Ride Down

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Regulate, May 4, 2014.

1. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Now I have had more experience against this ability I feel it is actually somewhat balanced.

It is easily countered by impeding terrain generation as well as silence, or even by the simple action of engaging the Fist in melee!

It's also situational (HP threshold must be met) and leads to the Fist potentially being placed in an unfavourable location - you could be risking 85n of your own just by using this ability.

On top of all this it is on a unit in the faction with the weakest FF bonus, further balancing it.

Dagda likes this.
  2. only

only Active Member

I like it in IS/FW split.

Essence Drain > Timothy Attacks > Ride Down.

Regulate likes this.
  3. Regulate

Nice combo Only! I hadn't thought of that one.

Does anyone else have any neat tricks with this ability?

Dagda likes this.
  4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

??? if you think ride down is balanced you are lost in life

5. mampoa

mampoa New Member

It works against transfigured avatars I think, it ignores fonts and possibly other impeding terrain too?

I've seen it do some weird things, could be mistaken about the above two but seem to recall seeing some strange behaviour. Let me know if i'm mis-remembering.

6. Regulate

I know it seems strong but you should try applying some of the counterplay I have noted so far. You may find your results improving!

If you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

Dagda likes this.
  7. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Oh i have tons of questions , how do i win more games

8. iodomy

iodomy Member

I don't know, if anything I feel like it's a little on the weak side. You pointed out most of the issues with it, but it also leaves Fist with an awkward upgrade situation - you really need to take Resilient and Intimidating to help with his survivability issues, and that means you can't use the Sweep-Ride Down combo that makes it really feel like a solid contribution. As is it feels like he needs some other champion or spell-based support to get good use out of the ability. Maybe in an ST split or something? I don't know, I just feel like it could be a little cleaner design-wise for such a high nora cost.

9. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Needing support is always a good thing in this game. Champs that are self contained powerhouses are a bad for the game. My only complaint is that this guy seems dull and mostly a update or overly similar to other theme runes.

iodomy likes this.
  10. only

only Active Member

since the revamp is incoming, I thought it would be nice to make a proper tooltip of it.

Ride Down - Once one of your opponent's champion has 20 or less HP, may God have mercy on its soul since this champion travels through time and universe to ignore all relocation and terrain effects and restrictions to [send that victim into oblivion] (sending a champion into oblivion ignores Stitched, Rider, Perseverance and all similar abilities). This ability is not on attack's chain. CD2, AP3.

11. iodomy

iodomy Member

That's a good point, thanks; I guess I've just gotten so used to really over the top champions like Sand Hunter that I lost sight of this. I also agree with you about him not really adding anything you aren't already getting from similar champs like The Displaced (although he seems just a bit too fragile to run). Do you think IS as a whole would benefit if Fist was a paladin, maybe? They don't seem to have as many options for the key role of tank who rides a horse.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Giggle

13. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

1/10 trolling attempt.

14. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

I dont see how slapping paladin on him helps IS. The revamp is hitting every rune and supposedly giving them all roles to play, so hopefully this is addressed. If I was to suggest anything from not knowing what they plan to do with him, it would be to simply make sure that he has a purpose with in the theme and IS thats different in a substantial way from the plans savage or displaced or any other rune. Humans/Barbarians are fairly poorly designed units that are extremely limited to beaters in this game. Id like to see more purposeful development of those champions and how they are meant to function with in IS.

as for this thread its clearly a joke thread. However, Fist being dull could be enough to bring his supposed power in check with a conceptual redo. If it is needed.

15. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

[​IMG]

Apostate and Regulate like this.