Proposed Changes - PCR feedback

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by badgerale, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Wow. . . that's what I get for pulling up PoxBase instead of the rune manager, lol.

Edited my post.

2. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

It seems u guys crying about the first nerfs in poxnora history for ud. o_O

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

False

4. KingJad

5. Entrepidus

It was one of a number of topics raised by calisk, the new PCR rep for ST.

6. Entrepidus

7. KingJad

eh I perfer we just remove the intial frost damage and keep it at 50 nora like a few ppl proposed.

8. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I'm happily mistaken, but still skeptical I'll have to take the time later to actually go through the thread.

Like I said in the parenthetical mobilization also had a thread, but the things proposed were effectively buffing the rune/changing nothing/very little (Same a quoted proposal).

Badger's semi-recent Echoes proposal did the same too, it actually served to buff the rune. I'm all for changing dynamics and altering hitherto faction defining runes, alright, but almost all of the threads I've seen thus far don't really do that and actually change it for the better/just enough that it changes nothing but they can say it was 'nerfed.'

I play all the factions so I tend to suffer from this a little less, the only people who seem genuinely interested in changing big faction runes are SL players (albeit this is largely due to the fact that they've been nerfed so much that many of them don't even use em much anymore and quicken > quickening) though I worry about them too for other reasons.

But nonetheless this is a movement I can support, I can't yet envision what it means, but it's interesting to behold.

9. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Huh? Which thread? In Yobanchi's thread, the most popular suggestion was to reduce the ap gain to 3 and decrease the nora cost to 45n. Before it was 55n for 4ap, 14n per ap, so the nerf would decrease that to 15n/ap, which turned to happen anyway, as the spell went to 60n for 4ap. However, 3ap was more effective as nerf as it would reduce the amount of champions that could tap a double hit on a double mobilization. Currently, is still possible to go from 0ap to 8ap (hence double hit), albeit more expensive for 10n. The proposed nerf would completely eliminate this possibility, and only allow a double hit if the champion had 2ap stored.

I think this is neither a "very little" change, and certainly not a buff. And trust me, there were not few players who felt disappointed when the last nerf to mobilization went live.

Although, obviously, there are always guys who felt themselves to be special snowflakes who propose the most stupid things just for the sake of being different, but I think those are on every faction, so I wouldn't be surprised to see one or other dumb idea, or a buff in disguise appearing on every "let's nerf our crutches" thread.

Sirius likes this.
  10. KingJad

I took at a look at the maddening echoes nerf and it isn't a nerf.

11. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Can we discuss Sheoul Magus's range? I find melee to be really clumsy on him. 1-2, maybe?
    Please don't hammer on Raider too much. As everyone has stated, it's about all we have for semi-reliable range now.

Finally: Do NOT remove Unstoppable from Warogg. He's had it since forever, and he was never a problem before the revamp. Cost is the only reason he is a problem now, so if you want to balance him, tweak his cost. Taking away Unstoppable will shoebox him. Absolutely.

12. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Mobilizations is strong because it:
    * Is global
    * Gives you attack/double attack opportunities where there would be none.
    * Can also be used to take you out of deadly range/chain to enable possession shenanigans/etc.

That proposal did nothing and can definitely be argued as a buff because it became cheaper, think how often you actually 'needed' all the ap mobi granted, most of it is excessive. It's why Mobi still became 20/nora per ap but is more expensive. I know you may not see it this way, but comparative spells grant 2 ap for 40 nora, and it would cost 5 more than they and grant 3 ap sans race exclusivity or ulterior associated cost.

Short of making it a within a certain range Mobi will just continue to become more expensive, as did DB and Quickening.