Ronin Rune Discussions #1 - Amber Wing

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Great idea. Change that awful spell that gives swoop to do that.

Markoth likes this.
  2. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ideally the spell would do what it does now PLUS proc the sigils. For 40 nora that seems reasonable.

I was thinking more along the lines of giving it to a champ. Possibly that Amber wing since it seems a bit directionless at the moment. Then it would have a unique function that would allow you to get the most out of your wing champs.

3. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I'm not great with 'Wings but I consistently find Wings of Glory a decent throw down, the +2Dmg/Swoop gives a nice general buff and throws in some melee range damage while Tough let's you whether the return hits decently.

Though I could see Swoop replaced with "Champions who possess a Sigil ability gain the benefits of that Sigil", though adding in the "Champions within 4 spaces gain X" clause would be wordy as hell.

Beyond that Wings are just generally very expensive and this is another expensive champion that has a somewhat muted presence, he just wanders about immune to most things forcing you to move your champions about in such a way that as many as possible gain the Sigil buff's while still not blowing each other apart with Magical Aura.

Perhaps swapping out Arrow Eater for Absorb and Grant: Magical Aura for Magic Nova 2/3 would be a decent move? It'd drop his cost from 84 to 76/74 and he'd still be able to wander about causing issues but perhaps at a more reasonable cost?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  4. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

If Emerald could have a price drop I'd be ecstatic. I'd like to include him because he is a decently mobile champion that provides more mobility but at 83n he's a bit... Meh.

It'd be nice to see a Non-traditional commander-style champ with 'Wings

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's about what a 40 nora spell brings and this one does not carry its weight. There are other, much better, 35 and 40 nora spells that outclass this one by a long shot.

Swoop is cute, but it often makes your ranged units only able to attack once, since they are most likely not in range to swoop. So, it ends up being a melee support spell, and does IS really need melee support? No. If someone engages me in melee and they are not UD, IS or zombies, I'm probably going to win (that part of the fight).

6. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Rather than a getting a champion to trigger the Sigils, I'd rather see the Sigil mechanic adjusted so it can be triggered a bit more easily. The whole point of them seems to be to trigger them via positioning and I feel like a trigger rune kind of defeats that.

7. stormyorky

stormyorky The King of Potatoes

I don't like the idea of a specific trigger rune. Such rune would be an auto include and a must have. A theme with a must-have rune in order to work is poor design imo. No rune should be a must have in order for a whole theme (mechanic) to work.