Rite of the Returning One

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by WraithxxV, Mar 30, 2014.

1. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Well, nobody probably remembers me around here (Long time top 50-200 player using mostly mediocre decks, huge Hyaenid fan, made all the Nids pages on the wiki) but I decided now was a good a time as any to return to the game, and the first thing I did on the forums should really be saluting my fellow members of the best faction out there.

So hey there ;)

Anyways, while I'm here, what's bgs are working well right now, in general, and in SP?

I've been running my Nids and FW/SL Mutants unchanged and winning, but honestly so far I've only faced one good deck (Minos) and no really good players.

2. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Welcome back!

I'm probably not the person to ask about the meta, but Hyeanids seem pretty powerful right now. (Not including Djinns, it's not particularly worth it.)

3. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Thanks, I think I'll stick to my decks then and just play around with whatever new I can come up with.

4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I think the only absolutely essential runes are G'hern general for range/spell protection/global healing w/ battle leader, cleansing emerald, and banner. There are a lot of good champs/spells/equips for SP.

5. stfn

stfn Member

SP is overpowered, you'll be fine.

6. Raikan

This is true! But it doesn't have sexy demons, frolicky elves, cute teddy bears or necromantic zombies...so it has to compensate in power for what it lacks in style. To put it a different way, would theNidhogg play FF SP on his KF vacations if it wasn't powerful?

7. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Lost to Nidhogg yesterday, showed me how rusty I was, but it was a fun game regardless.
    And there is NOTHING sexier than Hyaenids.

8. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Welcome back fellow SP player.

I'm also back from a quite long hiatus, it's good to see that the game has evolved in such a positive way.

This is the last FF SP bg I ran I think:

[​IMG]

Since apparently there wasn't any balance change so far it should still be top material.

9. Raikan

So...much...eternal storm. This has a lot of late game potential. I assume most of your opponents rushed you? If so, you might want to look at the mud elementals. They have a lot of stalling potential.

10. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Yes I've noticed that this bg was very good at winning games with a font disadvantage. I've won a couple of ones wihile having 1-2 less fonts for most of the game, thanks to the summons and AoC.

I can also effectively rush shrines with Alac x2, Ritual of Binding and Sceian but the passive champs slow that down quite a bit.

I don't really fear rushes either but ofc I'm very careful about whether to deploy AoC or not. Peaks Dao helps a lot against rushes, and in a too disadvantaging situation I can still use Whip to get out of it.

Mud Ele looks great but I don't know what to remove for it, everything In my bg fulfils its defined role well.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  11. Raikan

I'd probably remove a spell/relic, but I like to have at least 16 champs in SP to capitalize on the FF bonus, either a voil king's crypt or a surprise pies--if you manage the bats well, then you can build 1 into a swarm...no need to have a 2nd crypt to get even more and you've got enough relics to contest and enough healing w/ mika and 2 dooms and 1 pies. But I like running a bit of a melee heavy group if you've got sceian, and I like the melted fudgsicle's sprite :)