Resilient + Damage Resistances

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by concealedweapon, Aug 28, 2016.

1. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

I've noticed that Resilient champions are able to take 4 or less damage if it would have been greater than 4 before being reduced by Resistance. Is this WAI, or a bug?

Specifically, this happened to a Brewmaster equipped with Full Plate Armor, and it gained the Resistances through Void Shield.

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I may or may not know what made you post this. :p

I was surprised as well. The specific interaction was this:
    1. Brewmaster had 7 DEF, Magic Resistance rank 3 from Void Shield and Resilient acquired from Full Plate Armour.
    2. I had 30% magic amp deployed.
    3. My Garu Chosens had 13 damage each, my Inspector had 11.
    4. My Garus Proceed to double tap Brewmaster for 4 damage on each tap and my Inspector hit him for 3 damage. All 5 attacks ignored Resilient as if it wasn't there.

What I believe happened:

1. Garus and Inspector perform their attacks.
    2. The game checks for damage amplifications.
    3. The game applies a value on successful hit equal to DAM + % of amp. In this case it's 4 x 13 + 4 x 3.9 (30% of 14) + 11 + 3.3 (30% of 11). I am not sure if values get rounded down or rounded up based on regular maths or not, so I'll assume it does not and rounds everything down. Total damage is 4 x 16 + 14.
    4. Attacked Champion's DEF is checked and reduces the amount of damage dealt. Total reduction goes down 4 x 9 + 7.
    5. The game checks if damage dealt is equal to or lower than 4. It isn't so resillient is ignored.
    6. The game checks for any further resistances the champion may have and then reduces the values by specified amount. Values go down to 4 x 4.5 + 3.5. I know the game rounds down in this case as I hit for 4 x 4 damage and 1 x 3 damage via Garu Chosens and Aurora Inspector respectively.

The above is what I believe took place.

@Sokolov Is my guess of the game's combat algorithm correct in this case? If so, would changing resilient to check after resistances be considered a buff or a bug fix? If not, what happened? Did we find a bug or?

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Testing has previously indicated that Resilient checks after all other forms of damage reduction. This seems like a bug.

4. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Waking up this old thread and bugreporting it to @Sokolov , I think Resilient have problem with all % dmg reductions, like evasive, scale armor, and probably resistance like stated above.

Attacker:
    Hyaenid Bulwark - basic attack dmg 12
    Defender:
    Fist of Bastion
    def 6
    tough 3
    resilient
    hammerheart platemale with scale armor
    12-6 = 6 Defense
    6-3 = 3 Tough3
    3<4 = 0 Resilient

[​IMG]