Righteous Deflection And Abilities

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by concealedweapon, Mar 25, 2017.

1. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

I don't know if this rule is written anywhere, but I think I figured out a general rule for which abilities trigger on an attack deflected by Righteous Deflection.

With a few exceptions, the rule seems to be that on-damage abilities are treated as if the attacker attacked itself, while on-attack abilities are treated as if the target attacked the attacker.

2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Got any example for an on-damage ability vs on-attack, and is the mechanic the same for granite bracers/riposte?
    Call to arms - pretty sure its working with RD (tested again and it did trigger, so edited out "not")
    Fury - think its working with RD
    guess it could have been depending on the targets abilities also?

I need to test more, back later after coffee fillup :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  3. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

On-damage examples: Damage Over Time effects, Petrifying Gaze, Howling Attack, Distract, Stun
    On-attack examples: Fury, Scrapper, Paralytic Feedback, Protective

I've noticed some that don't trigger, like One With Nora and Nora Incarnate.

Granite Bracers and Riposte/Arrow Throw is something different. It does not deflect the attack, but cause it to miss and generate a new non-basic attack.

Hierokliff likes this.
  4. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Fun to test these, and think you are right Granite bracers work in the mysterious way you described.
    testing with banditry, call to arms to get back some of the nora invested in the RD/GB, two fun abilities that i neglected alot earlier but they aint so bad...maybe...
    Think this is why groble dervish "Whirl of Blades" also fails, thought he would be awesome with a sunder axe/holy blade and warchief inauguration, but never got those to trigger on his autoattacks.