Ritual Changes...from Cactuar Crate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

--Ritual of Destruction:
    Target owned champion within 5 spaces is destroyed. The closest enemy champion within 5 spaces takes 12 Acid damage. If the destroyed champion was summoned, the damage is reduced to 6 instead.
    --Ritual of Healing:
    Target owned champion within 5 spaces is destroyed. The closest friendly champion within 5 spaces of the destroyed champion is healed for 12 HP. If the destroyed champion was summoned, the heal is reduced to 6 HP.
    --Ritual of Power:
    Target owned champion within 5 spaces is destroyed. The closest friendly champion within 5 spaces of the destroyed champion gains +4 DMG for 4 turns. If the destroyed champion was summoned, the duration is reduced to 2 turns.

I'm actually pretty confused about this.

The change will make it so that you cannot use Rituals on your enemy's summoned champs.

I thought the whole reason for the Rituals is to stop summoned champs from overrunning the game.

Now, how will I even have a chance versus an enemy Spirit of the Mountain and his endless manifestations?

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Are we sure it's only friendly champs and summons ? If it is then the abilities will mostly be ass, and things like raven tongue also might need changed.

3. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

They probably concluded that the abilities were too oppressive against summons as a whole and champs with multiple rituals like Yobanchi/Clop Ritualist were a little too good at shutting down summons. The abilities were originally limited to owned real units so now it's mechanically the same as before(sacrifice own, gain boon) except you can sac summons as well as real *****s.

No.

4. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Major buff to SOTM and summon heavy themes like MYX. Thanks Greens :)

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

At first I thought you were confusing rituals and rites, but you're not. I agree, it's a loss if rituals can't target enemy summons. If instead rites are changed to allow targeting summons for a lesser effect, that would be a nice addition.

6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Are there any summons bgs or specific summon champs that are too strong right now to require summon hate?
    I haven't seen Spirit Projection bgs in a few years, so I don't know how good they are right now, but if they are a problem, then Spirit Projection itself is probably what require a change.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  7. Elric

Right now, Arroyo Riftlord and Bone Circle Archmage can put out so many summoned units all at once that it's pretty ridiculous.

In the old days, a champ could summon 1 champ at a time. For some reason, Sokolov felt that Arroyo Riftlord and Bone Circle Archmage needed to spit out 3 champs at one time. Not sure that can be explained by anything but pure excessive powercreep.

8. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

This would directly buff all of my bgs, not a single con from this from what I see.

It seems that if these changes clearly effect anti-summons there will most likely be abilities now associated to directly effect summons.
    Rites will become the new anti-summon with Rite of Destruction being renamed to Ritual of Destruction and Rite of Healing added to a tier of Ritual of Healing. This makes the most sense and allows for the developers to buff/nerf individually anti-summon or real champ destruction abilities.

What we are left with:
    Friendly Owned Real Champ: Ritual of Destruction/HealingR1,2/Power
    Any Summon: Rite of Destruction/Healing/Power

How the new Charges can be worked into ranks/tiers
    Ritual of Destruction: After this ability has destroyed X real owned friendly champions, you may destroy an opponents champion within X spaces.
    - this can be race or class specific such as: '-has destroyed X real owned Warrior Skeletons'

9. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I don't really think that bone prison is that impressive - without boost/ banner, those units have really low hp, and with it, they are strong but pretty manageable for most decks.

This effect is probably going to nerf FW, since they are more weak to things like shatter summon and especially swarm . Bone circle staff is literally the best fw equip, it's basically like them losing an entire utility.

For example, mika crescent fesh is going to dominate now. The hyaneid swarm unit will basically be gg. Myx are God tier without a doubt (they are so strong now).

Aayro rift Simmons? Give me a break they don't even have boost. They are basically meme balls used to give surge rift walker health and essense devourer food...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  10. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Are Myx that strong now? i havent played with them since Incubator was introduced which made them super fun but in that same expansion a lot of anti summon was given to champs so i didnt have the chance to taste their power

11. Elric

Actually, according to the Crate, Rites are being removed altogether.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

13. sirvile

sirvile The King of Potatoes

Laughing in zombie.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Hard to say, since they steamroll skeletons to the point where i feel like I should just quit when I see it.

But myx broodlord is silly broken. Like the plasma rifle from turok GameCube. That broken.