Rune of the Day - 25/04/2017 - Aspect of Life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buttes, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Buttes

Buttes The King of Potatoes

[​IMG]

Some questions to get discussion rolling:

1 - Which upgrades do you prefer running?
    2 - Do you think the upgrades are hard to pick between, or is it an easy choice?
    3 - How viable do you think this rune is currently?
    4 - What minor adjustment do you think would balance the rune, or is it fine as is?
    5 - What do you think of the flavour (art, text, sprite etc) of the rune?
    6 - Any other thoughts on the rune?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Hierokliff likes this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Good ideas with reasoned arguments always have a chance of coming true :)

3. Slencer

Slencer The King of Potatoes

I take majestic 1 and cleanse as my upgrades. I really like playing AoL with a horn of order on it buts its just too expensive for just a support champ.

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Given how much she heals and how hard she can be to kill, she deserves to be expensive. It's more about having the courage to run her than anything else.

Woffleet and Kampel like this.
  5. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

she used to be quiet tanky in the past back when incorporeal made you immune to all damage types that weren't magical.
    nowadays she dies really fast for how much effort it takes grow her up.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

This is the aspect of life I'd like to see:

Aspect of Life
    Race: Spirit | Class: Demi-God | Size: Small | Rarity: Legendary | Faction: K'thir Forest

Nora Cost: 80

Champion Stats
    DMG: 0 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 43

Champion Abilities
    Majestic 2
    Trail: Vegetation
    Ethereal
    Lay Hands 1
    Heal Champion 2

Upgrade Path I
    Quest: Support Ally (default)
    Gift of Fertility (-6)
    Charm 3 (-6)

Upgrade Path II

Ripples (default)
    Cleanse (-1)
    Ritual of Healing (-3)

This takes her away from charges (which you've said you don't like). She no longer has the late-game potential that all the aspects were designed for, but boundless vitality never went off anyway.

She might be too strong like this (can be run at 74 with Charm 3 and Ripples), so maybe give her some more expensive abilities base? (Maybe forest front instead of trail etc).

Still does nothing except heal, but this time can do it more effectively and isn't as expensive. Gift of Fertility is a fun ability, although I'm not sure how often it would be taken.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    nepyonisdead, Etherielin and Slencer like this.
  7. Slencer

Slencer The King of Potatoes

love it

8. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Used to love running this rune but goddamn I never managed to get to boundless vitality without having Lay Hands off cd.

Feelsbadman.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  9. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Think aspects should be working as FF Heroes and get a little nora cost reduction. never used aspect of life, and dont think ive fought it, a superhealer by the looks for that cost is hard to motivate a slot with so many good champs in KF.
    healing got a problem with so many abilties getting stronger and stronger, while healing remains the same. i mean commander/battlemaster/escalation/surge etc keeps making the damage stronger the longer the game goes, while superhealers remains the same. (thinking of Ironfist Paladin also) think the charge heal is a good way, maybe it could be changed for the 'recharge' ability.

Is there any +HP ability like Augment Creation that grants +Max HP instead of +dmg to units deployed after her?

10. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Not currently that i'm aware of, definitely should be called Bolster Creation though

11. Tweek516

Been thinking about my design, and I think she should have heal champ 2 over heal champ 3. Have updated.

12. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I think she needs a totally new ability all together..so far all I see is a less efficient snake charmer with less survivability and no summons. 80 nora is HUGE for a dedicated support, Id prolly suggest removing magestic since that and ethereal do the same thing more or less, and adding vitality creation and dropping her cost to 75ish. Quest support ally is a great idea since Id prolly horn of order on her so the drive will get the procks but may create an imbalanced healing machine. Overall I do like the rune and what it brings to the table but I highly doubt she will be efficient enough at anything above 75 - 77 nora

13. nepyonisdead

and before someone tries to be cute and say magestic and ethereal arent the same :p I mean that they are both expensive defensive ability for a unit that will mostly stay at the back, and paying for them together is to a certain extent unjustified

14. Tweek516

Vitality creation on her is a good suggestion. Gives her some low cost survivablity (kinda), and stays within flavour.

So, earlier today I was thinking about how to give her the late game alternative win condition that all the aspects are meant to have. Trouble is, healing by nature is reactive, so she'd need a unique ability. I was thinking something like this set up:

Heal charged (2)
    Boundless Vitality (redesigned) - Spend 10 charges. This champion loses all remaining charges, and all your champions gain +5 Max HP permanently.

Of course, numbers could be changed around and stuff, but I thought this would be pretty cool

nepyonisdead likes this.
  15. nepyonisdead

Thats actually more than reasonable ....its not even that good when u put it side to side with the ST or SL one. Propably heal damaged champs for 5 + gives em a rank of regen for 3 - 5 turns

16. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yeh, currently aspect of life is a 85ish nora champ who will probably cleanse twice and lay on hands once. She's also a roadblock half the time, unless they have magic dmg. Also you can stick her behind your melee champs to majestic on their melee champs, which is sort of useful.
    But she is bad. I can recall getting boundless vitality off 1 time, and then she got vertical pushed next turn.
    Any of the above changes would be better than how she is atm.

As to how she is now,

17. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

It seems like she's drowning in abilities needlessly. She could have Majestic 2 and three (non-charge) healing abilities and fit in neatly as a healer/debuffer at a reasonable cost.

Elves Rule likes this.
  18. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yeh, revamp hit and she still has 8 abilities which she doesn't need half of. And that's without a basic attack or a racial.