Returning Player

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Koffin Nail, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Koffin Nail

Koffin Nail The King of Potatoes

Hi all, I used to play regularly a few years back but have been absent. Haven't even been back to check on the state of things, but just had an itch to scratch and only pox will do.

So what's the state of the game atm, and of the FW faction? Observing a game or 2 has shown me half my runes need updating.

So are skeles still decent? What about zombies (loads of em have been changed)? How does a meta deck play out atm? For reference bonds of war was the last expansion I bought into.

Cheers in advance

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Many champs have changed as you pointed out. Take time to play as many games as you can to get used to new abilities and current play styles. Just playing through matches is the fastest way to learn.

Skeletons are my favorite ff theme right now. Meta can be competitive, I would model upgrade choices after ballballer choices if you get to see him play with fw or fw splits. Zombies and worms are competitive but you have to be stubborn on not over extending.

Witches and Spirits can win some games but are typically out matched by meta.

Lichs and Vampires are for lulz.

my skellies bg; which notched all my "challenge match" wins in the
    GREAT POXNORA TOURNAMENT 2018 - EMPEROR OF POXNORA
    and I have used it in ranked regularly

[​IMG]
    tariff on xulos to stop late game come backs.

My premoe ranked deck
    upload_2018-4-16_11-50-43.png

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Fentum likes this.
  3. Koffin Nail

Koffin Nail The King of Potatoes

Cheers for the reply. That skelly deck looks nothing like the 1 I have. Still looks fun, time for a change.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

A lot has changed but the game is still great and the playerbase is small but supportive.

Skellies are an excellent attritional BG right now but they take some playing.

Just dive in, play and learn all the new tricks.