Protective Grove (KF Spell)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Protective Grove (Original Version)
    Rune Type: Spell
    Effect: All spaces in target font deployment zone have their terrain modifications removed and become Vegetation for 4 turns. Opposing champions in the font deployment zone are Ensnared for 4 turns. Friendly champions in the font deployment zone are Cleansed and gain Spell Resistance, Purified, Tough 3, and Tunnel: Vegetation 2 for 4 turns. Unoccupied spaces adjacent to target font deployment zone become Hardwood Tree Relics* for 4 turns.
    Nora Cost: 45

*Hardwood Tree Relic
    Effect: This relic has Impervious and Forest Front.

Protective Grove (Alternate Version)
    Effect: All spaces in target font deployment zone have their terrain modifications removed and become Vegetation for 6 turns. Friendly champions in the font deployment zone are Cleansed and gain Domain: Vegetation, Purified, Tough 2, and Tunnel: Vegetation 2 for 3 turns. Unoccupied spaces adjacent to target font deployment zone become Hardwood Tree Relics* for 3 turns.
    Nora Cost: 40

*Hardwood Tree Relic

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. Xirone

This spell is meant to be a KF version of ST's Frigid Barrier spell or UD's Fiery Ambush spell. This is just a tentative idea; the specifics could be fine-tuned later. In general, this is supposed to be a protective spell that is a boon to a single font.

3. Xirone

Perhaps Enlightened could be an ability to pass out with this spell (for a limited time)?

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

4 Turns seems a bit much for the Hardwood relics portion, and it also feels like your giving too much to friendly targets. Maybe ditch the immediate Cleanse and the Spell Resistance? Even with as powerful as Ensnared is, I feels there's a bit of a disparity.

Just my initial impression. I do like the concept.

Leadrz likes this.
  5. Xirone

Good points. I was thinking it did a little too much too. I actually think getting rid of the ensnare portion is the way to go since most opposing units will be trapped in the font already. I'll update the suggest soon.

6. Xirone

Protective Grove
    Effect: All spaces in target font deployment zone have their terrain modifications removed and become Vegetation for 6 turns. Friendly champions in the font deployment zone are Cleansed and gain Domain: Vegetation, Purified, Tough 2, and Tunnel: Vegetation 2 for 3 turns. Unoccupied spaces adjacent to target font deployment zone become Hardwood Tree Relics* for 3 turns.
    Nora Cost: 40-45

*Hardwood Tree Relic