rune conceal

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by exiledtyrant, Apr 11, 2014.

1. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

What conceals runes?
    Delay
    Setback
    Sands of time from jelly fish and witch's hourglass
    Jellebrium
    forced ignorance from Litchling
    Conceal from stiched concealer

What else?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. only

only Active Member

I suppose you mean FS/FW runes?

Stitched Concealer also has Occlude.

Darkmarsh Concealer has Conceal (the same as Stitched Concealer).
    (you could also get one additional Darkmarsh Concealer from spell Darkmarsh Warsong)

if not.

Obelisk of Foresight (ST) has Occlude
    Darkness (UD) does mass conceal
    Arcane Maelstorm (SL) is based on conceals.
    Refute (IS) conceals rune and its copy.

3. exiledtyrant

I'm trying to find all of factions conceal and rune cooldown options options. FS/FW is looking the most synergistic though specially with mass punishment from reckless command. Granted if a BG is mass concealing SL overload may prove strong as theres going o be a lot of nora never getting spent. I'll keep looking around Thanks for the other ability names.

4. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

I've been wondering, what's the point of occlude? Why conceal your own runes?

5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I believe one of the strategies was to try to remove cool downs. I don't really remember much more then that.

6. exiledtyrant

Only thing I can think of is for the stitched amp with occlude. The conceal ability would give the edge to a player with scry and expedite though. I think the synergy breaks down into how you want to control a players rune dock however. Passively through set backs, delays and conceal or aggressively through jellibrium and sands of time. Combing both so that the opponent has only 1 rune to play with no options seems overkill and impossible to sustain because you remove so many spell and equipment slots for complete rune dock lock down.

It's something I'll mess around with later till i can find a comfortable medium.

7. only

only Active Member

concealing and putting on CD is counterintuitive.

note that not all concealing effects are like Forced Ignorance.

Forced Ignorance + Jellebrium Mind/Sands of Times is nice combo. they both work together.

other sources of concealing DO NOT. because FI states that ti works just with runes from opposite hand (revealed). all other effects work with runes on CD as well. basically, what you put on CD might end up being concealed.

what I know works for sure is playing FS/IS or FS/FW. both splits offers very good tool: Refute or Hourglass. then simply playing the full deck of jellebriums. both splits have even more expiremental tools: Spell Ward (IS) and those Stitchlings (FW). so both splits are working quite nicely. you just need to remember Sands of Times works with attack(-like) abilities only, not with non champion runes!

Setback isn't that bad if you ask me. I really like it, but not in this deck (with jellyfishes).

the only reasonable way would be to play Setback and then try to snowball with Sands of Times. but that's too situational.

Delay is bad rune on its own.

there is also Skull Totem in SP and Reckless Spellhack spell (in SP) that might synergize with JMind and SOTimes.

for Stitched Concealer. I'm playing him in UD/FW shrine rush, "occluding" aka chaining Spell Traps is quite casual thing to punish non aware players.

you might also turn-off auto rune reveal option so you can have better management with Occlude since you're going to experiment with conceal effect and stuf.

8. exiledtyrant

Delay and set back seem like they could be rather punishing together if you can force them early and keep chaining them together. Then you opponent technically has to kill at least one deploy every turn or sit on it. If they sit to long they just get concealed again.

9. only

only Active Member

everytime you cast Delay, you increase your chances to lose two times.

10. exiledtyrant

What would be the reasoning behind that if your opponent can't summon anything. Even if they do they get thrown back into the conceal pile. The large nora bank they build up could become a ticking time bomb in itself but it would only become problematic when they can get around 15-17+ conceals every few turns.