Quitting, Free runes

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by Oregreen, Jan 9, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Ya just realized my message was screwed meant to say before as in the relic would need to be deployed first heh

As for why I made the hypothesis I suspected their is some function that cycles through and checks Hp to kill units it most likely won't trigger again if it's still running even if the Vampyre causes Hp lose and since everything in pox operates on a stack system based on when they were deployed if the relic was deployed first it would of already passed the relic when the vamp causes it to change Hp.

I also suspected what you confirmed that when something triggered another cycle by attacking or doing anything it would die, but I couldn't be sure what would trigger it, it was also possible if it was coded to only check effected targets that the attack or targetibg would need to be on a relevant vamp or the relic.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Basically, the prevent death stuff pauses the game so that on death effects won't trigger. Normally it doesn't matter but in this case the relic is dying at the same as the prevention of death, so the negative HP relic stays alive since the reduction in HP is actually part of the same "batch" of events.

But, as soon as ANYTHING happens, the death check occurs and the game goes "oh, this relic should be dead" and kills it before anything else happens.

3. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

If you are still planning on giving cards away I just started this week. I play mainly fw and ud, I could also use some voils if you have any

4. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Do you have any KF elves?

5. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I'm pretty sure he doesn't log on anymore, either way, he gave away everything except some UD, which I believe he ended up selling to a third party site.

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I laughed quite a bit to hear that over this bug XD

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, it was a troll account, so...

8. DiCEM0nEY

he gave me personally 2 legendaries, 1 pox revo of every faction. I had gotten some runes from IMAGIRL as well.

9. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

Like to know what "legit" game he went to where their is no cheating that made me lmfao.That is on par with the Sony Ceo saying the ps3 couldn't be hacked and few months or so later it gets hacked lol

10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

There is no hacking in pox. If you read the thread he for mad about this bug basically he for proven wrong by everyone. Probably couldn't take the shame and quit.

11. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Sok and I have also proven the "cheat" in question to be autofixed by the game system upon any sort of action taken afterwards by any player, so it was all a ruse anyway.

SPiEkY and Tweek516 like this.
  12. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Also worth mentioning, he didn't actually quit the game. Just stopped posting in forums.

13. DiCEM0nEY

From my understanding, almost anything can be hacked, however, if you could hack Pox, you might as well hack some personal information instead, since it would require the same amount of effort.

davre likes this.
  14. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hacking pox would be exceptionally easy simply due to the lack of any real safety measures. Hacking most other things would be more of a hassle due to authentication and other safety measures most websites have built in. Do i believe hacking was the case here? Not really but its not totally unbelievable. For a game where you can collect items that have some sort of value pox has insanely low security.

If the game had a bigger player base im sure accounts would get hacked to sell cards on ebay for a few bucks all the time

15. DiCEM0nEY

authentication of accounts ? or servers?

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

There's a difference between hacking to gain access to an account and hacking to modify how a program works. The later is much more difficult than the former.

17. DiCEM0nEY

The thing is, the case would have had to have been the latter, since it was modifying how the game worked (negative HP values, which were of course a bug).

I was actually using the example that if you had the know how to hack pox so that you could easily win games, you might as well steal credit card numbers from whatever, since it would require about the same amount of effort, to my understanding.

18. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

It was a bug that had absolutely no impact on the game though, he just tried to make a big deal out of it.

Etherielin, SPiEkY and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

not even the programmers know how to work the systems half the time, how could a hacker?

20. Garuda51

Garuda51 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017