Re-costing Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, Jul 8, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

It's just not a necessary ability. Just give these champs multiattack or pummel/barrage and call it a day.

2. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

I haven't used Rapid, so i dont understand it. From what i gather it attacks 3 times at reduced dmg? Are these attacks, basic attacks? And someone mentioned it was a nora cost to activate?

3. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- The problem is rapid attack is "sort of" useful against block/dodge champs and "kind of" against Nolan do champs....while largely useless in any other situation ...while block dodge and Nokan do are useful in far more situations.

- Rapid attack does not need ranks tbh, in fact it feels so lame when rapid attack 1-3 is a whole upgrade slot option. Just make it one rank and balance accordingly.

allyorbase and ofsleep like this.
  4. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Redcap Twins - take immortality away all together, raise nora cost to 72 nora level 1.

Thank you for fixing OP things (slight sarcasm).

5. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Immortality + Sibling should not exist, and Sibling needs a price hike...but not that big.

6. BroWatchThis

How is 72 nora overall unreasonable? Anything less and it will still be OP beyond belief. Look at Maulers.. those are 75 nora and are still incredibly undercosted.

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

REALLY?? CYCLOPS???

You put Oaken defender and I haven't seen it used yet after revamp. Oh yea, it's the only KF rune you put there. Are you saying cyclops are more OP than ALL KF??

*Leaves the room, goes to street, laughs histerically, faints, gets robbed*

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    RedScarlet likes this.
  8. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I also dont like Jyx's current state, he feels like one of those melee grunts I just deployed the turn before.

9. BroWatchThis

Who cares about Jyx when there are bigger fish to fry?

10. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Immortality + Sibling makes sense, but then Sibling should be much weaker, because it's not that hard to deploy a sibling if it's always off cooldown.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

If you balance sib around immortality then what about the champs that don't have immobility but have sib? That's why it's problematic.

allyorbase and Tarathil like this.
  12. ToxicSwamp

ToxicSwamp The King of Potatoes

Good to see that there are few champions that are above 100. Would these prices include the highest upgrades you can have? Or just their base nora cost?

13. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

QFT, the interaction is problematic, and it is easier to attack that interaction than all champs with Sibling. The reason the SL guys are op is because they are decent champs without sib active, and with it they are just insane. That can also be dealt with on a single rune basis.

14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I dislike Sibling + Immortality as much as I dislike Berserker + Unstoppable, and interactions as such.

SaintKiwi, BroWatchThis and WraithxxV like this.
  15. BroWatchThis

How does It make sense? An honest question I assure you. Unless Redcap Twins (twins meaning two) is code for infinite amounts of sisters born at the same time, then it doesn't make sense at all.

16. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Balance aside (I do think Sibling + Immortal is silly), if my recollection of the lore is correct demons in Pox never die, they get reborn and brought back by Votaev the ferryman.

Related flavor text:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/spell/323
    http://poxbase.com/#!/relic/66

Since deep elves are demons, them having Immortal is not against the lore by any means. But yah, nerf is to be expected.

Sirius likes this.
  17. BroWatchThis

That does make sense, but then every demon should have immortality and then that would be no fun entirely.
    I do understand what you're saying though.

18. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

This is why Votaev should be printed as a UD Hero. Make another cycle of FF heroes, it's been too long.

Nea likes this.
  19. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

I need to say it. Your recosting patch failed... HARD

I just want to name a few ridiculously broken sthings. If you don't get this dear Owl you should just drop the pencil and proceed to another project.
    I wont explain why it is broken. Everyone with a little, little bit of knowledge knows it.

• Rocketeer
    • Draksar master
    • Kanen sliped
    • Bouncers
    • Almost all Heros
    • Enforcers
    • Angel of Protection
    • Arctic Tigers with a Tamer out
    • Augur
    • Mosharn OMG!
    • TITANS -> I start getting really angry now. These guys are more than stupid. Fix that, especially the AA
    • Master Axeman... facepalm... 65 nora...
    • List proceeds. I am just to lazy to name them all. I don't even found them all.

In general:
    • Boost stuff
    • Almost everything sub 70 nora
    • Redcap Twins --> HELLO, anybody at home up there?
    • Summon stuff is behind broken and you need to fix that yesterday if you want to keep the rest of your playerbase
    • Cyclops: Revert that tribal hut BS now. That was a bad idea
    • Nohkando is just bad. Boring and a early game fun killer. Do it again.
    • High range with high damage. That wasn't a good idea in the first place
    • OMG.. what have you done to Ferrens? They are not even dead now. Chuck Norris roundhoused them out of existence...
    • Voil anyone? Flying stuff supported by a warcryer with more than 1 range? MEEEEP. Bad idea
    • Trees... The fix should not take that long. Are you overwhelmed by fixing that stupid sappling?
    • Spiders: With the reduction of base stats mulit simply is a much to powerful racial
    • Ice amp. Wrong fix. Yeti spirit was the only offender but you managed to kill the whole theme with random changes to icecaster and others. At least tweak other ice champs like extinguisher in exchange
    • Zombis need a special mention. To much free meat. In general let people pay nora for swarm abilities.
    • Yeti racial = fail. Boring
    • FW spirits are ... bad. Has always been a solid theme but not anymore.
    • Tortunes: Where is the masterplan? The changes look random
    • Some nora costs still seem totally random. Where is the high nora cost of the Hydra coming from? That guy don't even has 7 speed...
    • What have you done to Lonx? The theme was bound together by the Chief but the Chief not very Chief anymore
    • Ping is much to powerful now
    • Poison Cloud is doing to much damage in comparison with the adjusted hp of the post revamp champs
    I give you a tip for balancing the game. Almost everything played in Top 30 Limited League is broken.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  20. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Those all (although "everything sub 70 nora" is a little vague) sound like problems related to abilities. This recosting patch only affected the part of the costing algorithm as it relates to stats. None of the ability costs were touched.