Putrid Creeper Rework

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

Putrid Creeper
    NOW
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 9
    • SPD: 7
    • RNG: 1-1
    • DEF: 3
    • HP: 54
    • Race: Worm
    • Class: Brute
    • Base cost: 80
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Acid This unit makes an Acid attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Mutation: Tough Spend 3 charges: This champion gains a rank of Tough.
      • [​IMG] Worm Lord This champion has Necrosis. When a real enemy champion is destroyed by a champion with Race: Worm or Necrosis within 5 spaces, your shrine's Deployment Zone expands by 1.
      • [​IMG] Harvest Organs When this champion recovers a nora globe, it gains 3 charges and +4 MAX HP permanently.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • (6) [​IMG] Acidic Aura 3 At the beginning of your opponent's turns, this unit deals 6 Acid damage to each champion within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.
        • (10) [​IMG] Soften Area Effect 3, Range 5: Affected opposing champions have -3 DEF for 3 turns.
        • (3) [​IMG] Scour 1 When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion is Scoured for 3 turns
      • 2 :
        • (3) 1Consume Sacrifice target owned adjacent champion and this champion is healed for the amount equal to the destroyed champion's current HP.
        • (5) 1Ravish Target real champion you own is destroyed. This champion gains 20% of the destroyed champion's current HP and DMG.
        • (2) 1 Creeping Harvest When this champion captures a nora globe, your shrine's Deployment Zone increases by 1. This ability is removed after 3 triggers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW
    Putrid Creeper
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 7
    • SPD: 6
    • RNG: 1-1
    • DEF: 3
    • HP: 50
    • Race: Worm,Elemental
    • Class: Brute
    • Base cost: ~71-76
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Acid This unit makes an Acid attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Scouring Luminescence When this unit is deployed and at the start of its turns, opposing champions within 4 spaces take 4 Acid damage and become Scoured 2.
      • [​IMG] Worm Lord This champion has Necrosis. When a real enemy champion is destroyed by a champion with Race: Worm or Necrosis within 5 spaces, your shrine's Deployment Zone expands by 1.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • [​IMG] Scour 1 When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion is Scoured for 3 turns
        • [​IMG] Acidic Aura 2 At the beginning of your opponent's turns, this unit deals 4 Acid damage to each champion within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.
        • [​IMG] Sabotage: Acid The next enemy champion deployed from the runedock while this champion is in play takes 6 Acid damage and gains Vulnerability: Acid.
      • 2 :
        • [​IMG] Choking Stench Spaces within 2 spaces of this unit are Poison Cloud. This Poison Cloud does not deal damage on deploy.
        • [​IMG] Poison Aura 2 At the beginning of your opponent's turns, this unit deals 4 Poison damage to each champion within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.
        • [​IMG] Sabotage: Poison The next enemy champion deployed from the runedock while this champion is in play takes 6 Poison damage and gains Vulnerability: Poison.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. Redderrick

Currently costs too much to make sense within a theme that benefits from the more you deploy

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Based on my experiences with worms, Putrid Creeper is the best and most important worm, and it is nonsense to suggest changing the champion in any significant way. If you think he costs too much, just suggest removing 1 SPD from the current version -- this rebuild is much, much worse; it means that he can't fill his current role, one that is very important to Worms.

4. Redderrick

Hmm, don't get me wrong I understand that he has a good kit, but his kit currently looks like it belongs to a theme that benefits from death. Consume and Ravish with harvest organs? Imagine trying to convince someone that this being actually was putrid, rotting, or smelled bad in his current state. Also scouring luminescence and chocking stench combined is a pretty hard aggro counter especially when you can deploy him into play directly into the back-line of the enemy. He still has 50Hp and 3 Def so its unlikely he'll die without getting off any value.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't see a need to change this guy honestly. He's been reworked before and I really like him the way it is as he holds an important/distinct role in the Worms hierarchy. Note that Consume/Ravish does work well conceptually with Worms because they have the ability to forward deploy, so losing forward board presence is much less of an issue with them than other themes.

Scouring Luminescence also makes no sense thematically as those are specifically "Crystal/Nora Gem" abilities.

While "Choking Stench" does fit namewise, the champ really doesn't have anything to do with Poison, and FW doesn't really have a Poison theme in which this guy would fit, and the Poison Cloud would make it harder to play around him without champions who benefit or at least don't get pwned by your own Cloud.

Also, if you don't think a Worm that's literally eating organs wouldn't smell bad...