Revamp: my hopes for the Peaks

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Bellagion, May 3, 2014.

1. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I suppose you have a point. I don't know, she feels awkward in some way, though I can't quite place it.

2. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I'd give Mika 2 separate summon fesh abilities that share a cd. Crested fesh, will have a lower cd than infested fesh. Maybe 4 and 6.

What are you quoting RedScarlet....can't see it at all in this thread!

For Jester, I'd remove the 30% vulnerability to melee. That makes him more balanced (melee vs. range) and makes cackle a more viable uprade.

Is that a buff for voil king's crypt? For the crypt, nora cost per swarm matters. But it's a low enough CD that reducing the overall cooldown might increase the number of low cost swarms per average game.

Cyclops warwizard: my point is that a legendary should be splashable and not be theme dependent. There are a lot of ways to make that happen.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  3. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

ohh sorry2,
    what I was saying mirrors your opinions (kinda)

Jester - remove defenseless, remove para feedback, but move Cackle to base, and give 1 upgrade that would benefit from playing more voils (like Improve Damage, or Leverage: Voil). Nora cost can be adjusted up/down depending on the change.

VK Crypt - I just think its quite balanced given that the Nora dump is so big, yet you're not getting everything out of it.

So susceptible to rush, but punishes turtling BG by a TREMONDOUS marginal benefit out of that 60 nora (20-ish vamp bats? yes please).

If the opponent is rushing you, and manages to destroy that VK Crypt (if not, probably you're placing it near shrine, and you have to move your bats before any can be beneficial in combat damage), that's a 40-60 nora you just lost on your tempo.

Warwizard - yea i agree legendaries should not be theme dependent, but I thought you were just balancing it. If he shouldn't be theme dependent, I'm not sure how to tweak him, because I think his only thematic abilities that is in his design: 5 SPD benefits from Vitalize, Imp RNG, Boost Cyc 2.
    If you wanna change it, I'm not so sure what kinda abilities/playstyle we should grant him. Probably somewhere around Teleporting. a Legendary one-eyed Wiz of Ways?

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Same.

5. Raikan

I'm okay w/ 1 upgrade path being cyclops/theme specific. In cyclops, he'll be at 6 speed w/ wardrummer, which is more than enough speed to save up enough ap for his cd abilities and to position him using teleport to benefit from his passive racial auras. But outside of cyclops, he'll likely be 5 speed. It's hard to use that to generate enough ap to grant: teleport, stall, and cast:alacrity. And shielded doesn't make too much sense for a 74 nora champ...I mean, how much nora are you going to invest into killing or cc'ing him. And then, w/ 5 speed, dissipate and 12 base damage, he's not exactly putting out much/any damage. A rework might make him a passive champ, and replace the shielded upgrade with +1 speed, and then adjust nora costs appropriately.

6. RedScarlet

True, so you're trying to make him outside of clops right. Why not change the upgrades to something that leans towards Clops and non Clop:

His base spd would stay at 5. And we kinda agree that he is not used as a damage source, but rather a supporting one right? Here is my proposal for the greens to see, as per the consensus (you, looool).

I also aim to make his role more definitive rather than a clump of roles on him (teleportation granter & movement, support, debuff, semi Alt Damage) into (Support/Debuff)

Cyclops Warwizard (74 72 Nora)
    12 0/5/1-1/1/52

Base:
    Attack: Magical Passive
    Dissipate
    Cast: Alacrity
    Stall
    Teleport 2
    Grant: Teleport 2

Upgrades:
    Improve Range Stats Bonus: SPD+1 (for Non-Cyclops)
    Boost: Cyclops 2 Initiative 2 (spot Alacrity to turtle)
    Shielded Bastion of Mobility (Non-Cyclops/for Cyclops)
    Grant: Teleport 2 Vitalize (for Cyclops)

To be honest, no matter how you see it, a Cyclops that teleports other Cyclopses and gives AP is kinda super crucial for a 2x2 racial that have issues with mobility and AP gen.
    He is kinda a *have-to-have* runes for Cyclopses... So I'm guessing improve speed is kind of a must....

Vitalize can either be changed into Improve Speed or Boost: Cyc 3...
    Imo, having Improve Speed makes all clops capable of getting +3SPD and is quite interesting to remake all clops to have it back to SPD 5, but broadly spread Vitalize around Cyclopses to make them basically a pseudo 6-7SPD like normal champs.

An idea for Cyclops racial:

One-Eyed Lineage (Everytime a friendly Cyclops champion is deployed [from Rune dock, or from Spells] or is destroyed, other friendly Cyclops you control gains the following in order: Vitalize, Mobility, Guarded: Cyclops, Trample, and Tough 3)

playstyle: deploy every turn, benefits from SP's deploy, and dead playstyle (refund for deploy, refund for being dead).

7. Raikan

I haven't played cyclops, but would Bastion of Mobility shoebox Alpine Cyclops and Vitalize shoebox wardrummer? Initiative 2 is a great option for spot alacrity, but probably not too strong since we have alacrity as a spell already. However (and I'd have to count some spaces on maps) it may create some of the problems that pre-nerf dictate on enforcer did. Turn 1, deploy random champ. Turn 2, deploy cyclops warwizard, grant teleport to turn 1 champ, and the 1st turn champ will be able to move 9-10 spaces assuming it doesn't have initiative, exertion,etc.

Edit: I should mention that Gedden made some comments on the interview the other day that seemed generally hostile to Cast:[Spell] abilities on a champion.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  8. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Yeah man, you can't be giving Initiative 2, Cast: Alacrity and Grant Teleport to the same champ. People will just play him for the easy draw wins.

9. RedScarlet

hmm well yea thats easy draw...

but I think its really unfair for one whole 2x2 racials (originally), to depend on 2 subpar Alpine Cyclops, at the very least if the racial needs a lot of other keywords to work (like Vitalize or Bastion of Mobility), it should be spread around... not just on certain champs. That'll be limiting the varieties of how a racial BG looks like..

but yeah, my war wizard tweakings was kinda compared to the current rune's quality. Not sure...

10. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Peaks nora gen?

11. Woffleet

Peaks nora gen should revolve around fonts

Consume resources

cost: 30
    Target owned font becomes neutral ad you gain 80 nora

More pillage

12. Javier Romero

Javier Romero The King of Potatoes

Lightning Elemental
    removed - electricity eater
    add- storm acolyte

13. Woffleet

It'd be cool if some clops got lift and wind striker this would allow them to be slow but still dangerous without huge range, teleport,etc.

14. Paper Skull

How would a 10 foot cyclops give someone flying?

15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Lift them up?

16. Paper Skull

10 feet is not flying, 10 feet is a tall ladder.

17. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Throw them up? Those clops look pretty buff...

18. Javier Romero

Javier Romero The King of Potatoes

i will like some thing to make the cyclops more tanky spell resist and def

they are 2x2 unit so they will be always close to each other
    ability they need
    -weaken spell
    -defender 3
    -tough
    -racial trail : for every cyclops on the field cyclops gain 1 def

19. Woffleet

The really big 20ft ones. Regardless of flavor it would help with their mobility issues.

20. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I am hoping imperialist will be runnable again!