Ranged units

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by damnfoolishyeti, Aug 22, 2016.

1. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

So...I've been playing a lot past couple of days and outside of lonx stack on marauder I'm having a hard time finding ranged units that Bane Shift on everything/everyone. Think cyclonic fesh or sandsnipe. The font secure unit is solid but at x1 I'm finding it difficult to maintain on board.

Help?o_O

2. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

I've been back for a few months now, and I don't feel like we have particularly "*** on everything/everyone" units to be honest. Most of our units are just healthy and do decent damage. I have an extremely hard time finding melee units that can deal with being front line, when compared to almost every other faction who can either A) pump out similar stat'd meat bags for far cheaper or B) have really synergetic awesome keep a champ alive skills. I haven't focused on monk or lonx a lot though, so maybe those themes have them.

As for ranged, look up K'ento. You gotta know how to play her, but she can be a real power-house. What kind of range are you looking for? Its shorter, but wailing yeti can carry a game at times. If you're doing frost amp, look into frostseer, elder and ice caster. Yeti Painter is also always a good ranged unit. Can do a lot with different builds that yeti.

It seems to me, that we're expected to use equipment and spells to really get our units up and running compared to a lot of the other factions. Pilgrimage + Furry Hat, Fast Friends, Snowdrift Charm, L'usara's Staff, Artic Gift, ecta.

Which with such heavy nora investments into single units leaves me wondering, why was shield ruined?

Edit: We actually have a lot of anti-melee, melee front liners that are very good. I'm having issue with anti-ranged front liners, against what appears to be a currently super heavy ranged game. Whitestar does alright, but still usually gets one rounded without fail.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  3. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Ice golem with mirrorshield is almost impossible to kill without equip removal. Elemental core is pretty good, with hunter and amp his catalyst deals 7-8 damage. Jakky extinguisher is tough. ST has great front liners

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Was about to quote you to say it isn't a treat at all, and realize it is very cost efficient with 10 damage. It used to be like 6 and noone used him...

5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

these are the runes I use for my favorite range combo in ST. upload_2016-8-25_2-6-20.png

6. damnfoolishyeti

I'm clearly in a get gud state because i really don't see the appeal in the yeti, is augment really it? I know it's basic but how am i so posed to use him?

7. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

augment is a big important thing. you can also give him the ability to range tank, or shut down special abilities in the other upgrade path. He does decent damage in his own right.

You can stack things like artic gift, augment, fast friends and the like to quickly multiply damage.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

more damage is better then less damage if you want something dead. +2 damage from augment, +1 from banner, +1 from market. You now have the FF ud melee bonus on a ranged champ of your choosing. If they use ice as an attack you can even amp it. It is just an ideal set up. The main point is more damage is better then less damage though.

9. ttanc479

ttanc479 New Member

Ranged BGs win!

10. damnfoolishyeti

The point was we have excellent tanks support and utility runes. But you have to work for the range like the amazing yeti painter with market or a bg dedicated to late scale elder amp. Other than warlock you can't just go oh this is ranged let me put it in.

11. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I'm no ST expert, but I do run ST UD and find the Yeti Painter to be an excellent rune. Star shine plus augment creation are lovely.

I also rather enjoy the Leoss Magnate with his blessing, heal and regen.

Oh yes, with Ancient Implications.

All very nice with arrow eaters, but I imagine very good with white star too in FF.