt (thinks he sees the start of something)

that's 8 people or, put another way, everybody but me

ok, so, first things first, it's just one rabbit.

game related things next, though, i think that the more active players are not the ones we should be focusing in on for a d1 lynch. my current read on st3ck is that he's horribly misguided, as evidenced by
    so the thing about votes against you is that they're *not* an act of mafia. you're acting sporadically, oddly, fluffily, and more, BUT EVEN IF YOU WERE NOT, and EVEN IF YOU WERE PERCEIVED AS OTHERWISE, there's always a townperson who's going to put a vote on you. trying to countervote every goddamn person who votes for you just gets everyone to vote for you. the votes don't mean much, the hammer does.

also?
    but here's the thing about this, i'm still not getting a maf read here. like i said, i think he's just, i dunno, on something. doesn't mean we shouldn't lynch him, but i'd keep him as a second choice

now, so far as what pt's been doing/saying goes, it would probably sound ok coming from like

anyone else. but it's not so it sounds scummy as Bane Shift. i think it's the hat. i'll get back to you on that, too.

i dunno. pips seems like a decent idea, um...

if the list is PT, st3ck, me, greys, darkl, gabq, jad, pips, and yelmo, then in votability right now i'd probably say

pips>st3ck>me/darkl/jad/yelmo (this is the not big contributors tier)>the others. but i'm gonna hold my vote for now. i'm assuming there can be no more than 2 mafia, but i'm not ruling out a 3rd party (or multiple 3rds, or something). also, a st3ck/pt teamup doesn't seem out of the question at this point, but who knows. just spitballing, really

3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

tempted to vote st3ck because I don't follow his voting pattern, but with some of the things he says... I dunno I think he might just be a nervous town. Pipster still hasn't told me why he voted for me, so that's odd. Yelmo seems a bit like mafia right now too. His posts have been very lean, doing little more than using them for pressure to post, while he himself has very little content posted. I think that's worth mentioning

4. PurpleTop

so what you are saying is..... I seem scummy because I'm acting pro-town?

5. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

That's what I got. But you do raise a good point about yelmo, and pip is still on really uneasy ground with 2 edits and a bandwagon early vote or two.

I'm cool with being lynched, if only because I think mafs will push a vote for me because I'm causing lots if discussion.

Anyways, sticking to PT for now. But would be willing to vote for most anyone for a hammer

6. Gaverion

this has been resolved.

st3ck and PurpleTop like this.
  7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

it seems to me that steak is trying to copypaste what i did like, last game. i know that bringing up games past is a tabu, but it's worth noting. he seems to be trying really hard to get on everyone's good side, in any case.

and no pt, you're scummy because you're pt and that's really, at this point, just how it works. if everyone else starts at a baseline of 0 scumminess and can go to 100 or -100, you start at like 50 no matter what. sorry guy, i guess it just sucks to be you

8. PurpleTop

eh if that's how it is I enjoy the challenge. That is at least more"evidence" than some of these other cases have.... But I'm not mafia so it's not accurate.

I wanna know what @Yelmo has to say about what I had to say about him (that sentence hurt to read)

9. st3ck

It may come off as good side, but you also took that approach to benefit town, which is what I'm trying to do. Likability be damned. If we collaboratively decide that my play is more harmful to town than helpful, I'm willing to take the whack or try to be more pro town.

But I guess PT could also just be excited to actually be in a maf game, instead of hosting.

Which makes pip seem more sketchy, I dunno why. But after looking at his post where I'm more suspect, to saying I'm sweet and transparent, and also voted PT, while unvoting me, seems sketchy and scummy

I am gonna say pip is a better day one lynch. Seems more sound.

So, my final vote for day one will be:

Unvote PT

Vote pipster

Dag had some influence in redirecting my thinking, but so did post content. I am probably misreading PTs scumminess, and overlooking some really simple misplays.

10. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Well that's that then

Dagda likes this.
  11. PurpleTop

at this time we should be agreeing on someone to vote off. If nothing else we should be looking sy people who have not been making many pro-town moves; people who are largely unproductive. Extra points if there is already scumtell on this person. Pipster seems like the best fit with these in mind, also looking at yelmo and kingjad. Since my vote is alreadyy on pipster, I will keep it there but I urge you all to land a vote on someone we can agree on so that we make progress.

I will be watching closely for the next few hours.

12. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Suscipicous of darklord, because he was very vocal trying to get ppl into conversation and now has flown completely off the radar.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i dunno, for me it's between pips and pt.

i'll vote for pips though just because i don't know if i can keep up activity for prolonged periods of time, and i know pt will keep the thread moving at the least. if the rest of the town can't work around him (assuming he's ****in with us) then that's kinda on them

vote: pipster

14. Yelmo

Yelmo Devotee of the Blood Owl

Really I am gonna have to vote for pipster at this point too. My votes have only been for pressure. Obviously if he turns town, which there is a good chance he will, I think we need to focus more on PT. Pipster has been PT's first serious vote, and it looks like he was able to get other peoples' votes there too. If he is mafia, he is doing his job perfectly. But we do need to lynch someone

Vote: Pipster

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'll join the crowd.

Vote pipster

16. PurpleTop

That's five.... that makes a hammer

17. Gaverion

The group had decided, the one going by the pseudonym pipster was to turn in his mask. As he slowly removed his mask a solemn look came across his face. His dreams of a new world out side the tyranny of SCAM was over. His potential influence over the future of stamps lost. His final words, "my friends shall avenge me! Our choice of stamp shall yet come to be!"

Pipster was

Postal Crusader (mafia)
    Aladdin- You start with 3 stamps. Each night you may send a letter to the badge creation center discover a players role. This ability costs a stamp.

It is now night 1, send me any powers you wish to use! (or questions!)

18. PurpleTop

Bing!

Yelmo and st3ck like this.
  19. Gaverion

since I had more than one player ask me, it is ok for players to post in the thread at night.

20. st3ck