Returning Player; what's good these days?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Demthedark, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes

Hey, I recently have began playing again after a long hiatus.

I thought I was going to be able to just jump right back in and learn what's still good through experience...that hasn't been going so well .

I noticed drastic changes with witches, zombies don't seem too fun, creeps look better from face value.

I use to run a fun respawn bg, but exhume no longer works?? Or it is just on shadowshank?

Anyway, if someone could give some feedback on what's still good to be competitive as FW or direct me to a thread that has this info, id be appreciative.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Worms, junk, and skellies are good, everything else is sorta playable. If you are running junk/goodstuff, you need some sort of spice like Essence Devourer or Chopping Block.

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

aren't zombies still good?

4. Demthedark

Thanks what is a junk bg comprised of?

5. DiCEM0nEY

units such as "death guard" which don't benefit from a theme.

6. HellGeist

HellGeist New Member

I'm in the same boat. I have enough old LE runes to make any BG i want for FW. I just need to know what to shoot for. I used to run a good stuff BG back in the day. Is Skeles the easy way out? Is there a top tier BG that is difficult to obtain due to rune rarity?

7. DiCEM0nEY

Skellies aren't too expensive, which is why I go into them, but I had already played a lot of single player for the core runes. I'd say zombies are relatively inexpensive as well, aside from rotwrapper. Skellies have bone circle archmage, but also a ton of rares.

I actually made a topic, "DICEM0nEY can't stop winning" which has a good budget deck on it.

My goal is just to play and have fun though. If you are worried about what is the "best" theme, I think you will find that you will need to do some sort of meta theme, which isn't a good way to get back into the game IMO, since you can't really learn why the cards are good and bad, and you can't actually change out of the theme very easily.

8. HellGeist

HellGeist New Member

Yea, i saw your post. Im not worried about expensive. I have bridal ravenwraith, 2 LE FW Doombringers and 2 LE Angels of Death to use as trade bait if needed. I just want to get an idea of what runes i should be shooting for. A long time ago i got to rank 124 with a good stuff extra rare meta BG. Just wondering if thats still the best route or has themes really taken over and become something you can take to the top.

9. DiCEM0nEY

They aren't worth as much as you might think, unless ur poxboxing than IDK. Hard to find bidders on LEs for me.

Themes are definetly something that can get you to around 1800 elo. To get to the 2000 area and beyond, I think its a whole different ball game. I actually think your best bet is to also have multiple decks, so you can counter the players you know you'll be playing against. KF elves seem really strong right now, saw a high elo match, snake charmer op, avenging angels, grimilic mirror :O. KF had a elemental warspirit mixed in though.

Other guy was running a UD / SP beasts split, with some meta mixed in. I guess alot of players run themed decks, but mix in some meta runes now adays. I have mixed feelings as to wheter or not themes are strong, since people are figuring out the meta rn since the last patch, and the removal of BE, which was causing games to end by turn 4. I think KF elves work so well, because some of their runes have "surge enemy" which is actually REALLY strong right now.

10. HellGeist

HellGeist New Member

Fair enough, thank you for your reply. Ill try out your BG you have posted, i think i can get those runes without having to trade anything. I never ran a BG without Mobi and ED so it will take me out of my comfort zone. But that will be good i think. Plus the Baron just looks badass haha. I'm gonna love that guy. Do u know if the new LE Xulos the Glorious has a new sprite by chance? Thinking of picking him up.

11. DiCEM0nEY

he does, and its pretty great looking xulous tbh. You can trade that rune for the things you need as well. As far as no mobi and ED, I take everyone advice into consideration, but I usually end up making my own conclusions about the game. Everyone definetly has their own opinions and playstyles and budget, and mine has brought me to that deck. Although for my own budget concerns, I am pretty much trying to get every rune in FW, 1 theme at a time so I can both enjoy the game and make transitions slowly. I also have a small SP secondary collection going, sort of saving up for a viable deck, depending on my pack luck. Rest of the clans I just trader though.

12. Demthedark

Ah I believe I remember this name, welcome back!

13. Demthedark

Thanks for the replies. I see poxbox is insane now but I can't seem to trade off the LE's and exotics I dont want through bazaar and trader. Guess ill have to go through poxbox

Is the genesis lich, rottwrapper, and bonemage worth their prices?

14. DiCEM0nEY

better off going through trader if you have the patience. Otherwise compare sharding and decide for yourself.

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

The respawn NG you mentioned still works. In fact it's got more mechanics to back it up than ever before. See eternal life on qpoxdb and blood phoenix

16. Demthedark

I was more so speaking about gravewatcher and the exhume ability. Doesn't seem to work anymore. Or maybe it just doesn't work on certain champs. Going to check out the phoenix tho! Thanks.