Rivals

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nepyonisdead, Oct 5, 2017.

1. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

so part of the reason we get so addicted to pox sometimes is the rivalries we develop

Which is only natural in a small group of players for personalities to clash

I want to know who your main rival was and in doing so give you guys a reason to comeback to pox

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

my main rival is myself because I Firking SUCK

MaruXV and nepyonisdead like this.
  3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i never had a rival. i stuck around because i actually liked some of you ****s

and because i was better than like 99% of you so that was nice

Alakhami and nepyonisdead like this.
  4. nepyonisdead

You know me and the current top pox player were chatting about that and he shares your view

That the biggest enemy to someone is himself .... and he also thinks you suck xD I am joking about the last part ofc <3

But you know you are on the right path

MEATMAN likes this.
  5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I knew you were joking right away because any top tier player right now probably has no clue who I am

nepyonisdead and Dagda like this.
  6. nepyonisdead

Great Self depricating humour and can take a joke, you are a rarity my friend :)

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have no rivals.
    [​IMG]

MEATMAN and nepyonisdead like this.
  8. nepyonisdead

Also to get back to the topic over the years Ive developed many rivalries.. some friendly competitiveness and some all out wars, but there are two players who Ive honestly enjoyed every game I had with them and I am delighted to be able to keep up with them considering that in my opinion both players are more creative and technically better than me at the game.

***Drumroll**

Player 1:
    Davre

Yall know him as one of the most creative players in pox, his skill equals his creativity and he is one of pox grandpa's in a sense. The most memorable series I remember is when I played him head to head for 10 or 12 consecutive matches and we took turns winning each other literally every game ((thats how close the games were)). The score was 5 - 5 but every game was loads of fun and to this day every time I match him I know that I have my work cut out for me and that the game will be alot of fun either way.

Player 2:
    Aronxop999 also known as tweek516 on the forums

Best KF player I know and one of the best technical players Ive seen (( if you see him taking 30 secs before he makes a move you know you are ****ed)), had my best game on pox with him for about 1 hour 30 mins.

Gnomes likes this.
  9. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I thought of Revenancer as the guy to beat after I started playing. After that pretty much only tiny/devils type autists gave me trouble unless I wasn't tryharding.

10. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Rivalry is only in your head. I mean sure, you find some opponents that you think are approximately the same level as you are and every time you battle you momentarily remember most of the previous games and use that memory, both analytically and intuitively, to defeat them (however successful that may be), but in the end, once it's over and you've grown up a little bit, you understand that the only battle that was going on was a battle with yourself, where after each loss you had to boldly face your own imprudent mistakes. Pox made a decent contribution to be being self-aware of egocentrism that manifests itself in such things, which is phenomenal for a game to do if you ask me. Essentially -- now that I think about it -- pox is mostly a game of keeping your awareness. If you're 100% aware of what you're doing, you'll never make a mistake (although that doesn't mean that you won't lose).

But back to the topic, if I were to make list, it would be:
    TinyDragon
    WarFoot
    Zorbot
    Markoth
    and tons of other people whose names I don't remember...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    nepyonisdead likes this.
  11. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Never had any. Ive played to few games (6k) to find any rival. (and here DoG could easy show gameinfo between players so after a fight we could see how many times we foght, winratio etc) But the games current state i doubt ill ever find one either.

12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i dont like rivalries, but I sure look up at iPox as the "master builder" legend target i would like to achieve.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  13. nepyonisdead

I think my definition of rivalry is a bit different to the social norms

Like I said before I considor the 2 above names some of my closest friends in pox but the competition with them drives me to become better and to keep up with them, so I think of rivalry as a concept including friendly but serious competition

14. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

if i had to chose the most expciting and adrenalin puming games i have had is against Tinydragon.

15. nepyonisdead

haha fair enough but the point of this thread is to think of someone of a similar skill level to yours that fighting each other would be like a coin toss because there is no telling who would come out on top

if thats the case with you and tiny then congrats buddy

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i don't think i had many cointoss types. i think my games ranged from 60-40 against me to like 99-1 for me