Quite an effective Potato (SPUD) Deck

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Fentum, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-6-19_12-43-45.png

Here is quite an effective Potato Deck. I'd welcome any suggestions for improvement.

Cheap champs for the double deploy turn 1 second player. Also for the efficiency. (Armoured Fesh, Rip Demon , Storm Bunnies)
    Mad super champs for the mid game. (Ireguards, Fanatic, Spirit of the Mountain)
    Many immunities / eaters to win match ups (ranged, magic, fire, physical). (Demon Lich, Peaks Ifrit, Salaam, Ireguards, Spirit)
    Excellent speed options via pounce, swap, paper wings.
    Seism plus a couple of detections and good general utility. (Siege Monger, Bok warden, Demon Lich, Stitched Librarian)
    Versatile equips and relics balanced across aggression (paper wings, slaver's whip, echo chamber) and defence (Tempest Crown, Arroyo Portal, Orb of Protection).
    Spell set to deal with major problems and to give some utility.
    Lots of decent overt combos and little synergies going on.

General flow is...

Deploy cheap champs, or specific counters to opponent.
    Generally rush but not too fast.
    Bring out big hitters.
    Protect big hitters via equips, relics, spells.
    One round enemy to dominate fonts.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  2. M3tagam3

M3tagam3 Well-Known Member

GG man, I didn't realize it was you until after the game. To be honest, as a new player, that was one of the first times I really felt powerless during a game, like I had no way out. Very strong rush, and you kept up the momentum hard. Why don't you play ranked? I'll have to try something similar to your BG out sometime, and learn how to deal with rush-like strats like that.

Fentum likes this.
  3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Thank you very much. GG to you. You played well and I thought you were an experienced player from your tactics and BG set up.

I have tweaked the above to swap Shatter for Drain Vitality. I find DV is an optional play but sometimes you NEED that Shatter right now. I am debating swapping out the Stitched Librarian as I may not need his utility so much. But he is cute.

There ARE weaknesses in this BG but I will let you figure them out for yourself...

I played rank way back in the day (2007) but just like to mess around now. This client is so buggy and my connection is poor . I would hate to lose due to technical stuff.

Keep playing and stick with your BG. Tweaking one or two runs at a time until you are happy. Look forward to playing you again.