Revert the sharpshooter

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Anotherblackman, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Or die.

I have begun to look into an investigation under who were the people behind changing the Sharpshooter into what it currently is. This ranges from Idealist, Main supporters, and aswell as people who coded the change.

On The night of April 1st 2015, I will start picking my targets who I have found to be cavaliers in this movement.

You have been warned.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Why does he have detection anyway? Looks like a big fat sandbag on him imo.

3. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Yeah give him back range 3-7 .

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I really do hope you mean. Farshot.

5. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

He had 7 range in his beta version, which was quickly nerved sadly :(

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Never realized that. He must have had Farshot put on him to compensate then.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You have failed this game.

8. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

He never got far shot till the original release of dogs revamp. I wish he still had it in favor of piercing shot but that's a different issue.

9. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I like him having detection and hidden:rock

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

There was an ability called reveal that had a hawk sound and when you activated it it would reveal all stealth in that area (aoe 6 iirc) it was p bad and got removed, all reveal champs got detection 2 in its place.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I too dislike this version for the previous version. No idea why Markoth changed it.

12. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

You may begin your witch hunt.
    [/quote]

13. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

I think it was a troll named Anotherblackman who got him changed, really.

14. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

-cough- I didn't sign up for being in this thread.

15. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Oh yeah, reveal was a very unfunny joke. I think it had ap cost and at least 2rnd cd.

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I think it will be a month or two before we can try and revisit the sharpshooter but purely theoretically if the first upgrade tree was changed to:
    Farshot 2 - 5 Nora
    Explosive Attack 2 - 7 Nora
    Piercing Shot 2 or 3 - 7/12 Nora

People would have to choose between long range/low damage, mid range with alt damage mid burst or mid range with high burst.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

People want both, the choosing came on the battlefield because you can't use then both at the same time. You either pepper from long range or move in for a power shot. The degree of rangability or powershot was decided in the champion build. Not sure what was wrong with that.

18. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I do like these proposed changes to upgrade path 1. Much better than the current Piercing Shot 1/2/3.

Both would be better, of course. Maybe move Farshot or Piercing Shot to base and move Detection 2 to upgrade path 1. Farshot 2 (5 nora), Farshot 3 (9 nora). Piercing Shot 2 (7 nora), Piercing Shot 3 (12 nora). Detection 2 (4 nora). After comparing the nora costs, I think swapping Detection 2 (4 nora) to Upgrade 1 path and adding Farshot 2 (5 nora) to base would be nice. His nora cost would almost be the same as it is now. So, to summarize:

Base:
    Aim
    Attack: Gun
    Farshot 2

Upgrade 1:
    Detection 2
    Piercing Shot 2
    Explosive Attack 2

Upgrade 2:
    Drunken
    Hidden: Rock
    Hidden: Arctic