PS4 Release Date Announced, May 23

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darklord48, May 10, 2017.

1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Look @Senshu doesn't make enough public announcements to realize that how little and how much is said/advertised matters. They have a YouTube but never use it, sad, Discord is used for what now?

I'll gladly speak on behalf of the devs in this case since they won't say this XD...

Aseryen's Poxnora Service Announcement 3:
    The PS4 release will still be a beta client! Words matter and how much is said changes the meaning of a sentence! Players should expect the new client to be buggy and undergo many, MANY! patches before it is working smoothly. By no means should anyone expect to play the game flawlessly on March, 23. Thank you and you're welcome for speaking on behalf of @Senshu and the other greens since they don't make any good attempts at informing their community.

Right under the bus they go...behind the back wheels where there's more weight. Now if I can have everyone fill in the spaces towards the back, we want to apply the most pressure to @Sokolov and @Senshu so that they learn a valuable lesson. You let others speak for you, they will. Muahahaha. How about that Project Manager position now? or maybe I can make announcements for you guys...anoyone could do a better job than you guys really...

2. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Is Gedden still around? (or any of the other greens for that matter? I know Sok is) I still vividly remember how enthusiastic Gedden was before the transfer way back, seems like it was all misplaced faith with DoG so far from what I can tell since coming back

aseryen likes this.
  3. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Sok's response to everything - I work in the industry and I have checked the numbers, they just don't compare to what you are saying.

Senshu's response to everything - "oh is it my line? I'll pass it over to Sok since he's in the industry" or "oh crap! did they mean they were going to announce that this year? I should have said something about it"

eSmokefish likes this.
  4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Gedden ****ed up and dissappeared, Sok and Senshu have been doing a good job (sok specially) with the resources they have available. DoG did good to Pox.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Gedden has been primarily coding for Desert Owl's other game, Space Wars.

aseryen likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Welcome back! I remember you had some issues with forging that I helped you with... I didn't think it was literally YEARS ago, but time flies :)

Yep, Gedden is still around. Basically, when I got contracted I took over the design direction for the game, allowing Gedden to get back to what he does best: code. So I have taken back over all design/balance decisions regarding content, while others deal with things like this PS4 client/release, etc (which is why I don't really say much about release dates and such).

I am not sure what you mean by misplaced trust, though I will admit we haven't been able to get player numbers up to where we'd like despite putting a lot of time/money into Pox. We are hoping this latest initiative with a new client and such will help.

Protick and aseryen like this.
  7. Sokolov

And there's an official announcement coming re: the release date, but Senshu has been very busy this week prepping for this launch so it isn't quite ready yet.

Protick and aseryen like this.
  8. Sokolov

You might be right. I personally am not sure how it'll do either. But this project was backed by Sony so it's not exactly resources we would have had without their backing anyway. At the same time, we've invested resources into various aspects of Pox in the last couple of years to limited effect (Rune Forge, etc.).

The major issue with the new PS4 process has been that it's taken about twice as long as intended (for various reasons, including some unfortunate things that were not in our control) and we haven't been able to release new content in the meanwhile. But hopefully we can get back to a regular schedule of release soon, I am dying to get new toys to you all!

Protick, Regulate, Pipster and 5 others like this.
  9. demonswish

demonswish New Member

Yeah I'd like to be supportive of people who have faith and passion in Poxnora. I really dislike people diminishing others because they arent happy and I'm extremely worried these exact people will scare all the new players away despite everyone wanting Pox to grow. Peace and love y'all coming from TX

edit: capitalized Pox

10. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

eSmokefish, aseryen and Slencer like this.
  11. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

For a second i read cosplay, i'm excited for this, i have a ps4 but i don't have a laptop. :)

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

So with the client releasing on may 23rd does this mean the expansion will come not long after this, (maybe even the same week?)

13. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I am speechless ...

Loads of things I'd like to say but it's basically this. All the best lads and I hope this is finally the break we so desperately need

And regardless of how this pans out we stay loyal poxers as we have been all these years

aseryen likes this.
  14. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Huh, that was really weird beta.

aseryen likes this.
  15. TheRavager

TheRavager The King of Potatoes

This

16. Sokolov

Yes. Tentatively.

17. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Must say that I'm abit dissapointed in the fact that all the vets that have supported the game for years, won't be getting the LE heroes unless we have or are willing to get a PS4. I can understand Angels being exclusive because theirs already LEG and LE versions. Maybe this just urks me because I'm abit of a collectionist and this is just something else that will most likely be unobtainable for most people.

Regardless looking forward to this, hopefully we get some fresh meat.

hfok, xaznsoulx, Etherielin and 2 others like this.
  18. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Wait, if i have a ps4 i'm gonna get free stuff? Tell me more.

19. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

From what I read on the PS4 Blog, PS4 Players get 8 LE heroes, and if you have PS Plus (W/e that is) you also get 8 LE Angels.

Regulate likes this.
  20. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Awww shiiiiit.