Rework on Harbs

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Skullferno, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

We want this to be rare but still obtainable

2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I have no problems with them releasing harbs like Rors suggested, where they only release a small amount on occasion for prizes, Its the re-release them and put them on market for everyone to buy 10 of which I dont agree with

Skullferno likes this.
  3. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

See? Even h0spy can be agreeable sometimes ;)

Regardless on if they get buffed or not, if you still intend on them being quite rare, they will still be what they are today: collector's items. Fine, it might get played then, but there are still tons of alternative options.

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

If a different rarity of Harbingers (but otherwise identical version of them) is released or if they are put up for sale again I support a rework of them. Otherwise i do not.
    New players should not be punished by joining the game by seeing that impossible to aquire runes are needed in a BG.

5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I run my Harb simply because 8 spd initiative flyer is insanely good. And tbh she's not needed in my bg I fact, elven Mage is a much better ranged champ compaired to Harby minus the initiative.

It's just a "look what I got" feature.

6. Skullferno

I don't want mass producing like they have done in past or with other runes like Angels or Dooms. These are the crem da la crem of Poxnora. They shouldn't be handed out like stickers at an Gay Pride March. (Nothing against gays or lesbians I have 3 in my family and I have no hate but, if you ever go to a march you will return home with 5 bags full of random stickers varying from Pokemon to Sports)

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

How about just giving each harb a DoT that is related to their faction?

IS- Jolt
    SL- Scour
    ST- Chill
    FS- Poison
    UD- Burn
    FW- Disease
    KF- Rend
    SP- Whatever DoT is left ?

8. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

WEll its either mass production or I dont support it :p

9. Skullferno

Banshee, I usually respect your opinion and cooking skills but, earlier I suggested mass production and all most of all pox said no, including a few mods. I think the way we decided on, of obtaining them from very hard measures. I rather have them produce very little than not at all :p

10. Skullferno

I feel like Xirone's idea is a little easier and better to do without making them to good. Since it seems the idea is to make things less powerful, his theory would make them right where the greems want them to be at.

11. Vote Kanye 2020

lol... A faction wide boost is more power full than a DoT.

12. Skullferno

Not that idea. The idea about Wrath gets *insert said ability* and Protectorate gets *insert said ability* That way 4 are the same but different than the other 4. Rework the art to make them have their factions color, keep Faction Arrow. The Faction Wide bonus is ridiculous crazy

13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It would still be strong the way I meant it but, to be clear, it wouldn't be Boost: Faction Rank 3. I was imagining Rank 1 or Rank 2. Still, strong.

14. Skullferno

I would rather give, lets say, Wrath ability of +1 dmg, +2 dmg, +1 def, and +4 hp while Protectorate got +1 def, +2 def, +1 dmg, and +4 hp

15. Skullferno

As upgrades not base abilities!

16. Vote Kanye 2020

why not just make it Ally: Faction it belongs too, +7hp, 2damage and 1ap

Skullferno likes this.
  17. Skullferno

Why not just give it Loyalty than?

18. Skullferno

That way we don't have split abuse of Flying........by god IS/ST flying with x4 Harbs, x4 dooms and x4 Owls

19. Vote Kanye 2020

harbs do not have individual ID's like the dooms. You can only 2x in any bg.

Skullferno likes this.
  20. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

A little off topic, but I like the concept of Boost: Faction. It sounds like overreaching, but I think it would help any FF BG in the long run. Especially themes that do not have a significant pool to choose from, a Boost: Faction champ would provide a neat flavor to it all the while holding the entire BG together more appropriately.

I'd take Boost: Faction 1; Wouldn't stack with other Boost abilities..