Request for the Owlz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pedeguerra, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Can we please, pretty please, have a "tiny" balance patch for some egregious non champ runes that haven't been tapped since release?
    If you guys had to choose 4 non champ latest released runes to tone down, which would them be? My list goes as follow:

1- Talos of Valor;
    2- Whispers of the Mind;
    3- Head of Osirus;
    4- Catharsis Bloom.

I really feel these runes are present too much in the meta, and would definetely compromise bg and gameplay diversity when the revamp hits.
    In other words, they are all OP as heck and the only people that are OK with them are the ones that play them.

davre, newsbuff, JazzMan1221 and 4 others like this.
  2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

Mobilization, divine favor ...something something's globals are terrible. Revert ap nerfs and make it a large AoE for mobi. Global heal is just silly...make it heal closest 2 wounded champs within X spaces or something.

3. Pedeguerra

Yeah, I know. But these "big staple" spells and mechanics aren't being touched for now. So I´m not worrying atm about things like Gale, Mobi, Domi, Tailwind, etc., etc., etc.
    The problem right now is that all the released runes from my list, for example, are exactly the same since release, and they are all pretty over the line.

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

+1 for the OP

5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

1-tales of valor
    2-tales of valor
    3-tales of valor
    4-tales of valor

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

One consistency I see in these is that they are incredicheap. Having a low cost exasperates any issues because it removes thought from use.

Zealotry is great, very powerful. It gives offensive and defensive boost to a champ. Why do we not see it everywhere and have threads on it?

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Blizzard cloak

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

bakki was being sarcastic.

but also if we get into non-champ runes, i think there's gonna be a huge overhaul there, too. the old stuff was either amazingly powerful or trash because they couldn't justify making better and better versions of the same thing (look at drac pulsar, it was made to be a possible firestorm replacement. it got used for an expansion or two and then dropped).

the new spells ignore the powercreep clause, more or less, and just do whatever they want. which is scary, considering the strength of the core set.

spells have been imbalanced for a longass time, only people don't notice as much when they're on the field for much less of it.

9. Pedeguerra

I mostly agree, but that doesn't change the fact that balancing a handful on non champ runes at this momento would help the game a lot. A LOT, I say.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Balancing even one would be helpful. But if you do that then you run the "hey what about that other guys rune?!?!"

If you were going to do a simple route, I'd say just do one from each faction and err on the side of hitting it too hard.

11. Pedeguerra

Yeah, I mostly agree with your list DMR.

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It is unlikely we would be able to look into these and have changes before the revamp goes live. I made Gedden aware of this thread, but we can't promise anything at this point because there are still many many thing we still need to look into and address.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

This is a very logical and important thread. Getting this on DoG'z radar was a legit move. +1

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

@Gedden
    @Senshu

If you can't commit to a process type fix, just pick a rune from each faction and +10-15 nora it, with a disclaimer that it's just to shake up the non champ meta and may not be the permanent fix.

That's an easy database change that will cause some deck changes which is always a good thing coming off a period of stagnation.

DMR list is fine, add to ST Blizzard Cloak

SPiEkY, davre and newsbuff like this.
  15. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

Most people running a split faction will have at least one split faction champ. Hit that one and get bounty hunter on both.

16. Pedeguerra

Well, Grumble Rock I think is fine, but Blizzard Cloak is probably undercosted by a tad (5 nora or so) - it gets really good when its hidden, otherwise it's situational at best.
    Sticking to newer stuff was the goal, so you are good to go.

This saddens me, because let's be frank here: increasing the nora on a handful of ruens won't change the revamp process, and will make a healthier meta when it hits. It's a win-win situation for me. Either way, glad you guys are aware.

davre likes this.
  17. Pedeguerra

Also what Bakkibro said.

18. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It isn't that simple, but we are aware that spells and equipment need to be addressed for balance. We may bring up this issue with the player council, so this is also a great way for all of you to voice your comments to them too.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's only nit that simple if you wish it to make it that way... or you somehow managed to make database changes a difficult task.

It's not like it's something people will be holding you too. I'm pretty sure your release is going many more much larger issues than a couple spells being slightly overcosted instead of drastically undercosted.

The upside is, even if playerA is unhappy with the change made to his factions spell, he gets relief from 7 other major causes of annoyance.

If you guys just doddle around with these and other nonchamp issues, it will have a large negative impact on the success of the game post rollout. Similar to making changes only in 7 of 8 factions.

SPiEkY and davre like this.
  20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It might be that the databases are coded in an awkward way. Duct-tape-style.

SPiEkY likes this.
  21. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

What if you release the expansion and Champion_123 is discovered and agreed upon to be under costed by 25 nora. Simple, change the nora cost.