Problems in the post office (Mafia game) SCAM (town) wins

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gaverion, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

in that case,

VOTE:GREYSANDS22

that better?

2. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Kingjad: 2
    Greysands22: 2
    St3ck: 1

3. PurpleTop

yus

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

1 st3, 2 grey, 2 jad i guess

still right about setting up for a hammer, but i was wrong about, you know, numbers. had it in my head that st3 had voted jad for some reason when, on looking back, i don't believe that happened

5. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Grey 2(dag/yelmo)
    St3ck 1(jad)
    Jad 2( PT, Grey)

I believe is the current tally.

And since it's getting close to that time, and I don't think that Jad has provided a compelling argument in defense, and that grey doesn't seem a huge threat at the moment. But I do have a theory on who the 3rd or 4th mafia might be. Well get there after lynch (unless I get lynched).

but,

VOTE: KINGJAD

so now:
    Grey 2(dag/yelmo)
    St3ck 1(jad)
    Jad 2( PT, Grey, St3ck)

6. st3ck

Now it happened.

7. st3ck

Dangit,
    2: Greysands22 (dada/yelmo)
    1: St3ck : (kingjad)
    3: Kingjad: (purpletop, greysand22, st3ck)

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i just wanna take a second to address part of this-

"3rd or 4th mafia"

this was a 9 player game to start with. if there were 4 mafia members, then d1 if we mislynched or even didn't lynch we'd lose. it'd go from 5/4 to 4/4 and that'd be game by d2 at the latest, unless we got mafia d1 (in which case it goes to 5/3, which is still lylo)

if there were 3 mafia members (which was something i was half considering due to something that's been since pretty much taken out of play) then d1 is 6/3. assuming we mislynch d1, that's likely a 4/3 and lylo d2. these are both really Firking terrible scenarios for town. that doesn't mean they're not happening, it just means they're Firking terrible for town. it's also not considering thirdparty

if there were 2 mafia members, though, then we have 7/2, going to 5/2 (or in this case 6/1), then 3/2 (or 4/1 or 6/0), and so on

there's a lot more of a chance in the 2man mafia version, and it's a lot more likely that that's what we're dealing with. 4man is a Firking stupid notion. 3 is within the realm of possibility, but it's also super unlikely

basically, stick to what's in front of you. don't get carried away, especially when your ideas are wildly irrelevant.

9. st3ck

Dang dag, such harsh. To be clear, my intent from "3rd or 4th mafia" was more akin to "two people, one of whom is suspected of being a potential 3rd member of the mafia"

But you definitely just took the cake for scummiest post this thread. :p

10. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Hmm lets shine light on this supposed contradiction. It's not a contradiction in fact. Im not calling him scummy for not posting alone. Im calling him scummy because he was posting a nice amount day 1 then he dropped off the rader. Thats what Im calling scummy. My defense is pretty good and I don't really understand what you mean by they have a good read on the situation above. I completely explained how they nitpicked by post and disregarded others.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Looks like I'm the last to vote. Of those that have votes, I am most suspicious of KingJad.

12. PurpleTop

@Yelmo where you at? Can you weigh in on this? You've been lurkish

st3ck likes this.
  13. Yelmo

Yelmo Devotee of the Blood Owl

well it looks like I (unintentionally) started a wagon on greysands. Right now we need to be deciding on someone. Who has not voted at this point? Hard for me to check on apple phone

Personally, I think if PT is maf then he is going with the most extensive ploy I have ever seen. His confidence on getting pipster and subsequent actions just seem too genuine to actually be a ploy. Killing off your own that early to gain trust is an extremely risky move, especially with only 2 maf. But PT is PT.

Kingjad voted for st3ck, who I think seems most town overall at this point (pt excluded). That seems scummy to me, and he is also one of the ones who didn't vote for pipster. I don't want to be a follower, but at this point he seems like a better target than greysands. Not only has grey been more productive for town and generally more active throughout the game, he also seems less scummy after today so far. For that reason I am changing my vote.

unvote: greysands22
    vote: KingJad

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

@KingJad do you have anything you would like to say in your defense? I still haven't voted, and if I vote for you that would be hammer.

15. PurpleTop

2 L2 votes from yelmo this game..... That post by him also made me a little uneasy. If jad turns town I will probably be focusing on Yelmo

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

L2 votes?

17. Yelmo

what do you mean by "uneasy"?

And if the kingjad kill goes thru, I think the guy who hammered twice would seem more sketchy. I get what you mean buy L2 being where " maf like to hide", but that isn't the case here and the hammer vote is much more important.

18. Yelmo

when someone needs four to lunch, if two have voted for someone they are in the L2 position... Any vote for him at that point is the l2 vote. It means that if he is in the l2 position, he needs 2 more to lunch.
    if a person needs 4 total votes for a hammer, and one has already voted for him, he would be in L3 etc

19. Yelmo

I don't find L2 votes to be incriminating evidence by any means but PT mentioned that he did earlier

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Actually your vote was hammer, I forgot, we only need 4 to hammer this time, it was 5 on day 1.