Revamp Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yea I had it yesterday or friday. 19dmg elites were funny to say the least. The patch notes from a a few days before had given it.

Edit: Patch from the 11th gave it and the rest of the mounted barbs Race beast which I was told was an oversight that they didn't have it.

Ironfist Inquisitor (Limited Edition)
    • Adjusted race and upgrade set 1 to match the Ironfist Inquisitor (Exotic).
    Inquisitor Isran
    • Adjusted race and upgrade set 1 to match the Ironfist Inquisitor (Exotic).
    by the way, this is still not correct as Isran still doesn't have Race: Barbarian like the base exo does.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I feel you. Ghoul lost race Zombie, so did quite a few zombies. There seems to be something odd going on with races...

3. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Maybe we should call the ACLU.

4. SireofSuns

No. Just... No.

5. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

How about you guys *fix* Hooligan? Just change that 1 ap ability to 4, and it's balanced. It's seriously simple as that.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  6. Gaedel

Maybe it's just too simple. We need complicated, don't we?

7. BroWatchThis

It's not so much needing complicated so much as needing not OP... just flavorfully powerful would be nice.

8. BroWatchThis

OK look, I'm a FW player through and through, and I think that Coragh needs to have Mythical on him. Why make it so only the top players can use him x2? He shouldn't even be able to be ran x2. That's just ridiculous.

Also, do something about disgusting splits, like FS/FW. You should cycle some type of different war ability, have it be faction-wide. For instance, during a certain time period (one DoW period for instance), make it so FW and FS are warring factions (i.e. FW champ says "Warring FS: this champions may not be in the same battlegroup as FS.")
    Cycle that between all the factions. It will make the game more fun, more strategic having to constantly change (especially for a player using an OP split).

Just my 2 cents.

9. Gaedel

I completely agree. <baffled>

Sixul
    Coragh
    Inquisitor Magnus
    Dugon
    K'ento
    Shallaxy
    Snogvie
    Korona

All in the same book.

But just to go a little farther, any rune with a distinct name, like Inquisitor Isran, Ryv the Ruthless, Vallassa the Elder, Aria the Priestess should all be limit 1, just like the other distinct named like Vindrax, Kartch, Tremir, Euan, Grimthir, Gnark, Juya, Dirge, Sceian, Zoalt, Ash and Grimlic. Isran, Ryv, Vallassa and Aria have replacement runes (Jakei Heretic, Skeletal Rifleman) for those that do not have the limiteds, which is great! Would be nice to have replacements for the others hard-to-get runes.

10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Yeah everybody would be heartbroken if they couldnt run 2 shallaxys in a deck

11. Tarth

Elite Skirmisher is still not a beast. He was one and then randomly lost it. Please fix.

12. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

iirc it was actually done because they wanted to make more split runes available, so they chose to split this one with SP. Othe champs in other factions suffered the same situation. But is it really such a bad thing?

13. Gaedel

I don't see a problem with Barbarian Bolt being split between IS and SP. They did that because people were running a Lightning battlegroup in SP with Cyclops, Peaks Marid and Lightning Elemental and they figured Barbarian Bolt was a good fit, and they wanted more split runes, as previously stated.

14. Gaedel

Garu Shaman is a good example of how more champions need to be in terms of upgrades.

Upgrade 1: Cleanse, Divert, Grand: Mobility
    Upgrade 2: Paralyze, Heal Champion 2 and Heal Champion 3

With these he can be chosen as a heal/cleanse option, or a Divert/Grant:Mobility and Paralyze option. Nice flexibility here. If all champions were like this the game would be AWESOMER! or should I say MORE AWESOME!

15. Tarth

Then where does it stop? Just because a champion, who has nothing to do flavor or conceptually with SP, has a specific damage type doesnt mean it should be part of that faction. Or should every single frost champion be a ST split, or all fire should be a UD split. Its just a really bad decision based on complaining and hissy fits that a strong, THEME BASED IS rune, has a damage type that IS and FW had long before SP existed, let alone got very minor electric damage synergy.

Split runes need to make sense, they need to actually have a valid reason to be split other then, drrr this would work in that bg. Otherwise you can make that claim about 100s of runes in every faction.

16. Gaedel

I understand and agree with some of your points, but I think that's what they were thinking. SOE might have had more plans to expand on it, I don't know. But why does it have to stop? You don't have to use Barbarian Bolt in a split deck. You can use it in a FF IS or FF SP as well. I guess I'm always for diversity and flexibility. If we did away with splits then we have to do away with the Ally abilities too. Now since we have a split Centaur (Sarnghavian Centaur) as well as Centaur Savage with Ally: IS, Allurite Brother with Ally: IS and Pride of Ailur, it opens up more options. Instead of just having a single Centaur battlegroup, this opens up more avenues to diversity. Something might not make sense now, but if they add another rune that brings the theme together then it's brilliant. Stitched split between UD and FW has specific runes on both sides that help them and bring them together (UD Arise, FW Disintegrate).

The most popular split at this time I believe would be Beasts. There are quite a few Beasts out there among different factions. Do we want to split IS with KF beasts, IS with ST beasts, KF with ST beasts, and so on? Every single faction has beasts. FW has the least with 9 beasts. Several champs have Boost Beast across different factions. The possibilities are endless! Now, I think this is great. Diversity and flexibility. Jek battlegroups are ingriguing. Then Boost Beast brings it all together.

MtG has split cards. You know all these games are here because of MtG. They got the genre going. Just like Everquest and MMOs. Gary Gygax and RPGs. I'm not saying they are the ones that were first, they were the ones that got it really going. So this game will always be compared to MtG.

OK, I said enough.

17. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

The big hole in your Beasts argument rests in the fact that they are BEASTS. Animals. Animals are everywhere, found in the homelands of any faction. It's FINE for there to be beast champs in all of them, some of them split. No thematic qualms there. The issue with Barbarian Bolt being Split SP is there is absolutely NO context or reason for him to be Split SP. The Barbarians are the remnants of the humans who fled Valdac, but are otherwise IS faithfuls. Rough around the edges, but good guys. Which means they are on the opposite side of the Wrath/Prot struggle from SP.

You want to see a Split IS/SP champion that's okay and also Lightning Themed? Look at Overcharged Golem. It's a poor, malfunctioning Construct prototype that was thrown out of whack by a lightning strike, and is now confused about where it should be.

But when Barbarian Bolt was released (and I believe tweaked a little) to be a very nice Lightning-using champion, SP fanboys flipped their lids over "all that lightning theme synergy being wasted on an IS champion." And so when the devs decided, for some reason, to throw splits MORE love (Because, y'know, having access to two different factions wasn't enough) they caved and slapped /SP on him.

18. SireofSuns

Indeed. Context and flavor should be the most important guiding principles when it comes to choosing factions.
    However, you argue that Wrath and Protectorate are one opposite sides of the fight. This, currently, is simply not true. It would better to say that each THEME or RACE is on its own side. The Cyclops and Hyaenid don't like the Voil, the G'hern and Moga are on the verge of rebellion. Zeventrech anyone?
    Or how about the elves of K'thir? Under De'lim (or however you spell his name) they are occupying parts of the Barbarian's territory.
    That doesn't all look two sided to me, more like a rainbow. ;)

19. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

Now see, that's a fair counterargument! I still haven't seen anything that points to cooperation between any section of SP and IS, though. That's the issue. There's literally nothing pointing towards why Bolt would or should be IS/SP. Metallic Slag is IS/SP because it's a Groble who was absorbed by a Slag. Poor...confused...mutated golem..

20. Tarth

No, each theme and each race are parts of the whole faction. The game is built around a 2 way 4v4 faction fight despite any newer inter alliance strife. Themes are just different mechanics and flavors for how a sub set of the overall faction plays, it can not go against itself by infighting, that makes no sense at all.

The latest, civil war style development is only a recent thing, one that isn't really a reason for a barbarian who as a race are wholly allied/supportive of the dwarfs, etc to team up with SP. At most it would be a lore/mechanic reason for IS or Humans in IS to not work well or fight KF. IS, as a faction is a group of survivors from Valdac and Elsari who banded together and who work together to survive against overwhelming odds, and superior races/monsters. It is wholly different from SP which has a slave/master background with constant abuse by the higher ups ala voil-Ghern-Moga with random cyclops thrown in.

as far as the allied: IS argument its from with in the allied IS/FS/KF/ST forces. It makes 100% more sense to see known allies working together, especially when they share connected lands and a common background. The KF Centaurs were a sort of wild race with in the KF faction just like the humans in IS have adopted a more wild life style. WE also have to keep in mind that as of right now Barbarian is a race, so in the example of the Centaur Savage they share the same "Class/Race" cross faction Identity.