Public Deck/Faction Walkthrough Rewards

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Xiven, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Xiven

Xiven I need me some PIE!

So, I've been talking to new player recently who can't use any of their Runes. After some confusing conversation, they seem to own all of the Runes awarded from the Faction Walkthroughs. I thought these were Public Decks, but they also appear to be in my inventory, too—and worse, I think they ate some of my collection, as I distinctly remember buying two copies of some of these Runes, such as the Archer Commander, and I always trim Rares and higher in the Rune Forge, these two copies from the Faction Walkthrough rewards seem to have replaced my legitimate copies.

This is a problem for a number of reasons:
    First, you can't use them; any time you try to make a Battlegroup with them, the game gives an error which says, "Your deck does not meet the faction requirements for this lobby." You'd expect this if you were trying to play a Wrather/Protectorate-only Campaign, not a Skirmish game. I have no idea if a Public Deck Rune would cause a unique error, because of course you're not supposed to see them in the Rune Manager.
    Second, there is no indication of which ones they are, and that means more weird duplicate sorting which we all know Pox Nora is not good at.
    Third, they can't be removed; they can't be traded or sacrificed in the Rune Forge.

I could be wrong, but it does look like those eight Public Decks (at least) erroneously integrated into our collections and are now causing some issues. Thumbnail is a screenshot of the client error message. All the deck contains are my first and third copies of Archer Commander and Dwarven Sharpshooter, and twenty-six random, other, valid Runes.
    Public Decks.jpg

Has anyone else noticed this? One would assume it's the same for everyone...

2. Sweety

Sweety New Member

Yeah, I'm pretty new to the game (Steam), and I'm definitely enjoying it. However, I really wish it was a lot easier to understand how the runes are working in your inventory. There doesn't seem to be any indication in which runes are your own or not.

I even went out of my way, to use the runeforge on the website, and even then, no indication. Why must I click each and every single rune, just to attempt sacrificing it, to see if it is mine or not?

That being said, as much as I'd like to spend the money on a box of decks, I'm nervous in doing so. I don't want the ones I purchase to get mixed up with those I do not own, or worse, lose them to some bug and not being able to use them, especially when I'm just wanting to play against AI Bots, lol. No one should have fear in purchasing in-game content, so I'm hoping there's a solution so I can continue playing. Otherwise, apart from the very confusing deck manager and inventory, it's a very fun game! :p

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018