returning player need help

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Sunutsu, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

Hi I haven't played the game in nearly 2 years and wanted a quick run down over any changes to the faction. The last time I played the game I used a bleed style deck. I noticed while checking my rune manager that many champions I have were nerfed so I'm not sure whats viable anymore. Have there been any changed to faction bonuses?

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Bleed is not that great at the moment, but is runnable if you want to - just might need some remaking of your deck.

3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Bleed is poor. Arrow eater still works well. Salaam is a nice rune to get for utility vs various things. With UD a lot of oldies are still goodies.

4. Sunutsu

Screenshot from 2017-08-02 23:16:25.png This is the bleed bg I just made, can you guys rate it? I plan on downloading the new client soon so I can start playing. I'm mostly a single player who only fights A.I so I'm not too worried about balance.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  5. badgerale

your missing the best bleed champs (imo): blood abhorrents and bloodgoyles. Unfortunately they are both legendary so can be hard to get.

6. Sunutsu

Those two champs were added during my hiatus so I wasn't sure how good they were. I'll try to get 1 of each from poxbox. Besides those two champs are there any improvements I can make to my bg?

7. badgerale

You don't seem to have any damage spells. Personally I would feel find it strange to not run at least three. I usually go for one each of fireblast, echoes and superiority. Probably could get rid of a demonshield, mandate and one champ.

That's just my taste though.

8. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I don't play much anymore, but when I do I play this bleed BG, It's not as strong as UD meta; But I have no doubt it is a competitively valid BG.
    Won every game I played with it so far. (Disclaimer: only 7 games ^.^)

I'd be willing to discuss better rune variations and changes with you as you start playing and see what gives you trouble; As usually it would take me (if i was playing) 20-30 games to perfect a BG by playing and seeing what needs to be changed to optimize the BG.
    UD bleed '17.png

9. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

That seems like a fairly high cost rune count for champions, how does that work out for you?

Edit: Though it could be I haven't played in quite a long time and i just don't remember the costs like I use to

10. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

It is slightly above avg rune costs (mid 70s mostly), but this is the only varetion I built of bleed that had proper competitive success.

the whole AOE lose 8 hp if bloodied theme is a bust, and I tried really hard to make it competitive.

With this BG I completely ditched that ability and played on bleeds great mobility and kill potential. ( Rain of bleed x2 is great for the mobility)

11. Sunutsu

Thank you for the reply everyone here is a pic of my updated BG. I am open to any advice you can give, whether its strategy related or about the runes. I haven't had a pvp match in 2 1/2 years since I don't fully understand how much the meta has changed. All I really do when I play Pox now are dailys and skirmishes against the A.I. I strongly recommend skill advice when it comes to champions because with the new client I can't find UD matches as often or see what skills players have equipped.

Attached Files:

12. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

16 champs is too much for the new draw system id stick with 13 to 15.

Take out redcap for a 2nd sacrifice ( 2 is useful in an expensive BG like bleed).

You can ditch the demonvein for a mindstorm (spell).

Ditch demonsheild or fountain or baneshift for price of victory (spell).

You can ditch 1 of the 3 above for a pure-fire if it suits the meta ( see if you deal with lots of things you'd want to dispel).

low priority: you can run fade recollection if you notice champions it shuts down are popular in the meta. Because in meta where it isn't needed, it can be useless for you.

13. Sunutsu

I've been using the bg for the last couple of weeks and made some changes. Can you guys rate what I have so far and make any suggestions you feel would be helpful?
    Screenshot (2).png
    I added in the griefbearer for his cleansing ability
    I find I rarely ever use Bok mistress so I'm not sure what to do with her.

14. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Running two sacs and a retri might be one too many.

If you do stick with the three then you likely won't need that cleanse from the griefbearer!

You might replace the mistress or some other champ with a Bok Warden at 70 Nora as a nice utility champ. Flying, detection, precision, enrage for high damage, melee plus pseudo range.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017