Reaction Thread.

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Legato, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

No playtests yet so take all these with a grain of salt.

-- UD has even less range options e.g Bok Mistress no longer 2-4 , Demonologist no longer 3-5. Both now 1-2
    + Bok Enfrocer got Throw Axe! Torn between upgrade choices.
    + RedCap Twins look like they're a bit more run worthy.
    - Imp Strangler lost intimidating....basically the only thing that made him worthwhile.
    - Lots of Imps no longer Maxx options.
    + & - Some upgrade path create good Dichotomy e.g. Pick Leech Vit or SoulHarvester for Vixen, but some are just really awful like Korona losing her trademark ability or Pariah as an upgrade choice with the same nora cost.
    --- No Hallucinogenic on Imp Deceiver...So many of my favorite tricks no longer possible. (UD lost the ability altogether).
    ++ 5 speed champs made 6 speed Bok Guardian YAY.
    -- No more Font Defender on Reaver, another ability lost.
    - No life transfer on Lemure.
    ---------- NoRelocate Foe on Spellkaiser, UD lost it...This one hurts so much.
    - UD losing range and range protection, Deep Elf Mercenary no longer supporting Dodge 1
    + & - For the most part champs paying more what they should cost for their kit, like Minotaur Battlemage but some of these are horrible like Goblin Archer...
    ---- SERIOUSLY this lack of range protection UD no longer has any source of Shroud.
    +++ Some older units made significantly more interesting - Nefari Reaper - Scythe Whirl!!!
    Neutral - At the same time, some upgrade paths are missing options...I'm hoping they're pending.

Priestess no shatter....
    LKA now Deep Elf Manslayer, still no shatter.
    Needleclaw has huge sandbag snatch ability, which can be swaped for shatter.

brb, messing stuff up with Sheoul Disciple.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Bok Enforcer and Sheoul Disciple seem to be the only clear winners.

Intimidating no longer exists in the game. But Elusive still does.

Still trying to find a good reason to play UD over SP or KF.

3. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

UD got slammed hard, i was in the process of rebuilding my bg and then i realized the revamp happened....im so glad i didnt commit to a korona, idk if id ever run her ever again...preistess losng shatter really hurts, running the spell seems almost mandatory now. however i dont notice much change to bloodguard whom i thought would get a smashing nerf like mortar crew isnt bad and i think still retains its value...sigh i know they promised a revamp...but it just looks like they kept the sorry champs the same and made the good ones trash and kept the medium champs...medium

4. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Aspect of Oblivion 93 Nora, never ran prevamp.

Demonologist 97 Nora, 6 SPD and 1-2 RNG, 9 DMG and 42 HP. What?

Meanwhile Mogas and the rest of SP laughing at everyone else. Not playing UD till its playable again.

5. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Caverunner is more like her old self again :D

6. caine1138

caine1138 Well-Known Member

After my 1st read thru, I believe the deep elves got buffed... overall.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. caine1138

A lot stayed the same, and single champ synergies seem to have gone away. For the most part.

RIP Infiltrator
    RIP Sheoul Magus
    RIP Demonologist

And 49 nora Ember Wasp, lol... ok.

8. caine1138

New life in Ritualist, Greifbearer, and the aforementioned Reaper.

9. caine1138

High grades on all except for every champ in my fav bg... even wasp.

Makes me wonder if everyone has a similar sentiment.

10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Infiltrator looks good to me. 17 damage + mark on a support champ is not bad at all. Also digging warrogg without vuln: psychic, but he's not really exceptional.

11. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

+ Warogg kind of got runable, as it got Resist Physical 3, Berserker 3, and Unstoppable as base.
    - Sheoul Demon got nerfed real bad, now 6 SPD.
    + Somehow, Deep Elf Fanatic seems runable. Might be due to better option avialable getting nerfed.
    + Imp got a huge rehaul getting Deflect Fire, and Curse (which in turn can be used for a double attack with debuff for 6 AP.
    - Hook Fiend pretty much became a walking Pull. No longer sexy +AP, +DMG buff.
    - Deep Elf Masochist is no longer usable; lost her abbility sets with some synergy.
    +/- Can somebody look up Succubus? It seems like she's more cost-effective than before.
    - Demonvein Vampire lost multiattack, got Deseased intead. Unplayable IMO.
    + All Goblin are demons now, so Surge: Demon got buff.
    + Deep Elf Dancer got Arcane Dance (AP 3; Champions within range gets 50% less spell damage), Blind, and Deflect: Fire.
    - Bloodletter lost Resistance: Physical 3. Still 1 DMG stronger than Warogg.
    - I don't know if you noticed, but a bunch of Spiders lost base Creep and Crawl; some got it as an upgrade, while others completely lost it.

In a second thought, some champions look better now simply because other champions strong pre-revamp now look useless.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

In regards to anti-range, I should point out that Range in general got hit pretty hard, and defensive abilities in general are also rarer outside of dedicated tanks. This should, theoretically, favor melee.

13. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

Yeah...I think a lot of it is fair,demonvein losing multiattack makes sense that was what made him ridiculous but korona is utter trash now.I don't really mind grimy costing a lot.he always used to be over 100 because his damage is ridiculous.
    Deep elf summoner is awesome now with more damage and pawn.
    I think gloombringer may be my range of choice.unless I missed something he didn't get hit very hard.
    Goblins being demons is huge.

My main concern is that weirdly our options for beaters seem limited.demonvein cannot fish out huge damage on deploy.shouel demon is laughable.even soulthrister does seem so awesome now they all need to level up before they dish the damage.ud should be all about huge damage on deploy but I don't see an obvious option.

14. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

Wait just seen gloombringers range...sigh

15. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

ouhch... 1-3 range.. ? /puke

16. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Can bloodless-less gahlroonling be sacrificied to get gahlroon?

17. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes

Grundelwolf looks cool

18. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

WARNING: Rant about to begin...3...2...1...

Dude, where have you been? UD's "trademark" massive melee damage has had quotation marks since the first Revamp when everybody and their moms too got champions with base or upgraded damage bigger than UD's basic and upgraded damage.

19. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I wish I could say the same for the Alpha...

20. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

yeah... oh god.. no Deep wounds.. no steathl when damaged... 6spd... mother of god.. :(