Rune Forge update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hierokliff, May 15, 2017.

1. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Any hope on a faster/smoother Rune Forge?
    Not sure what I really want, but the pain of cleaning up commons/uncommons after a few skirmish games or open a box of runes. puh. there must be so much of them out there, if i look on what i play mostly ill never get it neat and cleaned, and for those of you that have played alot, there must be thousands of runes.

Maybe just a listing of the runes with a checkbox on the side, check the ones i want to sacrifice to shards.
    how my IS commons look:
    upload_2017-5-15_13-30-21.png

sirvile and super71 like this.
  2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

That's my rune list in all factions pretty much, they need a mass shard system that's on site and not some sketchy website.

3. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Yeah i used some script designed by a member of the community when the forge first came out.

4. sirvile

sirvile The King of Potatoes

"Well that's why you gotta clean up your mess when you make it and don't let it pile up"- Your mom, probably, maybe...

davre and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

No we had housekeepers that did that...didnt you? :p

6. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

I too used that mass shard thing, it is ok as you can leave it running, it does miss some but better than nothing. also doesnt work on a mac so i have to turn my ancient laptop on. please create one please and thanks.

7. sirvile

sirvile The King of Potatoes

Yeah, but she still made us clean up our stuff. Or else...

8. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

The mass shard that Newsbuff created still works just such the forum, but yeah Pox needs to improve this system, as well as adding an on site database and improve the trade system.

9. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

yeah, on a mac, so none of those off-site auto shard things work. With the amount of clicking it's not worth the shards/carpeltunnel

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Run a windows virtual machine on your mac, run it in there.

11. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

Would not know where to start with a "virtual machine" is it easy?

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm not a Mac user, so I don't know exactly how easy it is, but I've done it in Linux and in Windows and they were both easy. From the instructions I found, it should be easy. I think you can use a trial copy of Windows long enough to shard the runes. Whether or not you choose to buy a full license to keep it long term is up to you.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/4729

13. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

Just do a few a day. Filter down as much as you want and simply clean out all the commons from a particular release and/or faction. Next day do the same thing for another release and/or faction. Then move on to uncommons and repeat.

I tend to shard surplus core rares, exos and legs as soon as I get them, but the commons and uncommons do pile up. From time to time I'll do as I suggested above and clear out the 2/4 shard piddly stuff. And yes, it is a hell of a lot easier to clear out 7x runes than 29x runes, so don't let them pile up like that.