Runemaker (ONLINE)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poxpoints, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

EDIT:

Enjoy guys: www.poxpoints.com

I had a bit of spare time the last couple of days so I (almost) finished the runemaker.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Dude. Awesome.

3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Holy cow! good job !

4. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Somebody get this guy on the Desert Owl Team

5. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Nice. Can you make it also create battle group's too, like poxbase?

6. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

And you should also make trade capable since you're on top of it :).

7. Poxpoints

@Tweek516 @Gnomes Thanks, I appreciate the kind words! It took quite some time to code this so far (partially because a lot of this is new for me)!

@Cinder405 I don't think I'm that good yet, give it a few years, but thanks, haha!

@poxrooster I could add all of that, but all of that takes (a lot of) time. At the moment I'm fairly busy in real life as I'm starting up a business and will be cycling a rickshaw from Berlin to Belgium soon-ish. I'm not excluding the possibility of adding more functionality (database, battlegroups, trader, etc.), but it won't be anytime soon.

DiCEM0nEY, Gnomes and Tweek516 like this.
  8. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Really excited to try this! Great work!

9. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Well that's awesome. If i were to make a suggestion, please let us share the ideas in some form of a link or a generated image with upgrade abilities and descriptions. well, josh you're an awesome guy overall

10. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

If you could get the nora cost to be calculated by the stats, abilities, races etc it could be a useful tool to check if ones runes are inefficient and just used because i like their looks. my biggest problem is that i go by their name/looks more then if they are actually good :) ok maybe not the biggest problem.
    cool work though, wish i had some ideas, i got all the time atm, but no inspiration

11. Poxpoints

@Pixyrus Thanks, will let you know when it's done!

@IronStylus Yes, that's the idea, currently it works up until the point that all the data gets saved in the database. Now I need to code it so each rune has their own link and gets reassembled there.

@Hierokliff The formula for stats is unfortunately not publicly known. All existing abilities noracost is though, so you are able to see that.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You could have it search the database for a champ with the same stats, and if one exists, derive the stat cost from there.

Poxpoints likes this.
  13. Poxpoints

That's actually a cool idea, granted a champ with the same stats exists! I might take a look into it after launch!

darklord48 likes this.
  14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If one doesn't match, you could even have suggestions based on the champs that are the closest match.

15. Poxpoints

I guess this is why coding is awesome, endless possibilities to change/improve.
    To be fair, with all the available data I'm fairly sure with some mathematical magic someone could probably even figure the formula out (or something very closely resembling it).
    This is my first self-made (web)application, so there's a whole lot I'm still figuring out!
    Now working on creating a template page where the data from the database gets send too, so that users can have a link to their rune.

16. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Usually runes are overly efficient instead of under efficient due to formula costing and base value modifications mainly deductions.

17. Tweek516

Runes can't generally over efficient. Runes are generally average, that's the whole point of average. Some runes are over efficient, some under.

IronStylus likes this.
  18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Most manual modifications have been removed.

19. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Runes become over efficient because the formula doesn't take in to account ability synergies. For example an intimidating arrow eater champ wouldn't be over efficient. However would be nigh unstoppable due to the insane synergies.

20. Tweek516

Yes okay sure, some are over efficient.

But over efficient = more efficient than the average rune, or in the top half of most efficient runes in pox.

Runes as a whole (meaning all runes in pox) cannot be over efficient. Doesn't make sense.