Questions for players.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Monyx, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

1. None
    2. Dailies if any.
    3. 5min?
    4. 1
    5. Open Source

2. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

Well i think this pretty much sums things up. Almost every player that posted here reports not playing pvp at all. as it stands right now there simply isnt enough of a reward to play pvp. i know im stating something thats already been said but it helps to see how much more ppl play pve vs pvp.

3. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

The greens are much more willing to listen to surveys like this than to popular opinion and hearsay

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I liked and unliked you three times and I damn well hope it shows up. Damn that was obtuse.

5. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Here are some followup questions to the ones pixyrus asked......

1. How many pvp games do you play each day? 1-3 training games, a casual game or per week, 1 ranked per week in a good week
    2. How many pve games do you play each day? dailies and enough for the achievements (for main and 1/2 alts)
    3. How much time do you spend playing pox each day? 3-4h
    4. How many battlegroups do you actively use right now? 2 of my own
    5. If you could make one change to the game what would it be? rebalance and simplify abilities (threads started by Sepulcher (http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/ability-consolidation-and-renovation-thread.5277/) and DMrBadguy (http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php...ld-implement-a-couple-of-these-abridged.8752/)

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

]Here are some followup questions to the ones pixyrus asked......

1. How many pvp games do you play each day? 0
    2. How many pve games do you play each day? up to 6-7 hours (most of the time )
    3. How much time do you spend playing pox each day? 6-7 hours
    4. How many battlegroups do you actively use right now? around 6
    5. If you could make one change to the game what would it be? Balance patch/ronin release

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

1. How many pvp games do you play each day?
    -1-2
    2. How many pve games do you play each day?
    -5-6
    3. How much time do you spend playing pox each day?
    -Well, pox stays open for like 14 hours, I chat for like 3 hours and play for like 2.
    4. How many battlegroups do you actively use right now?
    -Three.
    5. If you could make one change to the game what would it be?
    -Fix the bugs.

Monyx likes this.
  8. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Well actually I don't have blind trust in the greens, I have seen some improvements, albeit slowly and although the game does not entice me to actually play it right now, I have hope that they will turn it around, eventually.

Whatever you may think about things that have not gone right so far, I do think DoG listen to us more than any previous greens have. So I hope they will have satisfied the core of players within the next 6 months.

Also, Burn loves me - why would he put me on ignore?

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Hilarious to see that posts get deleted for no reason even when on topic, never change Pox Mods.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

While the posts themselves may have had their own line of being on-topic, the posts that I am seeing removed were going off towards a side conversation.

As always BurnPyro, if you feel that there was an unfair action, you can always ask Senshu or if I see what happened you can always send me a message.

To Monyx - The comment was made that there isn't enough of a reward to play PvP. I really wonder if that is the case. For the majority of the this game's lifespan it has always been about PvP and I would really argue to state that PvP is still the driving force of the game. I doubt that all of these players play hours upon hours of PvE *just* so they can engage in the PvE environment, though I am sure that there are a few that do. I feel that they grind the PvE content to try to gain the rewards so that they can engage into PvP.

I am curious, while the vague and general idea of "bug fixes" and "balance" are always going to be on demands, I would be curious to see more of slightly more pointed or specifics. The 2vsAI concept that SPiEkY has posted which has been brought up is a good example, same with "Craftable Legendaries".

To things such as "make tokens more accessible" - I would be interested in terms of hearing ideas about this. While sure we could think about how things were where you could buy individual tokens with gold, did you have any other ideas as to "how" to make tokens more accessible? Buy them with shards? Win them from Skirmishes? Etc.? How would you go about it.

So on and so forth. Anyways, just my thoughts on the subject.

11. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I have been playing this game for quite some time and have never been interested in PvP. This game had enough to offer me to continue playing PvE. Sure, I have done my share of grinding gold, but not more than a day or two in a row. That gets boring. What I love doing the most is creating new battlegroups and trying out new runes. I have no interest in doing that against another player and losing without even getting a chance to enjoy my new battlegroup. The AI allows me to do that. I have even stalled from winning against the AI just so I can play all my champs. I can't do that against another player. Skirmishes is an amazing new addition to this game for my style of play. And, it seems, there are more and more players like me than I imagined. However, I do support better rewards and improvement to the PvP system, even if I never plan to play. I know it will be good for the success of this game, which is the main goal. However, nothing should be required. Rewards should be even. If the goal of PvE is to grind for rewards, there should be a way to do that with PvP as well. I really do not think there should be a reward cap. It's like saying, "Ok, you've played my game enough today, you can't play anymore." That's bad.

12. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

1. 0
    2. 0
    3. 0 minutes
    4. 0
    5. BALANCE PATCHES!

13. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It does seem like the people who play the game and the people who play the forums are two different things.

Which makes me question whether the forums are a particularly reliable place for feedback.

Monyx and kalasle like this.
  14. Gaedel

The forums are reliable if you know who not to listen to. Then you can just filter their nonsense out.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

By definition playing gives you less time to forum.

Logging on and watching who's online doesn't lie. Statistics don't lie. The only reason the population looks somewhat decent is because of the 100 newbs playing campaigns and 20 out of 40 people in ranked being unranked. People aren't playing right now, undeniably. Why is up to the devs to decide.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

To what end though? Realistically, none.

17. Gaedel

Population actually looks pretty good right now. We knew population would come down a little after Steam, but it is still up. We also knew the new players would play single-player until they are up to speed, then we'll see a boost in Ranked. You talk like having a bunch of unranked in ranked is a bad thing.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Having a bunch of unranked means that the old players still haven't returned.

19. Gaedel

The one-dimensional former PvP players that haven't returned have made their choice. If they refuse to enjoy the new single-player content with skirmishes while waiting for PvP to be fixed and changed is their loss. I chose to play this game, the PvE aspect, even when PvP was the going thing. Logged in earlier and saw 140 in single player and 46 in ranked. I think that's a good showing. Once the balance patches and the PvP revamp is release, we'll see the numbers jump again. The we'll see a jump with the Ronin release. If we can get all of the above done soon and release Ronin around December 14th to hit the Christmas crowd. I would still love to see a bonus -- Buy a Ronin box and you have 100% chance to get a rcolored Harbinger. Buy a pack of Ronin and have a 10% chance for recolored Harbinger! Unless you plan to make new named heroes, such as Aria and Shallaxy, available with Ronin boxes., then you can see a special recolor packs of Harbingers! That would be a good money maker for DOG.