Rework on Harbs

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Skullferno, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

So a few of my friends and I thought it be really cool for them to do a rework on harb art and give them each 2 abilities that go with the factions theme. Heres what we got and it's not set in stone but it's just an idea for the greens and other players to look at.

Forglar Swamp Harb: Poison 1 and Expedite or maybe Cleanse

K'Thir Forest Harb: Rend 1 or Rain of Arrows ( cause that does apply DoT on champs as well) and Barrage 2

Ironfist Stronghold Harb: Jolt 1 or Burn 1 with Scramble

Savage Tundra Harb: Chilled 1 and we decided Icegaurd

Sundered Lands Harb: Scour 1 with Sunder

Shattered Peaks Harb: Jolt,Scour or Rend 1 with Lighting Skewer or Paralytic Feedback (these aren't upgrades these would be added to the base stats)

Forsaken Waste Harb: Soultap or Disease 1 with Horror Aura or Disease Eater or Undead

Underdepths Harb: Burn 1 and Bonus Dmg to base dmg stat (+3-5) or Arrow Eater to base

Like I said these are very rough ideas but we thought it be cool to give them an artwork revamp so they look unique to there own faction and also make them more playable. Most people I talk to say they should be relaunched and this would give them the perfect reason to do it. Only people that don't want that is tradesharks and collectors which is only 5% of the game population *cough* talking bout you Hospy. Make tweaks but remember each gets DoT and a unique ability to that faction. Don't make the tweaks OP try to be reasonable with them if you do it. We all thought they sounded nice and good.

Your friend or rival,

Skullferno

2. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

3. Skullferno

Why no? Can you explain more, sir?

4. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Arrow eater on UD one...

And Sunder on the SL one.

An OP combo with the SP one.

While IS gets jolt.

Alteast make it warcry 2 if you were shooting for the imbalanced stars.

Also Harbs don't need to be auto-includes, Doombringers already proved that limited champions that are good get nerfs faster than the commons that are equally Op.

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Interesting thoughts to differentiate them, but there is a balance concern. There is also a point where they become too different. I have made note of this but I can't say anything will be done. One of the things we want to do is start toning down runes for balance.

jenovah2, RedScarlet and Skullferno like this.
  6. only

only Active Member

is this a new trend? doombringers, harbingers and that new owl? like the same champion, but different colors for all factions? please...

7. Skullferno

First off Sir Blackguy, it was just rough ideas. Hence on ROUGH It was just an idea. No need to get over reacted about it. I understand the balance and as I have said prior, was just a thought to think on. Though I would love some art rework for Harbs and Dooms. Maybe something more graphic, yet not unique. Maybe them destroying a village or raining down arrows on poor defenseless mogas?

8. Skullferno

Also to state that warcry past 1 on a range champ will backfire extremely hard. Example was IS doom. Only melee champs should have warcry 2-3.

9. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

SP should get Slam... There are just too much Skewers n Paralyze sub modules around.

I vote for SP Harbs to get Slam and Distract.

For UD Harbs, Absorb is good instead of Arrow Eater.

DeepClaws likes this.
  10. Skullferno

We thought of Slam but the idea of Slam on a range unit is still really good. Since they mentioned they want less OP harbs Distract and Scour 1 would work.

11. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Buff harbs if you want, they wont be getting re-released again so improve the value of them for me <3

12. Skullferno

I like how you have it in your mind that they will never ever be re-released again :D you fool this isn't even my final form because, truly I can make my power level over 9,000

13. Vote Kanye 2020

I've spoken to a green, he admits releasing them the second time was a mistake, and he wont be making the same mistake for the 3rd time and to put it simply, the people who have harbs are the people who spend the most amount of money on this game. Why piss off the richest 5% and massively murder the cash flow?

RedScarlet likes this.
  14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Buffing the Harbs is a terrible idea.

badgerale likes this.
  15. Vote Kanye 2020

By the way you still looking for a ST harb? I picked up a couple and I could trade or give you one if you like to complete your ST collection.

16. Skullferno

I just find it humorous that you are the leader of the anti-re-release of Harbs and you also own... was it 80? or 75 harbs? I really don't care if they re-release it but why go to the trouble of doing anything with them anyway? I got 1 harb and all it's good for is gathering dust and increasing in value. I find that useless to be in a TCG like pox. A worthless gold nugget. What's the point? Is it the "Exodia" of Poxnora minus the insta win ability? I am just confused to why it even still exist if it has no reason besides value. That and over 20 people I've talked to said they would love a relaunch of harbs that are actually useful to a bg or deck or even a theme. So I am just confused to why we put so much high value on a worthless crap rune? If you could shed some light on it, I be grateful.

17. Vote Kanye 2020

Yeah a 13 damage, 7 speed, iniative 2, flying 6 ranged champ is bad? Only in rare league I guess....

18. only

only Active Member

for me, it's 8 the same sprite/artworks, the same as doombringers. I mean if there is need for buffs, there are tons of champions, which could be buffed. and it can be any older le/leg/exo. I don't get the need for the same sprite and artworks to be all around the game.

we have dooms. we will get owls. and we want harbs. what's next?

19. Skullferno

I like how you pull rank too. In the time of SOE Poxnora 2012-1014 that was a bad champ. Scarlet Wing, Tidemaster, Darkmarsh Fury, Angels, Dooms, etc... were a way better and more affordable way for range champs. I rarely saw anyone play a harb in a game, rarely. Not even yourself used them on a regular basis. You mainly collected them for rarity/value not for their stats.

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???????
    PM PLEASE