Returning Player seeking advice

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Vrcic, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Vrcic

Vrcic New Member

Hi all, I played back in the old days many moons ago before all the handovers to soe and dog....when octopi owned it?

So it seems like a LOT has changed lol.....trying to get back into pox again so im here to ask is pox alive whats the playerbase like now?

Lastly any advice on becoming familiar with the new pox would be helpful.

2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Playerbase is low, we still have hope on the PS4 client and that it will bring some fresh blood :)
    Its possible to play F2P by just doing daily skirmish/achievements to get runes and gold to buy packs on or campaigns/avatars.
    So much runes, so much abilities, find a theme you like and start with it. if it gets boring, look at some other themes. Alot of themes are really good in PvP. when you play PvP you get tokens for the games instead of runes so its very easy to level up runes.

Vrcic likes this.
  3. Hierokliff

Oh yeah, if you download the betaclient and login to it, you get a nice IS bg for free, thats a good way to start :) you can then change and use those runes, but not trade or sacrifice them.

4. Vrcic

Vrcic New Member

I am having issues with the beta client so ill stick with the old client for now and farm gold.

5. Hierokliff

no worries, think everyone gets that bg with expansion/client release.
    remember when farming PvE, the goal is to kill the shrine

6. Vrcic

Vrcic New Member

So the quicker you kill the shrine the more gold is earned? is there a specific formula equation to the math?

7. Hierokliff

no, but if i can kill a skirmish game in 2-3 mins i get more runes and gold then if you play a campaign for 10mins .-)

8. Hierokliff

I think the rune reward is better then the gold.
    in average i think you get 17shards per skirmish game, or just keep it at 1 rune per game. And lets say 100 gold, then you need 21games for one pack of core set that are 10 runes of same value as you get from doing the skirmish game. so for me the gold is a bonus i want the runes/shards and save the gold for those 32K box packs (or avatars or campaigns)

hmm and no i dont do a skirmish game that fast, maybe 5-6mins hmm so not sure whats best. its just easier for me to do a skirmish game while reading the forum or watching a tvserie or movie.

9. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

The faster you complete a campaign or skirmish, the less gold you earn. Gold appears to be rewarded solely on the basis of time spent in the campaign, with a cap for each difficulty level: 100 gold for Normal, 200 for Hard and 3oo for Legendary. You will also occasionally receive bonuses, (first time completion, more than 10 units killed, etc). Skirmish is capped at 50? gold per game, (I usually get something like 33 to 46 gold for each Skirmish match).

Skirmish is definitely the most efficient for rune rewards but I'm not sure about gold. I've been farming beginner campaigns on Legendary and I think the gold return might be better though the rune rewards are less over time. I'll typically get 600 to 900 gold for completing the cycle of 4 Beginner Campaigns, and 4 rune rewards of course. I haven't done a time comparison of Skirmish vs Beginner Campaign. Note, you can not kill the shrine on Beginner Campaigns with Ethereal Pool cheese.

10. Hierokliff

Think skirmish is cap 100 gold/game but thats rare. I tested Hard Beginner Campaign with my pvp bg, did get between 26-66gold per game and 4 runes.

11. Vrcic

Vrcic New Member

thats interesting, If i rush it with garu/tinkerers and pool, I get 32 gold plus a core rune for the faction I play (which at the moment is UD because I havent bought packs, bought a box set with gold but wasnt lucky and got utter garbage to use for trading value), but if I play it normally I get about 70 gold and a rune but it does take considerably longer to complete each skirmish.....

is this the beginner trials or the normal trials? Ill test it out with my UD

12. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Even if youve gotten garbage value wise theres still the options of shards. Some rares can be worth 30-50k on poxbox which is far too much to shard it but some core exo's can go for 30k and are still worth 100 shards. Just as an example, you could buy 5 of those for 150k, craft a myx broodlord and sell it right back for 240k.

Obviously not a trick you can use too often since the price will naturally go up as you go through them but its just an idea to get you going. Crafting can turn a poor draw into exactly what you need

Vrcic and Hierokliff like this.
  13. Vrcic

Vrcic New Member

Thought poxbox had closed, oh no wait thats another site my bad. I never thought about forging for trade power....cheers something to think about.

14. Vrcic

Vrcic New Member

So far using this strategy it seems to me that for farming gold this could be a good way, I have found that runes are either common or uncommon so for farming runes for forging skirmish is probably the better way.

15. Hierokliff

Its the same ratio on exo,rare,legendary as in the packs, i did farm 600 skirmish games and wrote down stats on it. averaged 17shards per game. they are going to double the ratio for rares with the new marketplace, thats why saving some gold could be good. i still want more shards/runes so i use some (most) of the gold because new runes are more fun then the number of gold that can be used in the future.

upload_2017-5-5_11-35-24.png