Red Amends

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

To change him from an generic ranged unit that never gets put out because he isn't setting anything up to a unit to get out when you are set up

2. Redderrick

[​IMG]
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Magical This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Amphibious This champion ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by Water.
      • [​IMG] Immunity: Psychic Psychic damage that would be dealt to this unit is prevented.
      • [​IMG] Paralytic Feedback When this champion is successfully attacked by a basic attack from RNG 4 or greater, the attacking champion becomes Paralyzed for 3 turns.

3. Redderrick

[​IMG]
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Magical This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Amphibious This champion ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by Water.
      • [​IMG] Premonition When this unit is deployed, champions you own have Impenetrable for 4 turns.
    • Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • [​IMG] Nora Shield 1 Target friendly champion within 3 spaces becomes Nora Shielded for 2 turns.
        • [​IMG] Nora Shield 2 Target friendly champion within 3 spaces becomes Nora Shielded for 4 turns.
        • [​IMG] Revere: Hydraxor While this champion is in play, Hydraxor costs 10% less nora to deploy. While Hydraxor is in play, any damage this champion deals counts toward Hydraxor's Quest: Damage. This champion gains Regeneration 1.
      • 2 :
        • [​IMG] Cleanse Target champion within 5 spaces is Cleansed and then is healed for 5 HP. May target self.

4. Redderrick

[​IMG]
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Frost This unit makes a Frost attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Arctic This unit cannot be Icewalker and gains +1 DMG while occupying Snow or Ice.
      • [​IMG] Phase Shift This unit becomes Incorporeal for 2 turns.
    • Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • [​IMG] Adaptive When you successfully cast a spell that shares a faction with this unit, it gains +1 DMG. If the spell costs 35 nora or more, it also gains +4 MAX HP.
        • [​IMG] Ice Veil When this champion comes into play all terrain within 10 spaces turns into ice terrain for 3 turns.
      • 2 :

5. Redderrick

[​IMG]
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Frost This unit makes a Frost attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Nature's Connections When a friendly champion within 5 spaces makes a successful basic attack, this unit heals for 2 HP. If the attacking champion is a Plant, Ranger or Shaman, it also heals for 2 HP.
      • [​IMG] Arctic This unit cannot be Icewalker and gains +1 DMG while occupying Snow or Ice.
    • Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • [​IMG] Mystic Push Spell presence of friendly champions is increased by one and champions your enemy controls have their spell presence decreased by one.
      • 2 :
        • [​IMG] Favor When you successfully cast a spell that shares a faction with this unit, you gain 5 nora. This does not stack.

6. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Why do you think that elven ancestor needed to be changed? You have basically turned it into a completely different rune. May as well just release a new one, right? The only similarity between them now is the fact that it's a FK/ST unit with attack frost...

Etherielin likes this.
  7. Redderrick

Because she is only ran in a super-buff bg... so yeah her role needed to be changed, she is too costly to justify running in any theme because she has no pay off

8. Redderrick

[​IMG]
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Physical This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Pummel 1 This champion makes its basic melee attack against target opposing champion. If successful, this unit makes an additional basic attack for free against the same target.
      • [​IMG] Consume Sacrifice target owned adjacent champion and this champion is healed for the amount equal to the destroyed champion's current HP.
    • Upgrades:
      • 2 :
        • [​IMG] Lay Trap: Boulder 1 Lay a Boulder Trap on target adjacent space. For 8 turns, the next time an enemy champion enters that space, it takes 4 Physical Damage.
        • [​IMG] Lay Trap: Boulder 2 Lay a Boulder Trap on target adjacent space. For 8 turns, the next time an enemy champion enters that space, it takes 7 Physical Damage.
        • [​IMG] Lay Trap: Boulder 3 Lay a Boulder Trap on target adjacent space. For 8 turns, the next time an enemy champion enters that space, it takes 10 Physical Damage.

9. Elves Rule

But you said it yourself, you can run her in a super-buff bg.
    So she has a role.
    Why does it need to be changed to something else?

Etherielin likes this.
  10. Redderrick

Since when is a super-buff bg a proper theme in a strategy game...

11. Redderrick

and being a mass spell shield isnt a role...

12. Redderrick

[​IMG]
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Physical This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Mercenary At the beginning of your turns you lose 2 nora.
      • [​IMG] Bounty Hunter This unit gains the Hunter ability that matches the faction of the first champion it successfully attacks with a basic attack, after the attack.
    • Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • [​IMG] Crushing Blow When this champion makes a successful basic attack, that champion becomes Shrunken for 3 turns.
      • 2 :
        • [​IMG] Damage Shield: Physical 1 When this unit is attacked, if the attack is a close-combat attack, the attacking unit takes 2 Physical damage. This damage ignores DEF.
        • [​IMG] Damage Shield: Physical 2 When this unit is attacked, if the attack is a close-combat attack, the attacking unit takes 4 Physical damage. This damage ignores DEF.
        • [​IMG] Damage Shield: Physical 3 When this unit is attacked, if the attack is a close-combat attack, the attacking unit takes 6 Physical damage. This damage ignores DEF.

13. Elves Rule

How would you define a proper theme?
    Something that people run? I run it.
    Something that wins? I have consistently won with it.
    Something that the game seems to be designed with it's existence in mind? Well, the rune exists and so do the various spells and equipments used to make the bg work.

If you don't like the theme or the rune, that's up to you. But other people do. This rune works very well in this theme, so there is no reason to completely get rid of the rune and replace it with something else.
    If you want that something else to exist, then make a new rune with that concept, but don't bulldoze over other useful runes to get it.

I think this is something you should consider for all of these "amends" that you are making.

14. Redderrick

Dude, stop trying to make this a wide scale issue... the rune is trash... you don't use it, you don't even consider it in any bg you make nor does it promote strategy the way its always been used.

15. Elves Rule

The rune is not trash, I use it all the time:
    Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 22.55.31.png Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 22.55.46.png Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 22.55.59.png

So you are clearly undervaluing it.
    The reason I am "trying to make this a wide scale issue" is because if you are wrong about this then it is perfectly reasonable that you are wrong about the other runes.
    And that is an issue because you are not just changing or making amends to these runes, you are completely changing their stats, abilities and upgrade lines. Not minor changes.
    As I said, if you want the new runes to exist, post them as new runes, do not bulldoze over other possibly good runes to get them.

Etherielin likes this.
  16. Redderrick

Dude the fact that you should even be able to make those bgs literally summarizes how bad this game is and how much of a joke it is compared to similar games of the supposed genre. This is not how you are supposed to play a strategy game once again. Your logic behind why it shouldnt be change is not arguable because it should never exist in the first place.

17. Elves Rule

Ok let me try this.

No, you're stupid, everything you said is wrong, because you're dumb and I'm right so anything you said doesn't matter because nobody listens to dumb people around here.

Redderrick and Etherielin like this.
  18. Redderrick

[​IMG]
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Psychic This unit makes a Psychic attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Souldrinker When this unit destroys a champion, it heals HP equal to half the destroyed champions's nora cost.
      • [​IMG] Vaporize When this champion is successfully attacked it becomes Incorporeal for the remainder of the turn.
    • Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • [​IMG] Resistance: Magical 1 When this unit takes Magical damage, that damage is reduced by 20% (after DEF, rounded up).
        • [​IMG] Resistance: Magical 2 When this unit takes Magical damage, that damage is reduced by 35% (after DEF, rounded up).
        • [​IMG] Resistance: Magical 3 When this unit takes Magical damage, that damage is reduced by 50% (after DEF, rounded up).
      • 2 :
        • [​IMG] Vengeful This unit gains +1 DMG every time a real friendly champion which shares a race with this champion is destroyed.
        • [​IMG] Backlash Whenever a unit generates nora through an ability, it loses HP equal to the amount gained. If the nora was generated via a spell, the owner's shrine loses HP equal to half the amount gained.
        • [​IMG] Siphoning Aura At the beginning of your opponent's turn, all champions within 2 spaces lose 2 HP, and this champion is healed by an equal amount.

19. Redderrick

[​IMG]
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Psychic This unit makes a Psychic attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Dark Awakening This champion has +1 DMG, +1 DEF and +1 SPD for every 2 opposing champions occupying Dead Magic Zone.
      • [​IMG] Elsari Coven Whenever an opposing champion is deployed into or enters a friendly Dead Magic Zone, it becomes Cursed for 2 turns plus 1 additional turn for each friendly Witch.
    • Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • [​IMG] Curse 1 This unit makes a 5 dmg attack at range 1-5. If successful, the target becomes Cursed for 2 turns. If the target was already Cursed, then this attack deals an additional 5 damage.
        • [​IMG] Curse 2 This unit makes an 8 dmg attack at range 1-5. If successful, the target becomes Cursed for 4 turns. If the target was already Cursed, then this attack deals an additional 5 damage.
      • 2 :

20. Redderrick

[​IMG]
    • Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • [​IMG] Paralyze Target champion within 3 spaces becomes Paralyzed for 2 turns.
        • [​IMG] Binding Chains Enemy champions within 3 spaces take 8 Physical damage and become Ensnared for 2 turns (this damage ignores DEF). This ability's CD is reduced by 1 whenever this champion is successfully attacked.
        • [​IMG] Freeze Target opposing champion within 2 spaces is Crystallized for 2 turns and Frozen 4.
      • 2 :
        • [​IMG] Reckless Teleport 1 Range 6: This champion is relocated to a random location within 2 spaces of target space.
        • [​IMG] Teleport 1 This champion loses Rooted and is relocated to target space within 5 spaces.