Rework of Elven Illusionist

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by phdstax, Sep 19, 2016.

1. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

@Sokolov

I know you are busy, but can we get a rework of Elven Illusionist and in particular Illusion of Lies? Elven Illusionist is the premier champ for this ability and strategy, but it is really underwhelming. All illusions do is trap and barricade, which is useful; but it could be more. Can we change the champ to the following?

Champion Stats
    DAM: 9, SPD: 5, RNG: 4-5, DEF: 0, HP: 40

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magical
    Absorb Illusion
    Gift: Misdirection - The next champion you deploy is removed from play and re-enters play along with 3 illusion champions that appear to be identical copies of this champion. When the deployed champion leaves play, the illusions are destroyed.

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Illusion of Lies - When your opponent deploys a champ, this champ creates a copy of itself the in nearest adjacent pace.
    Mirrorblade

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Illusion Enemy - This champ creates an illusion of the nearest enemy champ. The illusion is deployed in your nearest Shrine deployment zone. If the target is destroyed, this clone is also destroyed.
    Illusion Friendly - This champ creates an illusion of the nearest friendly champ. The illusion is deployed in your nearest Shrine deployment zone. If the target is destroyed, this clone is also destroyed.

What this does is a few things.
    1. It reworks Illusion of lies to be more effective in illusion, giving your opponent another strategy to keep track of.
    2. It brings up the spells Misdirection and Mirror Trap and uses them much more then they are now.
    3. It creates another theme you can call K'thiras: "I wanted a place for my students to study and discuss their lessons with each other. That is why I made K'thiras where they can learn the magical arts of relocation, illusion, healing, and much more. All wizards are welcome" - Menalaus, priest of K'thir

2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Actually, elven illusionist is insane. Any elves you get (including the 2 elf illusions that have CD3) count towards elven statue.
    Illusion of lies itself means you have a 1ap 1cd 8hp heal, most of the time. You can also use all the illusions to:
    Contest sidefonts with a relic, take nora globes, make enemies spend 3ap to kill them, protect your champs by making them engage the illusion and be unable to disengage, stop one of their champs from being able to run away when they get low, and find stealthed units.

Also, it cost 62 nora. If your change happened illusionist would probably get more expensive, but become less useful.

3. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Knockback into illusions is pretty strong. Having lots of illusions also makes it really easy to collect Nora globes.

Also, the Garu illusion can have as much as 20 damage and 8 defence, which counts for mimic abilities in splits.

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

To be honest I'd love to see a rise of a KF/ST Illusion theme. Surge: Illusion would be a cool way to make it happen but it'd most likely be broken too.

I'd love an ability among these lines:
    Imaginary Pain / Materialize - This ability does not destroy illusions. For the next 2 turns target illusion becomes a summoned copy of a champion and gains its upgrades. At the beginning of your next turn the affected illusion dies. AP Cost: 2. CD: 5.

Illusionist would be a champion with this ability and could become REALLY scary. I'd most likely make this ability cost something around 13 to 15 nora so he'd cost 75-77 nora, but technically you could have any champion you desire. Even with a 15 nora cost the ability might be too insane.

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I think that this would be virtually impossible to code, unfortunately.

also, (and I am just assuming the OPs opinion) nobody is disputing that he is good, its just that he wants a rework.

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The only difficult part is the clause about not killing illusions. I remember that casting abilities on them used to be possible in the past, so it's not rocket science. The rest is pretty simple - you remove the illusion condition, grant the summoned condition and give the champ its 2 default upgrades. It's, in theory, simple to do.

7. Tweek516

Sure, if poxs code wasn't such a bi*ch. This is probably some code buried deep, and would probably be a lot more trouble than its worth.

but... I dont really know what im talking about so @Sokolov @Senshu

8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I don't think the devs need to spend time changing him as he is pretty good as is. I would like to see Illusion: Self become an ability as that would be more useful than Illusion: Archer but its not a big deal. If illusions are something people want more of, Sok could always create Elven Illusionist 2.0....though creating new runes would be numerous months away.

Tweek516 likes this.
  9. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I've been playing an Illusionist BG lately and he is low-key awesome. Not OP just great.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

yeah an early illusion of lies draw can practically win games.

11. Tweek516

Illusion of lies needs to be deleted from the game Imo

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

A spell or ability which turned summons/illusions into real champs would be pretty interesting.

13. Cinder405

All I ask is that TinyDragon don't play Elven Illusionist or else the nerf cries will be endless.

Edit: he needs to just stay awake from KF unless hes playing a theme that needs buffs (Centaurs for example)

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

he does use it when he plays KF

15. Cinder405

Well damn maybe I'm over exaggerating