Problems with 6/7 SPD melee champions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Oct 11, 2017.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I've been having a lot of trouble lately using attrition against decks that insist on deploying a bunch of 6 SPD melee champions, without heavy spell or relic support. I feel like I just don't have the damage to compete with that, and get tempo'ed out quickly. Anyone have ideas for this kind of thing? Admittedly, I'm running neither Mobi nor even ED right now, and both of those would likely help.

Unrelatedly, but I'm switch-hitting with worms now after seeing someone (ahem, davre) actually play a Backlash rune.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Use broken bones. Most people waste nora on it for some reason & if they don't the splits can do decent damage & take a decently long time to take down.

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Too broad a statement. . Try howling attack, yeti, ED, and quitting if it is UD.

4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I only played one or two games with that deck :p I'm back to SP/FW to deal with ice amp.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I've known that my current build of attrition has a big hole to Backlash, was just a matter of time before it showed up.

I'll see if Broken Bones does the trick. Considering rotating in more of the FW standbys like WZ.

6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Try my skeketon deck if you have time, lemme know what u think - might give you insight to non skeleton decks. It's on the tier list thread. Excavator has blockade, crawling has punishing

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I run into this when facing ud, often they rush and destroy your relics then it's good game. Bazaar and hungry dead is usually what I use to combat ud nonsense, hungry hands puts in work on most factions except ironfist.

Also are you having problem defending from the font rush, or just out deploying ? I've on occasion thrown in some dead zone voodoo, and grim well to stop font rush mostly because people don't expect those, and ud hates stopping their melee beaters.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017