Runescape

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GemmaXylia, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

the game got more active.....altho i dont play anymore i was around when this first happened and saw the change

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

did you get a sense if it was just old players returning to the game or if it brought new blood?

3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

old players , it was released at 6 million per 14 days.....a new player does not have that much gold hehe

4. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

Members have a say now in what comes out ahead of other things. Speaking of this, people were interested in bringing the old combat system back and Jagex says they will integrate it so it runs "seamlessly" with the EoC system. It's pretty cool. I played a TON over Christmas break. I still find the leveling curve far too high to play it anything past level 80 in any non-combat skill, which caused me to stop playing it again (Need 85 Herb to kill QBD and get Royal Crossbow...).

Quick Note: Kill Level 2 Rats until Level 40 in any combat skills in the Varrock Sewers if you're starting anew. Seriously the best xp since they did the Evolution of Combat change.

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

its funny how some games manage to use the concept of f2p to actually increase the divide between old and new players.

6. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

Speaking of which, the new tutorial for the game is terribly rude if you ask me.

They provide a "taste" of what you can do as a member and then yank it away from you. A lot of in-game features that only members have access to have leaked into non-member areas and they use it to try and entice players. It's pathetic.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but if you can get my girlfriend to quit playing f2p because you mock her with all kinds of members stuff, there can't be too many non-members happy about what Jagex has done with that.