Puppet Master Buff

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Scarebear, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

I quite like the look of his new toolkit. Seems to have a bit of everything without being overly strong in one department. I like the upgrades on him as you can build for crowd control or build for support. Will definately be using this guy over the week.
    What do you guys think of our new toy?

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Best used on pairs I would say, dread and mystic push stacking will do wonders for survability of all your champions, and the support in the form of AP generation from puppet master will be great on ranged and flying (lumbering doesn't matter) units. I would go energy thief/mystic push.

dsjtheman likes this.
  3. Scarebear

I will test puppet master ability on melee when I get around to it. Can move up melee to smash face then use puppetmaster. Lumbering for 1 turn is hardly an impediment at all for this ability. I didn't know dread stacked. That is beast.:D

4. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

yea 2x mystic push is amazing... id actually like to see a split run with battle mystics and get 4x mp out on the field just for lolz

5. GabrielQ

I'm thinking about a tortun/UD split that I'm going to test shortly, puppet master brought some interesting new synergies.

only likes this.
  6. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

mangle has dread too, so 3x dread as well as the 4xmystic push

only likes this.
  7. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

How's this working out in FF UD? I'm thinking about swapping in this bad boy for my deep elf summoners.

8. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Quick question: does mystic push stacks with itself? I mean, puppet master have sentry 3 (!), so the spell presence base is 5+3 = 8 squares. If puppet master have the MP upgrade, does they come into play with 8 (if MP doesn't stack with sentry) or 9 (if it does) spell presence?

9. GabrielQ

Yeah it stacks.

10. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I have been thinking: don't you think puppet master would be a solid addition to imp bgs? Obviously, next to all the imps have fly, hence the lumbering drawback would not be that relevant. Dread helps the survivability of the squishy imps, and that chains upgrade is champ control which is always welcome. Maybe puppet master would not benefit from mischief, but that have not discouraged from including some other non-imps, like the demonologist.

Some random thoughts.

11. Scarebear

Yes I was going to try that in my first run with Puppet Master. Thought he would make a great support for imps. Problem is I have so many new things to try since owls took over :rolleyes: